Tatra FORCE Tow platform feedback.

@JTT actually the wrecker like that vid shows that justin posted would be used for scout recoveries, or giving bigger trucks only a little help for small problems

@Nextej said in Tatra FORCE Tow platform feedback.:

Right now everytime the truck is packed on tow arm, it get the handbreak automatically locked. It should be done otherwise with the handbreak being automatically released each time the truck is packed.

As Big_T0ny noticed, this problem seems to only appear when the the towed truck is winched onto the towing addon, not when the truck is manually driven on. Universal solution regardless any possible state of handbreak when the truck is packed, is just to override everytime it to released.

This is still a problem in live version as many people reported, much more people simply thinking the addon is broken and useless because they don't know about the handbreak thing.

This is still a problem in live version as many people reported, much more people simply thinking the addon is broken and useless because they don't know about the handbreak thing.

What I found that work to tow any vehicule that you can drive,
(it doesn't work with mission trucks)

1- Drive or winch the truck over the platform, either way it doesn't matter.
2- Turn the engine off, release the handbreak, set the gearbox to Neutral (pretty much like a real life towing operation)
3- Hop in the Tatra Force and pack the truck.
4- You should be able to tow easily now.

Careful to not attach the winch to the towed truck, that would set the handbrake back on.
If you get out of the TatraForce while a truck is attached, I have found that it releases the towed truck.

The wheel lift sits to high above ground when pulling a disabled truck on to it. The wheel lift can get lodged between the disabled trucks body and suspension when backing up straight under trucks wheels and on level ground. Also when tow platform is equiped rear tandem fenders should not be enabled under platform. (PS4)06_tatra_t815-7_8x8-2.jpg

last edited by Dman983

The problem with evacuator is still present in 16.5, and I'm sure as hell it is annoying to people right now to have the handbreak locked every time a truck is winched onto the evacuator.

@jtt said in Tatra FORCE Tow platform feedback.:

With at least half the trucks having "transparent" axles - so no collision? There is no way that these all get reworked. And then these trucks suddenly dont work on areas with lots of stones. Which would need also "rework" to have not only a few trucks being usable there.

Ok, realistically noone would ever take such big rocks right between the wheels, as glitching over may cause some glitches with driveshafts, the oil sump or your gearbox housing....

So keep cool. Its a nice attempt, I hope its better than the TH Forklift. Which is from gameplay point of view simply a desaster. It cant really do what its intended to do, but be abused as an "untippable" scout. Yeah.

My comment with "heavy" was refering to the "yea f750 or loadstar" statement. These could at the best tow an H2, Scout800, DON71, TUZ166 or similar small scouts and thats it.

Well yea, a light wrecker would be for towing light scouts.

At this point we already have a heavy wrecker (Tatra Force) and a rollback towing frame which I have on the Voron AE but if we wanted to be more proper also fits the Kodiak. So all we're missing is a light wrecker which the 750 or Loadstar would be ideal for.

Tatra's evacuator is still pretty useless on 16.6, all it needs is to always release the handbreak of the packed vehicle (either a mission or or player's) immediately as the said vehicle is packed and stay released by the whole duration of being packed, easy fix, right?

last edited by Nextej

Alsa when trying to lift a vehicle that is on the tow platform it lifts the back of the Tatra up and the vehicles thare being towed tip over due to the bizarre center of gravity and the platform is completely useless!!! The Tatra Force would be better off with a dedicated 100 ton crane with extended Boom and radius and reach. Vyadobra Created a Mod that extended the Vanilla Crane. It was porrted to Xbox last fall but due to some bugs and glitches it was taken down for improvement and I am assuming the author hasn't had the time tosit down and play Snowrunner in a while.

revisit check: it has been 3 updates since implementation and packing trucks/trailers still does not releases the handbreak, which really a big issue if one's deciding to winch the towed truck onto evacuator before packing it, cause as you know, releasing the winch by default, locks the handbreak in the winched truck

Still present on PTS 19.0

God, I'm begging, do something, please!