Insurgency Sandstorm is boring, camping trash

Can someone explain how this game is tactical? These maps are boring, slow, and made for campers. Half of both teams always have 0 captures, all while they sit on the outside of the map with a sniper rifle and/or rifle.

In real life all soldiers are campers.

Only in arcade shooters people run around like craze in the middle of a gunfight.

Insurgency is much more a milsim than other shooters. Maybe you never played this style.

Try another game modes like Domination.

last edited by Shadoware

I have felt that whole team plays objective in this game in their own role. Some classes like breacher and advisor have great equipment for playing the objective while gunner and marksman supports objective players. Not everyone needs to sit on top of objective, some needs to defend objective players by eliminating enemy team.

This game has both intense firefights and moments of 'building up combat' by methodically advancing to better positions. Securing positions and checking corners etc. I have never been in military but I guess in real combat firefights aren't constantly happening like in Battlefield or Call of Duty where everyone run n' gun around. If you run around, you will be quickly eliminated.

That's why this game is called tactical shooter + all those realism aiming game mechanics.

You are right. I didn't like it

@shadoware said in Insurgency Sandstorm is boring, camping trash:

Insurgency is much more a milsim than other shooters

ahahahahahahahaha great one lmfao. In co-op at least it's much closer to mw1's hardcore mode. Doesn't make it any less fun at all. In fact on servers that pit players against a literal army's worth of bots, it can get absolutely chaotic and I love it.
Versus definitely needs teamwork and you need flankers and people who aren't afraid to push...but this is definitely not even close to a milsim lol.

last edited by edbods

Not sure if you're even playing PvP then. Literally every server I'm on, half of both teams are not taking objectives. They literally just camp outside the map with sniper rifles. This game is not tactical at all.

@shadoware Wrong. In war, you take the enemies ground, and keep moving. Not camp, and do nothing. That's not how you win a war. LOL

Can someone explain how this game is tactical? These maps are boring, slow, and made for campers. Half of both teams always have 0 captures, all while they sit on the outside of the map with a sniper rifle and/or rifle.

"Camping" isn't a thing in real-life, it's a term invented by people who play fast-paced arcade shooters like Counter-Strike or Call of Duty. These types of players often complain when others take advantage of concealment or strong positions by waiting for their opponent but in real life those are exactly the type of tactical situations operators are trained to deal with. In real life you don't run around firing weapons on the move, you hold strategic positions and move carefully from cover to cover making sure to check all the angles. If you're not a fan of this slower and more deliberate play style, then maybe this isn't the game for you, or as someone else suggested you might want to try the Domination game mode.