Did someone else feel in love with Amicia ?

Some will find this completely absurd, but despite the potential judgments or negative reactions, I wanted to post to share with others my strong feelings.

"What is love ?" asked Jiddu Krishnamurti, Indian philosopher (1895 - 1986), for numerous times.
The answer is complex and it is done rather by what it is not: love is not possessiveness, attachment, jealousy, fear.

So... You are not unaware that the character of Amicia was drawn in a rather beautiful, pretty, feminine way. Am I offending anyone by saying this?
In Chapter Five or Six I think, there is even a soldier who (in a tone heavy with double meaning), speaking to Hugo imprisoned in his cage, thinks of delivering Hugo to the Inquisition and keeping Amicia with him. What for, if not for a purpose of a sexual nature?

Of course, this is not the level of female characters found on Overwatch, or even (worse) Paladins.
It's not the same kind. It's not the same kind at all. Overwatch and Paladins even get crude in their portrayal of the female gender (have you ever seen Widowmaker, Saati, IO, or Lian characters ?), and since (I think) it's quite the opposite in A Plague Tale, that gives to Amicia its unique charm.

So, Amicia unfortunately does not have a physical existence. She "doesn't exist" in real life. Just like the game I got so hooked on. This is why my feeling of love, instead of growing and gaining momentum, was almost instantly reduced to pieces, because my conscience no longer allowed me to delude myself: I will never live any story with Amicia, and I will never live the story of the game and all the events they went through. However, I would have liked it so much!!

It hurts...

Yes guys, there are people who develop romantic feelings or attachments for "fictional" characters...

Do you ?

@lucas-z

You had a crush on attractive gaming protagonist. But it does not warrent this sort of depth of thought. I was attached to a online character I created, found her to be 'aestheticlly pleasing', but this attachment is about the emotions of the game itself and is akin to what people experience when they get attached to a Tamigotchi - Like a virtual Pet.

It's pretty normal to feel this way - it's a character driven story-telling and Amicia is pretty & pleasant to be around. Notice that her phisical appearance is also very pronounced - compare that with the appearance with Melie's character.
It also reminds me of the similar feelings while playing the Last of Us 1 - "what if I could be with them? That would be awesome!".
Plague Tale is a great story, so... you're doing it right - you're into the story and you are affected by it.

On the philosophical note - It does not matter if she is real or not, it's rather how we handle emotions & expectations towards others. We tend to create ideologies when it comes to real people as well. Sometimes it's not what they really are - it's how we imagine what they are. You don't know what it means to spend time with Amicia. You just imagine what it may be. But ... that's the beauty & curse of our imagination.

You had a thing for the alluring video game heroine. However, it does not call for such in-depth consideration. This attachment is about the emotions of the game and is similar to what individuals experience when they become attracted to a Tamigotchi - like a virtual pet. I was attached to an online character I made because I thought her to be "aesthetically pleasant."