Logging Frame Add-on

I've been testing out hard mode in the PTS and stumbled across the Logging Frame Add-on for various Heavy and Off-road trucks. Although upon fitting it and getting to a log station, it cannot load either long or medium logs, with the message "trailer does not support this cargo".

Is there some missing functionality to this device, or have I misunderstood its purpose?

The Problem is the cargo file, where short logs are reduced to work with short logging frame only (and not zikz logging frame)... delete that line and it "works": Position of the logs is also wrong though, they appear in the middle of the truck chassis...

@HotTomale said in Logging Frame Add-on:

Although upon fitting it and getting to a log station, it cannot load either long or medium logs, with the message "trailer does not support this cargo".

This add-on is made for short logs only, designed only for log stations and mission in Amur region.

@Nextej said in Logging Frame Add-on:

This add-on is made for short logs only, designed only for log stations and mission in Amur region.

Ah, this is the information I was missing. There isn't anything in the frame description that suggests it's only for small logs, which is what got me.

Am I right in thinking, then, that the only two ways to transport medium logs are trailers and the CAT logging add-on still?

@Nextej Do we get those short logs to other maps like Michigan and Wisconsin? That wouldn't make any sense that those logs could be only used in Amur.

@Jaksu95 Esorokin once said on discord that currently there's no plans to have short logs on previous maps.

Is there a specific frame add-on and trailer for short logs? Just took an Azov Atlantic 42-42 (mod) with log carrier and log trailer all the way out to the log site only to find I'm unable to load short logs. Very frustrating when no specific information is forthcoming with respect to which vehicles and what frame add-ons are required.

While I'm at it, took the 2 cement required to complete the tree blockage at entrance to Chernokamensk. Task completed and reward given but no tree removal.

This post is deleted!

@HotTomale said in Logging Frame Add-on:

Ah, this is the information I was missing. There isn't anything in the frame description that suggests it's only for small logs, which is what got me.

Am I right in thinking, then, that the only two ways to transport medium logs are trailers and the CAT logging add-on still?

Is this true?? so the long awaited frame logs addon will be useless is previous maps?? or even to be able to carry medium logs?? im so disappointed 😞
i would be so easy to implement it for use in previous maps.. what if i dont want to play on the new map.. and focus on logging missions in michigan or wisconsin.. it seems like they're too lazy to even bother to apply new missions on previous maps and solve an phase 3 issue that was transporting medium logs limited to trailers, wtf!! give us a medium logs addon at least :I

last edited by Maiko

@Maiko no one ever said that the upcoming logging add-on will be used for medium logs, it was known it is designed only for short ones; and the fact it wasn't already available in phase 3, hinted towards it would be exclusive for phase 4.

@Maiko no one ever said that the upcoming logging add-on will be used for medium logs, it was known it is designed only for short ones; and the fact it wasn't already available in phase 3, hinted towards it would be exclusive for phase 4.

Ok, but it would be nice to see some use for the short logs addon in previous maps like michigan.. i really love the vanilla maps that came out in the release of snowrunner.
Hope they put some effort in adding some short logs contracts for these maps.