Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul

Youtube Video

Effects (each comes in 3 colors of dirt - light/medium/dark and a few clay coloured) :
Top soil dust (short and/or long term)
Top soil kick up (also producing rocks and dirt bits)
Dirt bursts (also producing dirt bits and a few rocks)
Dirt chunks (also producing dirt chunks and bits)
Mud chunks (also producing dirt chunks, mud chunks and blobs)
Mud splashes (also producing mud chunks and blobs and the odd rock)
Sliding kick up (also producing dirt bits and chunks and lots of rocks)

Spent quite a bit of time fixing up and improving how all the mud effects work from my old More Dynamic Mud mod for ST.

Basically the effect is split into 3 categories and two types. The categories are obviously Dust, Dirt and Mud with Short and Long term types of effects.
For example soil kick up (which only occurs in the first inch of dirt/mud) produces a loose constant stream of dirt falling off the wheel (short type) and lots of dirt bits and rocks (long type) which collide with the wheels and the terrain and slide/fall on inclines.
Mud splashes (which only occur deep in the mud, or in water/mud mixes) produces watery muddy splashes and streams from the wheel (short type) and a variety of mud blobs and chunks and rocks (long type).

The vehicle in this video is quite powerful and the spin on the wheels is quite severe which is why so much is getting dug up. Playing with normal vehicles is slightly less intense

last edited by TemplarGFX

Youtube Video

Heres a video of the latest update!

The big addition here is how water reacts when you drive through it. The default game has code to tell the water splashes to colour them according to the water you are driving through. To be honest it barely worked and I couldn't really tell the difference.

I added a bunch of extra code that looks at how muddy a wheel is, how much debris is stuck to it, how deep into mud it is and how deep into the water it is. It then darkens the colour of the water, and lowers its transparancy according to these factors.
In other words, water looks muddy now when it should!

Youtube Video

I added the inverse of the truck's velocity to the direction which rain effects are generated so that when you drive fast the rain appears to go more sideways! works awesome in first person too!

Unfortunately youtube has butchered the quality somewhat and its not as easy to see

Youtube Video

Ive been working mainly on cleaning up the code and optimizing everything for the best performance / look

One great addition is to how the water is coloured. Previously I couldn't figure out how to custom colour the particles when they are generated, however that has now been figured out.

When you drive through water, the colour of the water that is splashed up is a mix of two colours.
Water Colour and Mud Colour. The Mud colour like the mud effects has 3 layers of progressively darker brown color that are chosen depending on how deep into the mud the wheel is.
Next the end result colour is a blend between the colour of the water, and the colour of the mud using the wheels Mud Depth, How much dirt/mud is on the wheel and how many mud chunks are stuck to the wheel.

The result is that water gets cleaner as your car gets washed off, and boggy water is messy stuff

Well here you go everyone and enjoy the new weather Tango build please post comments below on what you think as feed back is greatly appriciated

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dy8XF2knzgwVTz7Rsy2JrQazgBEkk6rv/edit

Here are changes to Tango build as posted on steam by Templar GFX on my testing group...enjoy everyone and big thank you to Templar GFX for making the dynamic side and making this happen with his awesome lua coding skills 😉

Changes :

Water Splashing now gets its color from the mud undernearth and the mud stuck to your wheels. as your truck and wheels wash off the water splashing around will get cleaner

Storm Front generation reworked so it can fill up almost the entire sky for darker day-storms

Dark clouds a little darker

Weather presets adjusted to give more barely-raining weather states. (for the next change)

Weather randomiser changed to prefer worsening if less than light rain and prefer thinning if greater. Weather hold time increased so that each choice gets a bit more play.
Basically this gives a more natural feel to the weather changes, with drawn out storms being rarer are more intense.

Increased over-all weather area

Adjusted mud and dirt generation a little to lessen the clumpy groups that were formed

Optimized particles to improve performance

Auto Performance system is a bit more agressive this time around

Better chunky mud texture

How to install :
It is best to use a Mod Manager to install this, however extract it to your games install folder to install it manually.

Note - At the moment you will need to copy the contents of the _t folder that comes with the mod into the TextureCache.zip archive located in the game install folder. (backup the original!)

When does the rain happen? I installed it, loaded my map and drove for a bit but nothing happened rain wise. Although the other effects are spot on.

@digital-x said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

When does the rain happen? I installed it, loaded my map and drove for a bit but nothing happened rain wise. Although the other effects are spot on.

Sorry about that, It looks like that bit of the instructions was missed!

Weather can be enabled and disabled by Honking your horn, while the engine is off. This is necessary because the game does not like doing weather changes on the menu, and there is no way to determine that you are at the menu.

You should always disabled the rain before going back to the main menu for stability. It doesn't always crash (the weather doesn't always change) but its annoying when it does.

last edited by TemplarGFX

It's like an early christmas gift ! Great work on this guys! Love it!

Where and how do we make donations?

😃

@Draconus
@TemplarGFX
I'll point out the elephant in the room if nobody else will... What made you guys decide to release this now?
Also, I'm stupid and impatient. How long should it take for this to "kick in"? How often does it rain? I've had a truck parked for nearly 30mins just waiting and all I've seen so far is some neat ground fog, but not a drop of rain... Saw the little green particles when I honked which would imply that the mod is active, but no rain.
Is it possible that my system is such crap that the FPS-based performance adjustments are forcing the particle count to drop so low that the rain is just non-existent for me?

last edited by Mexican_420

Ill post this because guys im getting flooded with messages it doesnt work no rain after ten minutes and seriously irratated the community is actually this NOOBISH.... seriously does anyone know what DYNAMIC means...if not read this for the noobs out there lol

its built realisticly and doesnt always rain every sec of every day in real world its DYNAMIC real world simulated weather...you guys are killing me with this noob stuff seriously lol

Ur welcome on the thanx above guys same to Templar GFX...please if no one understands Dynamic weather play the game with it for a while eventually youl see rain and some times when you start you may get it shortly after its never same its all done realistic and DYNAMIC

Sorry dont mean to sound jerkish or anything im going through serous health stuff right know and other not so good things getting flooded with messages of something people should already know if they read stuff we post or watch any vids we post as well so again sorry guys and enjoy the weather and be kind and cool to one another...everyone take it easy-Draconus

Yep got it working now, slight pause when enabling but very very good! My truck needed a good wash after all that mudding.

The only reason I didn't see rain is because I didn't know how to turn on the mod.

last edited by Digital X

Is there going to be conflict when im using SweetFX?

@woodingot I use ReShade and have no issues.

Ahh, the sound of rain was so relaxing the driver had a nap! 🖖🏼

0_1521749432877_burg_dynamic_weather_mod.jpg