Why did you remove the medium log attachment for trucks?

we can only use the trailer for medium logs now.
I'm just curious why it was removed.

... and the Caterpillar... without a trailer. 😁

Hello, I think they eliminated it from the PTS due to the confusion many players experienced with the add-on thinking that is for medium logs(the addon was intended for short logs) since there aren't short logs on maps.

But I think that eliminate the addon wouldn't be the best idea, especially when the only option is transport the logs on a trailer (or the Cat add-on), i feel its more convenient to have the hability to equip the addon on the trucks, because tow a trailer without any wheight on the truck is more dificult.

Maybe a solution to be able to have the addon in Phase 3 and to avoid player confusions is to get rid of the short logs and transform them into medium logs and have only medium logs and long logs.
That way medium logs can be packed onto the truck addon or in the trailer (Maybe the 3d model of the logs need to be shorten a bit to be able to pack on the truck add-on and on the trailer too) and even think the posibility of made an addon with the crane built-in.

And for the next phase, (phase 4) introduce the short logs (that will be really short) and a new addon for small trucks and maybe a scout trailer too.
Or even best since the region in phase 3 is american, why not make the american trucks the only ones that can equip the addon for medium logs?, and in phase 4 if the region is rusian make a dedicated russian add-on for short logs for the russian trucks only.
That maybe can create a distincion between russian and american maps, making russian map have short and long logs only, and american maps medium and long logs only.
What do you think?

last edited by treneroefc

@treneroefc

i think we should get at least mudrunner system back!
short/medium/long!
and as a next installment bonus (we all paid for sr the $) huge p16/boar long logs pack, and sequoia cargo.

exsoviet short/medium/long logs addons/trailers system was perfect in MR, as close to rl as possible.

yes, medium logs in american wilds fleet was also only on trailers, but to eliminate the wrong weight distribution problem you mentioned (light empty chassis + heavy trailer) we could load SHORT logs on each chassis!
So let it be like this!

last edited by Stazco

@Stazco The problem with bring back the old mudrunner system is that in Snowrunner logging is not like Mudrunner were the only thing you need to do is carry log points to the sawmill until is full and you can choose with what type you will fill it.
In Snowrunner the contracts and in the tasks ask you for "X" amount of "Y" type of logs, for example: if the game ask you for 3 long logs thats means that you need to deliver 3 full loads of long logs(each load are 3 logs if you manual load, and each autoload substract 3 logs to the stock of the site you load from) but you don't have the option of deliver the size you want like in Mudrunner, in Snowrunner they only acept the size they ask for in the contract or the task.
And the other use of the logs is to craft wooden planks in the sawmills, in this case 1 load of medium logs are 2 wooden planks, and 1 load of long logs are 4 wooden planks.

In my opinion bring back the old mudrunner log points system to this game will only increase the amount of confusion of some player (especially newers to the franchise, remember that the truck addon of short logs already confused many players) and having in game some cargo types counting as cargo units and others counting as points will make a mess in the programing, remember the cabin issue in Big Salmon was because at the begging in the PTS the cabins counted as points not as unit (1 cabin 5 points).

So as you can see, I think after seen the new logging mechanic make more sense a diferent aproach, for example US maps and trucks(addons) only having access to medium and long logs, and Rusian maps and trucks(addons) only access to short and long logs, something in that line I think will make more easy for new players, for devs to program the tasks more easy and even allow them to give us more diferenciation between russian and us addons.

last edited by treneroefc

At 12.6 if you deliver to the sawmill:
If you deliver one load of medium logs, you have 3 medium logs in the sawmill saved, this means you can craft 6 wooden planks now.

If you deliver one load of long logs, you get 3 long logs at the sawmill, what means that you can craft 12 wooden planks.

@Fratzegeballer said in Why did you remove the medium log attachment for trucks?:

At 12.6 if you deliver to the sawmill:
If you deliver one load of medium logs, you have 3 medium logs in the sawmill saved, this means you can craft 6 wooden planks now.

If you deliver one load of long logs, you get 3 long logs at the sawmill, what means that you can craft 12 wooden planks.

Oh, I didn't noticed that till you say it, Will it be intentional? or will it be a bug?

I've never played Mudrunner so I hope that's intentional. It makes more sense to me in relation to the amount you deliver than a load of long logs "only" makes 4 planks.
Just checked it again at an empty sawmill: One load of long logs = 12 planks

Logs lang 1.jpg

Logs lang 2.jpg

Logs lang 3.jpg

@Fratzegeballer said in Why did you remove the medium log attachment for trucks?:

One load of long logs = 12 planks

im not sure...only if huge pacific long logs...pile of timber bars/beams (its not planks, its a short beams 20x20 cm) has big size and weight, and it made of the best CENTRAL part of a log.
For me its like we double the amount of timber here...12 planks it is a two loaded semitrailers + one trailer...out of nowhere, from one logs load...fake

last edited by Stazco

@treneroefc

That was my assumption (the addon was for medium logs)
I admit I posted too quick without researching more and seeing as it was the length for medium logs I rolled with that assumption.
I like your idea IF small logs are added to the game.