[PTS 23.09 update] New game+ rules feedback

Good day.

There are several things about the newly introduced rules that could use if not a change then at least a better explanation:

1. Trailer availability rule "Only trailers found in the world"
1.png
A confusing rule. It seems like with this rule in place all missions that require delivering long logs will become impossible to complete, as there are no long log trailers to be found on any of the maps

2. Fuel pricing rules
2.png 3.png 3-1.png
This rule jumps from "Default" to "Free", to 2 times normal price, implying Default is paid fuel. Logically the default should be free and second step should be paid fuel instead.

3. Truck recovery settings
4.png 5.png
These rules go from default (assuming free) straight to paid at twice the price, skipping a setting where recovery would be paid at base price.

4. Contest availability rules
6.png
This has been a huge anxiety-inducing thorn in my back ever since hard mode was introduced. Getting locked out of being able to progress save slot completion entirely upon failing any contest more than three times is a very frustrating technicality. I'd like to ask you to reconsider this mechanic, for both hard mode and new game plus, and replace it with removing payments for completion of the contests after a certain amount of attempts instead.

last edited by McKillem

I wish there were random generated daily missions on the maps .

@McKillem

All great feedback.

Agreed about the rules around contests needing to change. Hopefully now we can create our own hard mode! I loved the idea of hard mode but wanted to be able to change time still

@McKillem

All great and thoughtful feedback

My eye catched only one rule, which could move me from 25% hardmode (it took almost two years for me 🐌) to new game+: jumps from car to car for $!
I played this way Mudrunner, using Uaz for it.
But im not sure its possible in SR, with its huge maps…

Unfortunately no option to play Cockpit only (when moving), no option to pass time for money (possible simulation of Need for Sleep feature)

Also, if in final release farming job will finish at 31%, like on PTS, i would like to see New game+ slider - 30/50/100

last edited by Stazco

There was a problem with the day and night settings, the time locked in the day/night only mode blocked all weather.
Many repair tasks that originally distributed vehicles to players now leave an uninteractive truck after completion

Emerald Night of SnowRunner Discord community moderation team have also suggested being able to switch the rule set to the default Hard Mode values for further tweaking.

@blackjack02 said in New game+ rules feedback:

Many repair tasks that originally distributed vehicles to players now leave an uninteractive truck after completion

Finally! Young Snowrunner fans often found themselves in jails because they thought that if someone asking you to deliver something and pay for delivery, he must present it to you at the end!

I lost my beloved vehicle in the woods, now im drinking and cant rescue it myself, please change flat tires and bring it back to me, i will pay to you.

We do it, getting money and experience reward, AND this drunken man saying- you can keep the vehicle too! WHAT?!?!
Dont drink and create normal tasks!

last edited by Stazco

A thing that jpayne from Discord bought up is that there seems to be no rule to have fuel and repair trailers come out empty from the trailer store. It'd be great to have one or if it's already included in one of the other rules it needs to be noted as such.

Another rule I think would be nice to have is availability of the "flip back" function from Season 7 co-op races but across the entire game.

Seeing from various opinions on regional block in truck store and its "necessarily", I think the NG+ would use an ability to switch regional block on and off.

As of 09.09 update:

• Having Hard Mode enabled does not in fact enable Hard Mode
  • Truck availability rule seems to always default to all trucks being available from the start no matter what NG+ settings I pick - exiting the garage always results in all trucks being unlocked for purchase.

The rules combination of having repairs cost money but buy/sell vehicles is normal price has a workaround that should be fixed. A player with these settings might discover that they can sell a broken vehicle back at full price then buy a new copy of the vehicle with no damage.

Therefore, it should be implemented that trucks cannot be sold without fixing them to 100% first. Either that or reducing the selling price by the cost of the repairs would work too, but I think implementing a rule that trucks have to be repaired before they can be sold should be easier to do.

As of update 23.09:

• Hard Mode works again 👍
  • Other issues brought up remain unaddressed.