Please fix spawn points, and add smaller maps.

Been getting shot in the back on spawn points, and enemies are respawning behind me a lot as well. Also, please add some smaller maps. There's too many big, campy maps. You got to cater to both playing styles. Not everyone wants to camp.

If you’re talking about the deathmatch mode, you may want to check out coop. The maps are large because they have a number of objectives throughout, so the large space is needed. I can see how these maps would be an absolute nightmare in deathmatch mode because everyone would be camping constantly in any of the large number of great spots. I think the devs are approaching this as “you want small maps, go play COD” which I get to an extent.

I have seen in the coop mode that the group respawn will plop us down next to an already spawned enemy or two sometimes but that’s not too frequent. I absolutely love the coop mode, but haven’t even checked out the pvp stuff; not really my thing

Not really. Everyone camps constantly now. These maps are primarily for campers, and people who are bad at the game. Like I said on my last post, these games have to cater to both playing styles. Battlefield and COD starting catering to only campers, and look what happened, they lost half their player base. Why would I play COD? It's all about camping like this game, and Battlefield. I'm a run and gun. I take a lot of points, defend, kill, and move to the next point...Not Rambo style either. I check my corners, and my sourroundings.

I’m still not real sure which game mode you’re referring to but in the coop mode, there’s parts where you’re defending an objective and you’re supposed to stay in the objective area, so “camping” is a part of the game sometimes. If you’re a run and gun kinda person, then this game likely isn’t for you, as it’s a tactical shooter which are generally slower paced and less forgiving. This is not designed as a run and gun type game, and I for one am glad that play style is not encouraged by the devs as evidenced by being able to outscore people with over twice as many kills as you because you actually played the game instead of treating it like a deathmatch. Playing CoD was not my suggestion I was simply saying that seems to be how the devs feel about it since there’s not any small maps and CoD pretty much exclusively does tiny maps. Also the game devs don’t have to cater to anyone, they can make the kind of game they want, and if someone doesn’t like it, they’re not being forced to play it

last edited by HuggNiceman

I'm talking about Versus primarily. Yes, this game should be for everyone. There are 2 good, run and gun maps...Tell, and Summit. But, everyone votes to play the camper friendly maps. COD is about campers mainly, and so is Battlefield. It's actually not just small maps for COD, and BF. They do both in some cases. Which is why they lost half their player base. Those 2 games wanted to be camper friendly to bring in more players to make more money. LOL Lastly, like I said before. The devs don't have to change anything. There are 2 really good maps for my style...Tell, and Summit. So, you're wrong in that aspect as well.

last edited by Minotaur80

@Minotaur80 said in Please fix spawn points, and add smaller maps.:

Been getting shot in the back on spawn points, and enemies are respawning behind me a lot as well. Also, please add some smaller maps. There's too many big, campy maps. You got to cater to both playing styles. Not everyone wants to camp.

YES!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!

@HuggNiceman said in Please fix spawn points, and add smaller maps.:

If you’re talking about the deathmatch mode, you may want to check out coop. The maps are large because they have a number of objectives throughout, so the large space is needed. I can see how these maps would be an absolute nightmare in deathmatch mode because everyone would be camping constantly in any of the large number of great spots. I think the devs are approaching this as “you want small maps, go play COD” which I get to an extent.

I have seen in the coop mode that the group respawn will plop us down next to an already spawned enemy or two sometimes but that’s not too frequent. I absolutely love the coop mode, but haven’t even checked out the pvp stuff; not really my thing

Honestly all I play is coop, and Ive had enemies spawn almost rifgt on me or behind me, it needs to be fixed.

Have been noticing more enemies spawn in or near the cleared objective in co-op since the patch... I get it, stay alert, but the enemy shouldn't spawn beside friendly... if the the DVR on Series X wasn't crappy, I'd post a couple clips of this showing the issue.

@epicusmaximo Since the recent patch, I have seen it a lot more, and the AI will outright storm already captured/cleared objectives which is crazy. Definitely agree that needs to be fixed.

@Fuzzy-Belvedere Exactly. I'm usually respawning with at least 2 snipers pointed right at me. It's crazy. LOL

@epicusmaximo I think COD is all about campers, as is Battlefield. Which is why they both lost half their player base. They catered to only campers to bring in new players for more money. Sadly, this game is not far behind. You have to cater to both playing styles. Not everyone wants to not take flags, and camp on the outside of the map with a sniper rifle. LOL