[PTS 23.09 update] Bulk Loading contract feedback

Good day.

I've a concern regarding the Bulk Loading contract in that right now it requires 12 loads of potatoes for delivery. That's 6 full farming cycles, which for one continuous objective seems like too much of the same. May I ask to consider lowering it to at least 8 loads/4 cycles?

Another note is that the contract's description hints that the cargo should consist of "experimental taters", which seems like a reference to GMO potatoes and not the usual ones. Yet the Bulk Loading contract, as well as tasks Out In The Field (RU_08_04_FIELD_PROCESSING_01_START) and RU_08_04_POTATO_BUYING all deal with normal potatoes: 6006695f-ac58-4a97-a8ee-3853c46a375d-image.png 97b16d12-76b0-4f5e-b2bb-387f9c7b109e-image.png 96cc8c65-8b83-44c6-ab01-2bdcecf19694-image.png

last edited by McKillem

@McKillem I tried doing this contract - I was successful at delivering 2 loads of potatoes. I did the 5 additional farming activities - cultivating, planting & harvesting - then delivered 10 loads of potatoes - the location for delivery at the airport disappeared. There is only a loading station at the airport and it does not recognize the potatoes on the trucks. I went to the nearby farm - where there is also a delivery activity - whereby you deliver 2 loads of potatoes to the airport - that also failed. I could not complete either of these contacts - sometimes you have to farm at a specific plot/farm to do the contract - I could not determine which one despite purchasing additional cultivators, planters & harvesters at the trailer store... impossible it seems at present - I also restarted the Bulk Loading contract - that did not work - loaded cargo is not recognized at the loading dock at the airport - and the location for delivery is a mystery

last edited by jeffpaul1234

Currently doing that contract.

I like the idea of having to deliver 12 units of potatoes because we don't do that in any other contracts.

I like to have to work on a field more than once to get the necessary cargo.

But having to do 6 times the same field, that trigger at 75% completion, is way too much.

I would suggest to have the field in "Harvescorp" reward the player with 6 units of potatoes instead.

You would then have to work it once for the task/contract (i forgot the name) the require 2 units to be delivered to the airport, and then have to do it 2 more times for the necessary 12 for "Bulk Loading" contract.

@jeffpaul1234 It seems to work - if you harvest the potatoes in HARVESTCORP - and do not transport them from the INSTITUTE. This requires transporting farming equipment - cultivator, planter and harvester - from an adjacent map area... and - harvesting in HARVESTCORP requires that you complete farming activities to 70% complete (or more)....very time consuming...

@jeffpaul1234 It was 90% for me last time I was in there. As you say, very time consuming considering it was around the 10% before the last update. This is a trucking game, not a farm simulator.

last edited by Xenomethean

@jeffpaul1234 not an easy task - let's say you run out of fuel while doing a farming task - if you try to refuel - or switch vehicles - the job has to be restarted... lots and lots of fuel is required for the tractor to do 75% of the field for each activity: cultivating, planting & harvesting

@jeffpaul1234
You don't have to restart a farming activity if you run out of fuel.
I change truck every now and then, or restart the game in the middle of an activity, I never had to restart a farming task, the percentages just remained.

I'm not sure I'm following your problem here ...

@DJbarro I was farming - completed cultivation, was planting - got to 68 percent done - ran low on gas - drove to a nearby vehicle to refuel - switched to the other vehicle, refueled - and when I returned to the tractor - it had changed the challenge - the farming process disappeared and the game switched me to Bulk Loading. Went to main menu, restarted game - still in Bulk Loading - only option for farming challenge was to "restart" - which means I lost my progress in farming - which I have to restart - and again begin cultivating, planting, harvesting. On the tractor - I tried to complete planting - it would not register any progress - did not show that I was working on farming.

@DJbarro FINALLY - GOT IT TO WORK - HARVESTCORP... rebooted computer - and was able to continue progress! Whoopee!
a comment - what's the deal with "planting" - it goes - so - slow- takes 1/2 tank of fuel to complete to 75% of field... whew - I have 3 tractors in that field - one connected to each device - cultivator/planter/harvester - seems to work better that way - faster - and better fuel management - - - ALL GOOD _ TASK COMPLETED

@jeffpaul1234 Yeah I'm trying to reproduce the problem you had.

So far, cultivating seems to work just fine

• Even after changing truck
  • Even after changing map
  • Even after returning to the main menu.

However so far, during the seeding step:

• Changing truck doesn't bug anything
  • Changing map doesn't bug anything
  • BUT when going to the main menu and back, the visual of the field changes. It goes back to where the brown weeds are growing, BUT, the seeding percentage is still there.

Still investigating.

last edited by DJbarro

Updated thread title as the contract remains unchanged as of 23.09 update.

I think its safer to pull a fuel trailer next to that field you are working on, fast and easy to refuel if needed. Although it should not be necessary.