Console: please remove Aim Dampening from PVP

Hello,

I am making this thread as a request for NWI to disable aim dampening in PVP on consoles.

Insurgency: Sandstorm is the first true harcore shooter we have and the players who want to fully experience it as such, i.e. without any "performance enhancers", are put at a significant disadvantage in PVP because they're not using aim dampening. This takes a lot away from the skill-based experience that Sandstorm is supposed to deliver.

For this reason I am asking NWI to remove aim dampening from PVP.

Thank you for your consideration,

Simon

Is it really that big of an advantage though? I didn't even know the game had it until a friend told me how to turn it off, which I did but really didn't notice a difference. .....personally.

Maybe I should put it back on again to see if I notice after having it off for a while?

@Kean_1 said in Console: please remove Aim Dampening from PVP:

Is it really that big of an advantage though? I didn't even know the game had it until a friend told me how to turn it off, which I did but really didn't notice a difference. .....personally.

Yes, when you learn how to utilise it, you can allow yourself to be much less careful with your thumbstick. It can get to a point where it's almost targeting your adversaries for you if you get the aiming direction right.

Furthermore, it allows you to "see"/"feel" enemies through smoke and in darker areas.

last edited by SimonSmaga

Can someone advise what aim dampening does? sorry new to game just trying to understand this feature

Salut toi, t’es sur pc non ? Ou du moins du joue clavier souris sur console, alors jvais te dire, si t’es sur console repasse à la manette ou alors si t’es sur pc vois comme ton arme est stable quand tu tire. Sois intelligent un peux stp …

last edited by Fizik79

You want it removed completely instead of the option to disable it?
That is very childish.

The reason why people want aim dampening removed completely is because it can be exploited to kill troops advancing through smoke, behind walls, or in dark shadows....

The crosshair slows down a bit, allowing the exploiter to "feel" where the target is even though they can't see it.

And to that point I agree. it should be removed completely.

I've been killed in smoke a few times where the deaths were too mysterious. (one shot kills) and that seems to be the only logical explanation to how the enemy knew I was there.

last edited by Rapskalion