How do you play insurgency sandstorm on Xbox with friends?

I’ve been trying to play co-op,,local,regular games with friends. How do you set up a party of friends on Xbox? Thanks for any replies….

At the moment, you can’t. Me and my friends on Xbox just party up (push Y on main menu and then add your friends from the menu) and then hop in online games with randos and stick together. We usually perform really well as a squad even with random people in with us. That said, I see a lot of posts and comments about private coop needing to be a thing, which I resolutely agree. Hopefully it gets enough traction for the devs to make it reality.

I agree with you one hundred percent. One more question. Have you figured out how to Get night vision? When I build a character I can’t find it and go in the game dark (sucks)…I did it by accident in game but haven’t figured it out since.

@shred said in How do you play insurgency sandstorm on Xbox with friends?:

I agree with you one hundred percent. One more question. Have you figured out how to Get night vision? When I build a character I can’t find it and go in the game dark (sucks)…I did it by accident in game but haven’t figured it out since.

For saved loadouts, you have to set them up for Insurgent / Security, Day / Night and Co-Op / PvP. NVGs are only available when you sent Night as one of the criteria when building a loadout. Check the right side of the screen and you'll see as your in that menu.

Having said that, there is something wrong with the the saved loadouts at least on PS4 / PS5 as sometimes our saves don't work for some reason and / or items are deselected like the NVGs.

In either case, you can change your loadout (add NVGs for instance) once you spawn in through the menu (option button in PS) and then if you go to the nearby ammo crate, you can change your loadout to what you just selected (long press of triangle button on PS). .....but this is also glitched sometimes and you have to wait until the next checkpoint when a new ammo crate is available.

...and yes, they really need to add a friends-only / private session option to co-op. ......or at the very least allow console players to rent servers through a service like Nitrado. When we have enough friends, ransoms aren't a big issue but when its just two or three of us, it can be a really bad experience with the wrong people. I'd really rather prefer to just play with friends.

Loadouts are bugged on Xbox as well. some night co-op matches load with only my day co-op saves available... I created a day setup with just enough points left over to add the NV scope & NVGs.

As for a better solution than randoms, use the LFG (looking for group) feature on Xbox if you have less than 8 for your co-op squad.

I set up a load out and it works sometimes. New update just hit xbox yesterday.
I’m playing on a Xbox slim because my Xbox one died.. really not strong enough to play. Screen goes black every once and awhile and graphics kinda suck. With that said my new Xbox x is arriving tomorrow. 4k 30 frames or maybe 60 a sec. This might be half my problem but I can’t stop playing co-op. I went 56-8 a couple days ago.
Thanks for all the info…

@shred What is the version installed now on your XBox? Im currently on 1.0.0.7 and Im not sure if that is the latest version or patch?

As of 10/21/21, version 1.10.1 should be the most recent.

Please add this feature in a future update. Ability to have invite only, private lobbies in co-op matches with friends.