Force19Mods

@8up-local i kinda like it lol

after some hours on American WIld dlc i decided to call it Russian Invades America DLC because all maps a filled with russian mil trucks

atleast they nailed the H1 and the adons animations on the h1 are really cool everything else looks toon/bad and its not even realistic I mean the Western star front axle is a beam axle with a circle in the middle THATS NOT A AXLE! and lets not talk about the rear axles and middle shaft, yeah Shaft it suposed to have 2 shafts from the middle axle to the rear axle with a universal joint to join them for a suspension travel (small but anything counts when loaded), ford f150 model is way to wide and looks just like shit, the only detailed undercariage on the 4x4s are the K5 and H1 from the 4x6 are the Ford ltl900 and the the Forwarder is good same as the skidder (i wont say more about the because i wasnt able to find ref images of RL trucks to compare them too) everything else is plain bad and they didnt pay attention to basic stuff (like gearbox shapes,hub animations,axle shapes and the dampers on the Freightliner arent textured , they do are dusty with a overlay dust/dirt but didnt had a base color when you did the textures (substance users know what I mean) )

anyway enough rant about this dlc

In other News first looks at my XJ (Based on the 2 doors Nissan diesel Swap ) the new XJ 4door on Mopar Portal axles

alt text

Yeah, portals for the win!! 😉

@forces said in Force19Mods:

anything can change depending of the in game looks but so far this will be the RockForest JK jeep #2
alt text
alt text
alt text

Do you have any substacne painter tips? thanks

@forces said in Force19Mods:

@8up-local i kinda like it lol

cool i get ya, but just sayin' :face_with_stuck-out_tongue_winking_eye:
alt text

@riskywisky

• Practice with anything (Wheels,rims,seats,trees,rocks, just practice)
  • Smart Materials are crap, Never use them unless you make wood or map assets (but still making use of the overlays is better by 10000000%)
  • the best HRDI map is Bonifacio Street
  • Keep Practicing
  • work in PBR-Metal-Roughness-Alpha-Test
    -Never go over 4K (4096x4096)
  • Use only 4K in the Body meshes the rest can be a mix of 1K and 2K
  • try to join as many meshes as you can to have the less amount of texture maps
  • the Roughness Sliders must be used backwards in Substance (the more black the more reflects but in spintires is the other way the more black the less reflects)
  • you could use the Non-PRB-Spec-Gloss (Shelf) workflow but its crap (despite the fact that is the best workflow since it generates/outputs the maps you need for spintires) but PBR gives you a better control of the shades and works in any light conditions (Day-Night-Overcast-Water reflection-Grass Reflection)
  • try to make the texture of the truck with the full model of the truck (cab,frame,suspension,interior,engine) with no wheels or addons
  • Base Colors Mpas are Diffues Roughness are Specular and DirectX Normals are Normals
  • More Practice hours
  • Once you get a Material that you like Make it a group and save it as a smart Material since Stock Smart Materials SUCK!
  • and Practice allot texturing anything
  • Cycle between your maps too press C and that way you can see the Base colors and Roughness (Diffuse and Spec maps in game)
  • everything must be a bit darker in substace to look good in game (see my FJ 47 pics that looks perfect in game but is darker in substance)
  • keep in mid a substance file can be up to 1 gb if you have too many textures in it

I cant think of anything else

Look for videos in youtube dont be stop if they dont texture cars, pretty much anything helps you understand this tool, i started practicion texturing my house assets library that I made for a friend to use in his work as house/interior designer

last edited by Forces

Do you guys know about Substance Share ? I think I told y'all about it. They have many new smart mats as well as many other things for SP. They have a couple good SM's for tires.

oh nice info on that one, i didnt knew about this site, thanks tattoo

Update on the XJ on Portals
new bumper on the front and no idea of what to make on the rear LOL

alt text

oh and a new interior

@forces thanks man ill make sure to try it when i get a chance.

@Forces the xj is looking awesome

@forces try to make a metal pipe for the rear bumper, im not sure how it would look but might as well give it a shot

Very Early Testing Screens From My New Upcoming Logging Map.....(Androscoggin)

alt text

alt text

last edited by SmarOneNine

@8up-local At the moment it is rather easy trailing but I still got a long ways to go with this map and let me just say this is so much harder to build then all my other maps, I'm not a logger so I'm not sure what I should be seeing or including in this map or how difficult it should be I haven't done a lot of research when i probably should have before attempting this build, I have no rock sections yet I feel I shouldn't be adding rock climbs on a logging map? But idk learning as I go gonna need a lot of testing from friends before releasing.

@smaronenine said in Force19Mods:

@8up-local At the moment it is rather easy trailing but I still got a long ways to go with this map and let me just say this is so much harder to build then all my other maps, I'm not a logger so I'm not sure what I should be seeing or including in this map or how difficult it should be I haven't done a lot of research when i probably should have before attempting this build, I have no rock sections yet I feel I shouldn't be adding rock climbs on a logging map? But idk learning as I go gonna need a lot of testing from friends before releasing.

If i were you make side trails with rocks on them that dont lead to the logging points

@riskywisky Exactly what I was thinking bud, I'm going to try and mix it up with this map having plenty of trails for the trail riding fans and then adding the logging stuff for the log fans.

@riskywisky Exactly what I was thinking bud, I'm going to try and mix it up with this map having plenty of trails for the trail riding fans and then adding the logging stuff for the log fans.

Yes. Just wondering, what rocks are you going to use

@riskywisky probably just the normal from nix/spun

@riskywisky probably just the normal from nix/spun

have you ever used @Tattoo 's rocks? they are amazin and you should try to use em

@riskywiskyI have them yes and they are real good, I like them for scenery rocks more than actual climbing rocks

@SmarOneNine i think spuns has more body friction, not sure though