It's been over 4 years now since I released The Swamp Trails: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1379877961

My first attempt at a proper map with custom objects. It did OK but I wanted to expand and really push my capabilities. I was very near quitting modding this game for good but something always draws me back.

I have wanted to do a snow based map for years but always struggled with how to achieve this, so for the time being plant textures with remain as they are. I do not have the know-how to make them look snowy. I have tried several approaches but they have failed.

We do however have custom objects (Quixel Megascans) and 4K textures on several objects as well as terrain textures. I can make my own models but they will not be near the quality of Quixel. I have yet to decide what to make.

This is going to be a hardcore map, if the ice patches alone won't infuriate you while you struggle to wrestle your vehicle from the lack of friction, then add in some water for a real hell raising experience.

Just a couple of screenshots at the moment, I have not been working on this long at all.

There is a log pickup point in the first picture, just very hidden.

She aint going nowhere captain!
alt text

Easy does it...
alt text

Just to wet your appetite.

The hill climbs will be treacherous. I am not planning to make this easy at all, so picking the right path and truck will be crucial.

If someone is however willing to do some plant textures please let me know, they will be of great help.

last edited by DigitalX