PTS Update 06/05/2021 (13.12)

@mendel said in PTS Update 06/05/2021 (13.12):

to fill the trailer fairly accurately

ha)
grand theft trailer was prohibited, now we need to stop grand theft fuel

@grimdanfango said in PTS Update 06/05/2021 (13.12):

Fuel in trailers adds 0.85kg of mass per 1L of fuel (because the typical density of petroleum is 881 kg/m³, and I guess they rounded down slightly).

https://www.reddit.com/r/snowrunner/comments/ibvqw8/trailer_and_addon_weight_overview_including_fuel/

well, if this info is correct, i propose to award @grimdanfango with MVFM award! (most valuable forum member)

im realy happy now knowing that fuel has a mass! THANK YOU!!

wacky suspension settings were hiding it from us for a year!
from this table we see that scout fuel trailer cant show it to us (tiny difference), but its a suspension that hides huge difference with fuel tank addon!
thx to @mendel who proved it on flipped chassis!)

last edited by Stazco

@Stazco
On closer inspection, it looks like the fuel mass is defined per-trailer/addon. Looks like perhaps the person making those charts may have been doing their own guesswork.
The values appear to be specified in the <FuelMass> tag.
For the scout-fuel-trailer, fuel-semitrailer and heavy-fuel-semitrailer, it's specified as an exact 1L-1kg ratio, 900, 3700, 5000 respectively.

...but there's a couple of strange anomalies :-

• the standard fuel-trailer has a 2000L capacity, but a 3700kg FuelMass.
  • the standard fuel addon has a 1800L capacity, but is specified with a 12000kg (!!) FuelMass

No wonder the fuel addon makes the suspension droop - that's the same as the oil-rig-salvage semitrailer!

(Edit: Neither the Cat 745c or 770g's unique tanks even have FuelMass tags, so I presume in those two cases, fuel doesn't add anything... and the rest of the DLC fuel addons are all over the place, the couple I've looked at were around 4x more FuelMass than capacity. I guess there's a fair bit of "balancing" going on to give different addons/trailers subjectively different handling feel.)

(Edit2: Just tested it out myself - increased the default fuel addon from 12000 to 120000 kg FuelMass... and hooooboy, fuel definitely has weight - the suspension simply collapses 😛
It also very clearly changes the total mass as you drain the fuel. Once it's empty, it acts like a normal empty trailer, and when refilled, it collapses again.)

last edited by grimdanfango

@grimdanfango Hi, thanks for prove of fuel mass.
1 more question:
" the standard fuel addon has a 1800L capacity, but is specified with a 12000kg (!!) FuelMass"
what about partially filled fuel addon? Is that mean 12000Kg/1800l=6,66kg/l - fuel in this tank is heavier than in trailer tanks?

@Fair201 said in PTS Update 06/05/2021 (13.12):

@Fratzegeballer

I'm on the mission of the first map where you have to bring a 5000L mega trailer. He has about 300L left and he does not complete my mission.

I understand that if you have to have a minimum of 15%, you need about 750L?

I tested it. Must be at least 10%
Heavy semi-trailer accepted with little more than 500l
Fuel trailer with little more than 200l
scout fuel trailer with little more than 90l

@Galgan
Yes, I believe as the tank drains, the FuelMass is reduced linearly to zero, so in that particular addon, fuel does indeed weigh significantly more per individual L than in trailers and other places.

I noticed in the DLC folders, that the recent "long" variant of the fuel addon, with 2800L capacity, has a proportionally increased FuelMass of 18000kg, so I presume this isn't just a typo, and is actually an intended game-balance thing.

Edit: Doing a quick search through the current live-branch (12.2) initial.pak, there's precisely 8 entities which have fuel mass:
(900L - 900kg) - scout_trailer_oiltank
(2,000L - 3,700kg) - trailer_oiltank
(3,700L - 3,700kg) - semitrailer_oiltank
(5,000L - 5,000kg) - semitrailer_heavy_oiltank
(600L - 3,000kg) - frame_addon_tank_small_short
(900L - 4,000kg) - frame_addon_tank_small
(1,800L - 12,000kg) - frame_addon_tank
(2,800L - 18,000kg) - frame_addon_tank_long
...presumably, in every other fuel-containing body, the fuel itself is effectively weightless, including all trucks' own fuel tanks. I did a quick test, and you can add the <FuelMass> tag to trucks as well, to make their own fuel tanks weigh more when full. I temporarily gave it an extreme mass, and refueling the truck had a very obvious effect on the suspension - although it looks like it probably applies it to the center-of-mass of the chassis, not the location of the actual fuel tanks.

last edited by grimdanfango
This post is deleted!