[PTS 25.2] The Roads of Scandinavian region - giving it more of European look without much of an effort

IMPORTANT, look at my latest comment update!

Unfortunately the Scandinavia does not add new road overlays and instead reuses American ones that don't really fit the setting51c0cda8-f2fe-4d4b-b2bf-c55d30ecafe6-image.png
I'd propose creating a new set of textures that incorporate the side dashed marking pattern on each edge side of the road, as seen in real Sweden68d0ad6a-0741-4881-85bd-9fee24601293-image.png
d2bb604d-c4ab-4cac-bb24-9f661dae6046-image.png 3a8c635c-d544-42e4-aaed-7c8a420ed6dd-image.png
I tried to visualize it in game by reusing a custom road textures I had made for my own Polish map, that also uses that side dashed pattern and those are the effects:be3f29e9-c42c-4095-bb63-2da966352a2d-image.png a25d426f-1660-4b0f-937e-8740fe2ee060-image.png e87efa9a-4252-45be-a481-46ca50abe43a-image.png
This makes the region look much more at home and true to its Scandinavian setting, so have a road overlay that still has a dashed lane separator in the middle and those additional dashed pattern lines on the sides.

This will also require to create a variant of bridge models and of a cracked road segments to incorporate the new texture.

last edited by Nextej

In Finland we have either no lines on the sides of the road or continuous line..

I've decided to actual make custom textures (and not reuse the Poland ones I had), but instead of either going with Swedish or Norwegian ones, I've decided to mix them up together, take both of the most interesting elements of both, because well, the whole region is already a vague mix of two (like it has both Swedish and Norwegian road signs... but whatever). If there are any people from either of the countries that are dissatisfied with what I've done here, please speak up.

Also, I think the unique road design helps, just a little, with this sh*tty Americanized design of the town in the picture 4 below.

Before:alt text
After:alt text

Here's how the texture works, just be sure to also update break_road_01-06_us11 models
textureroad.jpg

Have to say, another beautiful and detailed map, but it does not float my boat for Scandinavia at all.

Won't stop me driving it though. 🙂

I've also redone most of the remaining roads to give them a proper lookalt textalt textalt textalt text
I've made it also into a little mod on mod.io https://mod.io/g/snowrunner/m/scandinavian-road-replacement-for-season-11
But to be clear between us, I don't want it to just be some little mod