Few words from developers!

First of all: I'm really happy to see Spintires taking this big step forward!! It's so nice to see the active contact between dev team and community.

I'm messing around with the trucks quite a lot and therefore I have some questions regarding the mod support:
Q1: can the converter convert all trucks and addons, including older ones with separeted .x and .xml files or only newer files that came with the Workshop?
Q2: when Spintires took the step into the Steam Workshop, some values have been changed into "hardcoded" ones, which made it very difficult to achieve a unique setup for a modded truck- will it be possible to customize the engine (torque curve, rpm), suspension/ damping and the friction of the tires again?
Q3: will there be some kind of multiplier for the fuel consumption in order to make a engine more or less effective, independent from its power, weight, tires, and so on?

@Сергей-Ермаков Не хочется делать слишком много настроек в игре. Мы постарались выбрать оптимальное соотношение скорости наложения/исчезания
Q: Can we have a setting option that prevent mud from disapearing?
A: No, because we don't want to have too many game settings to keep it simple

@DerEggen A1: .x files are version independent. Mod converter is supposed to convert XML files, so it doesnt matter if its a workshop asset or not
A2: please give us feedback on what kind of additional parameters you need, we are very ready to take modders feedback into account
A3: it was actually one of the modders who suggested making fuel consumption rate a derivate of said parameters 🙂 Making fuel consumption an explicit parameter would allow for creating unbalanced mods, but like A2, we are ready to hear modders feedback!

@Pavel A1: thanks for that explanation, good to know.

A2/A3: my questions refer to the mod/patch "Spintires plus" by Localhost.
ST+ gives some new parameters for suspension and damping, the possibility to create different suspension setups for different wheel sets (so you can have a street and offroad setup on the same truck just by switching tires) and for the tires, it gives back the numeric values for mass, friction and softness.
ST+ and its changes to the game have been the result of cummunity feedback, so there you go 😁

New/more parameters or multiplier would give us all the ability to create even more realistic vehicles for ST. I understand that you have an eye on unbalanced mods but even without all those parameters, nothing stops you if you want to give a truck a 10000l tank and 4500Nm torque, along with an over the top gearbox (look at all those rock crawler out there).

Making fuel consumption rate a derivate of said parameters is perfectly fine and realistic but it would also be realistic if there was a parameter to in- or decrease the fuel consumption over all, in order to simulate an older or newer engine/ truck.
For the engine/ torque/ gearbox, you may have a look to this: vehicle-engines. As I said, I can understand that you want to keep it simple and stable. Maybe you can find a compromise. You could give back the old parameters and by default they all have the value "1" and the engine and gearbox behave like you (the devs) want them to. And for those who know what to do, they can tweak the engine and gearbox to achieve a better/ more realistic result.
Just my two cents, I hope you got an idea for what I have in mind- and sorry for the long text.

I can't wait to use the map tools Pavel. Is there still going to be a 2 gig Ram limit?

Hi Guys great to see this game finally progresssing and even better to have @Pavel here too. 🙂

I have pre-ordered on Steam and have some questions:

Q1. Can we please get some more real gameplay footage from PC or any platform.

Q2. How complete is the game, 75% or closer to 95% for launch date?

last edited by Jnismoism

Здравствуйте! Подскажите, а не планируете ли Вы сделать игру "дальнобойщики" на подобе ETS2, но с русской душой?)) То есть объединить "дальнобойщики 2", "дальнобойщики 3", "ETS2", "ATS" и "Spintires"? Ну или может для спинтирес сделать большую карту с разными дорогами и разными грузами? Или может какой-нибудь регион РФ реализовать?

@Flotoslav В будущем будем делать более интересный и сложный игровой процесс конечно
Q: Can you make a "Spintires + ETS" game?
A: Yes, we will be adding more gameplay elements!

Привет, ребята, здорово видеть, что эта игра, наконец, прогрессирует, и даже лучше иметь @Pavel здесь тоже. 🙂
Я предварительно заказал Steam и задаю несколько вопросов:
Q1. Можем ли мы получить еще несколько реальных игровых кадров с ПК или любой платформы.
Q2. Насколько завершена игра, 75% или ближе к 95% для даты запуска?

First of all Hi Pavel and thank you for returning to this great project 🙂 It sucks what Oovee did to Spintires 😞
I am glad to see this project rise from ashes to be alive again and evolve 😉

@Pavel said in Few words from developers!:

Q: Can we have a setting option that prevent mud from disappearing?
A: No, because we don't want to have too many game settings to keep it simple

Honestly I dont understand this one. For example more casual player will not even go into options to tweak that.

But why not adding 1 option basic screen with simplified options that are currently planned and then as some good games have option called "advanced options" that way those hardcore players that love to tweak their games will have that extra options so that more casual player is not forced to enter so why not add "advanced options"
There are players that have monster rigs and would love to change options for how long mud marks would stay on their vehicle.
Or at least please make some ini file in which we will be able to change such settings for our gaming experience.
See example of Fallout 4 where by default bullet casing stay on the ground for very short period of time like 3-5 seconds. But there is tweak that changes that and bullet casing stays for insane amount of time and game performance is not suffering while there is hundreds of bullet casing by different caliber and game performance dont drop. While here we will have simple case of for example 4 trucks with possible I dont know 100 different mud marks, wetness etc. on one truck? To be honest in my opinion it is also way to short that wet and mud stay on our vehicle. Ok wetness can evaporate/dry so it can disappear after shorter period of time due to faster timecycle in game world but mud should stay very long. I hope if not soon then in future it will be possible to tweak that at least in ini file if not in advanced game options that can be in game or set in separate config file or by separate exe file with extra options 😏

last edited by CoSm1c gAm3r

@RoughRider said in Few words from developers!:

I can't wait to use the map tools Pavel. Is there still going to be a 2 gig Ram limit?

Yes, because its not memory limit that caps map sizes. We make maps bigger in future!

@Jnismoism said in Few words from developers!:

Hi Guys great to see this game finally progresssing and even better to have @Pavel here too. 🙂

I have pre-ordered on Steam and have some questions:

Q1. Can we please get some more real gameplay footage from PC or any platform.

Q2. How complete is the game, 75% or closer to 95% for launch date?

A1. Im sure more is comming soon
A2. 95% of course!

@Pavel That wasn't the problem for me, I get errors constantly with stock content if I add high amounts of trees. 32*32 is plenty big enough.

@RoughRider said in Few words from developers!:

@Pavel That wasn't the problem for me, I get errors constantly with stock content if I add high amounts of trees. 32*32 is plenty big enough.

There are a lot of fixes and improvements to the editor, so if there will still be errors with new version, we will fix them 🙂

Q. What makes me curious is damage system. It is very basic. Will there be in the future any changes to that? For example separate engine, suspension, wheel damage? If I hit hard something with my wheel it should get flat. If it was harder hit then the whole wheel should fall off but why vehicle starts to have engine damage and stall etc?

@CoSm1c-gAm3r said in Few words from developers!:

Q. What makes me curious is damage system. It is very basic. Will there be in the future any changes to that? For example separate engine, suspension, wheel damage? If I hit hard something with my wheel it should get flat. If it was harder hit then the whole wheel should fall off but why vehicle starts to have engine damage and stall etc?

Oh thats one of the main directions for improvements to the game 🙂
Im sure we will have changes to the damage system in patches, but if we are talking about seriously redesigning the vehicles damage/structure, it means a lot of changes to both game engine, game assets, and game logic (maybe the most important). So don't expect BeamNG quality of damage effects in nearest future, but its one of the long-term goals 🙂

@Pavel
I really hope for good future for Mudrunner. I am happy that this is in plans for future. IMO separating damage just for the beginning to wheels and engine would be big step. I bet many players were driving their vehicles fast and hit some cut down tree with their wheel and all of a sudden it made damage go up to red spot and car started to stall etc. 🙂 So just for believability flat tire would be more logic damage and then spare wheel would be what it is... A spare wheel instead of repair points :p For engine repairing there should be a separate kit. I saw some mod had added roof holder with some repair points and fuel canister. That way we would still have repair kit separate for wheels and engine 🙂 It also would be harder to drive with a flat tire so fetching spare tire for our specific truck with for example 469 or 66 would be an extra game experience that would add to the fun of gameplay. I also many times hit my truck on its roof or some not important part of truck attachment while driving between trees and I got damage to the engine so making this feature would be great upgrade that would stop player from thinking "what the hell? I hit my roof so why my truck start to act weird and shoot flames from exhaust?" 🙂 I honesty would not expect beamNG damage system. It is impressive but not that realistic IMO 🙂 I like Spintires deformation. It is enough. Ok thanks for reply. I have some ideas for gameplay for the future that I will like to share on this forum one day. Maybe something will be interesting enough for the dev team so it may end up in game 😉 Cheers.

Hi Pavel!

I have a two three suggestions to improve the editor:

a) A settting which allows to enable the semitrailer supports when placing a semitrailer without a truck.

b) A setting which allows to adjust the rotation of a placed truck or trailer on all axes to simulate crash/rollover.

c) A setting which allows to adjust the amount of fuel/repair on an attachment or trailer.

Have a nice day!

Dexter

@Pavel I AM SO HAPPY I've been watching spintires on YouTube for a few yrs now and it's finally coming to console !!!!! I know everyone wants mods on console but I understand how difficult they may be . Just a suggestion you all could do various popular mods as dlcs for console.

last edited by AdamFinger1561