Textures are blurry (13.5) fixed in 13.6

@Fratzegeballer thank you for the report! we will investigate this issue.

jeeez that looks terrible :smiling_face_with_open_mouth_closed_eyes:
this better not come to stable.

last edited by Actionjackson

How do you lose gigabytes of textures and not notice? Even on PTS, that's just sad.

@Unster said in Textures are blurry (13.5):

How do you lose gigabytes of textures and not notice? Even on PTS, that's just sad.

It's probably not a big deal. They will just roll it back to an earlier build and re apply the 13.5 changes.

@secelit3 I'm sure it's fixable. I was pointing to the lack of even minimal quality control.

@secelit3 I'm sure it's fixable. I was pointing to the lack of even minimal quality control.

It is odd that something like this could make it through testing unless the testing protocol is the PTS. In that case, the testing protocol was successful.

@secelit3 Even if the PTS changes don't go through internal QA and go straight to PTS players, there should be at least some testing done by the programmers themselves. Often it seems there's not even that.

This particular issue could also be a build issue, where the full textures weren't tagged for this release. In that case it would be a lack of focus while setting up the build. If this was a one-time thing, I'd be like sure, it happens. But this has been a long-term pattern.

@secelit3 Even if the PTS changes don't go through internal QA and go straight to PTS players, there should be at least some testing done by the programmers themselves. Often it seems there's not even that.

This particular issue could also be a build issue, where the full textures weren't tagged for this release. In that case it would be a lack of focus while setting up the build. If this was a one-time thing, I'd be like sure, it happens. But this has been a long-term pattern.

Well, whatever happened, none of us are familiar with Sabre protocol so we shouldn't speculate. What need at this point, and since, there is a deadline, is to get the issue resolved so we can continue our testing of this release. Right now, the build is in an less enjoyable, unplayable state.

last edited by secelit3

@secelit3 Sure. Well, happy volunteering. I'm done with that, since my inputs are pretty much ignored here.

@secelit3 Sure. Well, happy volunteering. I'm done with that, since my inputs are pretty much ignored here.

I doubt any positive, effective criticism of yours is ignored.

@secelit3 It sure has been ignored. For example, even a small, specific thing directly related to what the devs were working on. The hiding of the crane controls. What a fiasco. And no, I wasn't this negative at the time.

Since we have engaged PTS players like @Amynue or @Nextej we are interested in frequent iterations on test server each time we are doing noticeable changes that we would like to get feedback on

So some obvious issues like low res textures are not blockers from our standpoint because we don't want to loose a day without feedback from latest version of this build

@secelit3 Well, there you go. I hope you enjoy working here for free, testing garbage. Low res textures on PTS are not a big deal.

@esorokin said in Textures are blurry (13.5):

Since we have engaged PTS players like @Amynue or @Nextej we are interested in frequent iterations on test server each time we are doing noticeable changes that we would like to get feedback on

So some obvious issues like low res textures are not blockers from our standpoint because we don't want to loose a day without feedback from latest version of this build

Well... this is disappointing. Wouldn’t it make more sense to have everything working and displaying properly while testing to ensure a robust release. A lot of players won’t test the PTS because the low textures lessen the experience, since a big part of this game IS the visual aspect

last edited by secelit3

smh...so why let us do PTS runs, with that response attitude you might as well do it yourself.

It's not just the textures, it's the very poor quality and attitude. Players are here willing to test for free, but only if the game is an improvement from previous versions, improvement meaning existing functionality rarely breaks, and bugs if any are confined to new features/content. Otherwise, Saber should be paying these poor PTS testers.

Come to think of it, we've all been beta testers with this game since it was released, even if you never played the PTS version. So many things have been broken with updates, as if the PTS didn't even exist.

last edited by Unster

How about testing playability, physics, interactable assets, missions, vehicle behaviour, hud.

It's the PTS, not full release.
Unless we can't see some map missing polygons or surfaces maybe, I don't care if the world looks low res.

Why complain about the texture, it's only cosmetic. If it means that the game would load faster by having it lighter I'm all for it to be in lower texture.

Now that its fixed in 13.6, don't change anything anymore, not worth the hassle.