Greetings, friends and fellow Necromunda: Underhive Wars players -
As always, we hope that this message finds you well.
It is a huge pleasure for us to be back today with the game’s third Major Update, Patch 220.127.116.11, which one again brings a host of improvements and fixes to the game, as well as introducing a brand new faction, the techno-clad fighters of House Van Saar!
As usual, we’ve got lots to cover in today’s post and accompanying patch notes, so grab your favorite beverage, make yourself comfortable, and let’s dive right in!
VAN SAAR DLC: NECROMUNDA’S TECHNOLOGICAL POWERHOUSE JOINS THE BATTLE!
The agents of House Van Saar are the latest to join the fray in the violent depths of the underhive! Flaunting high-tech weaponry and unprecedented discipline, Van Saar fighters are also clad in signature protective suits that increase their regenerative capabilities and allow them to ward off damage, making them a fearsome force on the battlefield.
Acquiring this DLC allows you to take command of the Van Saar gangs, who come packing their unique looks, weapon skins, House perk and numerous combat skills. Lead these advanced fighters in both the Operations and Multiplayer game modes, where you will be able to recruit, grow, manage and customize all aspects of your new forces.
Driven by their House’s wealth and techno-doctrine, Van Saar fighters will strive to dominate the competition through advanced tactics – controlling the ebb and flow of the battle with their ranged firepower and unique ability to deploy devastating plasma turrets.
Players who do not own this DLC will still be able to face off against human or AI-controlled Van Saar opponents, bringing new content to all Necromunda: Underhive Wars community members.
PATCH 18.104.22.168 SUMMARY
Patch 22.214.171.124 follows a formula you should now be familiar with, if you’ve followed our previous October and November Major Updates.
Along with the new Van Saar DLC, the Dev Team has continued to focus on community feedback and reports, as well as internal QA tests, in order to continue iteration on many aspects of the experience.
We’ve continued working on the AI and game pacing by making further improvements to the bots’ overall decision-making processes, as well as reducing the time required for these to be completed. AI fighters will now also make notably better tactical decisions in Retrieval missions, perform better pathfinding calculations, as well as display improved accuracy when throwing grenades and other explosives.
As before, we’ve also put a lot of effort into removing various reported crashes, soft blocks and numerous bugs on all platforms - the complete list of which can be found in the detailed 126.96.36.199 Patch Notes below.
If you’re reading this message, the 188.8.131.52 update should already be LIVE. Release times for the Van Saar DLC contents are shown on the image above.
If your game is set to update automatically, you should now see version 184.108.40.206 in the lower corner of the Main Menu. Previous saves should be 100% compatible.
WHAT’S NEXT FOR NECROMUNDA: UNDERHIVE WARS?
With this third Patch and first DLC now fully deployed, our team has already started working on yet another Major Update, which should arrive in early 2021.
Our plan is to continue making fixes and improvements to the base game, while also bringing even more new contents. As always, community feedback and reports will remain one of the main driving vectors behind future development efforts.
We’ve also been told of mysterious disappearances taking place in the lower levels of Hive Primus - whispers of entire patrols - and even fully armed, veteran gangers - simply vanishing in the darkness of its lawless depths.
While these occurrences are not, per se, unusual, they seem to coincide with the reported discoveries of more and more cryptic scrawlings, and of the growing echoes of strange chants sometimes being heard reverberating through the halls of the underhive’s abandoned manufactorums. Denizens of all Sectors are, however, ordered to pay no heed to these seditious rumours and to maintain all production quotas - failure to comply being, of course, subject to severe punishment.
We’ll be back with more details on future Necromunda: Underhive Wars updates after the holidays. In the meantime, if you encounter any errors with this new game version, please don’t hesitate to report them on our Steam forum or in the technical forums here, where we continue to monitor all community-driven tickets with attention.
As always, we also invite you to consult our detailed Bug Reporting Guide if you would like to know how to join your logs and save files to your reports - these have played a huge part in helping us quickly reproduce, isolate and fix bugs of all kinds since launch.
Once again, we would like to sincerely thank all community members for your time and continued support - we’ve made a lot of progress since the game’s release back in September, and we’ll continue to do so in the coming month. We truly appreciate your patience, participation and most valuable feedback!
We sincerely hope that you’ve enjoyed reading today’s update, and that you’ll love all the improvements this new patch brings to the game - not to mention commanding the high-tech forces of House Van Saar!
Before leaving you with the complete 220.127.116.11 patch notes below, we would finally like to take a moment to wish each and every one of you a wonderful holiday season - we sincerely hope you’ll be able to find a lot of joy, love and comfort - even in these strange times.
With this, we wish you all a great day. Stay safe everyone, and we’ll see you in the underhive!
The Rogue Factor Dev Team
COMPLETE PATCH NOTES (v.18.104.22.168)
QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
- (COMBAT) Added a Free Camera system which allows players to freely rotate the camera around AI/Human fighters they are currently spectating. This setting can be toggled on and off at will during missions.
SAVE FILES / DATA INTEGRITY IMPROVEMENTS
- (SAVES) Fixed a save corruption issue that could cause some loading sequences to become stuck at -65%, requiring a title reboot.
- (SAVES) Fixed various issues that could lead to different levels of save data corruption.
- (AI) Improved the capacity of AI fighters to determine the best hand from which to perform Melee and Ranged skills, depending on the equipped weapons, their state and available AP.
- (AI) Improved the AI's decision-making time.
- (AI) Improved the AI's decision-making processes and tactical considerations in all Retrieval scenarios.
- (AI) Improved the AI's throwing precision when using grenades and other explosives.
- (AI) AI fighters will no longer attempt to use Ranged Offensive skills in Pit Brawl scenarios.
- (AI) AI fighters will no longer attempt to move while Stunned.
AI-RELATED CRASH AND BUG FIXES
- (AI) Fixed a crash that could occur when an AI fighter would be interrupted by an enemy Overwatch.
- (AI) Fixed a crash that could occur when an AI fighter would use the Machine Strike skill in very specific conditions.
- (AI) Fixed a rare crash that could occur during the AI's turn.
- (AI) Fixed a soft lock that could occur when an AI fighter would be incapable of ending its Turn.
- (AI) Fixed a bug allowing AI fighters to use Grenades in the Pit Brawl game mode.
- (AI) Fixed a bug causing AI fighters to immediately end their turn after being targeted by an Ambush, Overwatch of Heavy Barrage attack.
- (AI) Fixed a bug causing incorrect AI Pathfinding on the Gear Factorum map.
- (AI) Fixed a bug causing incorrect AI Pathfinding on the Sludge Sea map.
- (AI) Fixed a bug causing incorrect AI Pathfinding on the Stinger Mould Sprawl map.
- (AI) Fixed a bug preventing AI Fighters from using both hands when performing Offensive Melee skills.
- (AI) Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause AI fighters to wait until the last second of the End Turn Timer before ending their Turn.
- Modified the cost of certain Consumables, such as Slaught and Spur, to remove the ability of exploiting their combined use with other cost-reducing skill effects.
FIXED CRASHES - HIVE
- (HIVE) Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to load a Gang or create a new one.
- (HIVE) Fixed a crash that would occur when selecting the option to abandon a Sector with no Operation currently in progress.
FIXED CRASHES - GAME MODES
- (STORY) Fixed a crash that could occur when a fighter would end its turn under specific conditions in Story Chapter 03.
- (STORY) Fixed a crash that would occur when performing a Save and Quit operation after triggering a specific trap in Story Chapter 03.
FIXED CRASHES - GENERAL
- (COMBAT) Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when a fighter would trigger two or more enemy Stance reactions at the exact same time.
FIXED CRASHES - CONSOLES
- (CONSOLES / HIVE) Fixed a crash that could occur when accessing the Main Menu or creating a new Gang.
- (PS4 / STORY) Fixed a rare crash that could sometimes occur during Chapter 01's intro cinematic.
- (X1 / HIVE) Fixed a crash that could occur when returning to the Main Menu after completing a 2v2 online Skirmish match.
- (X1 / MULTIPLAYER) Fixed a rare crash that would occur to the Host in very specific situations when playing Retrieval multiplayer matches on the Infirmary map.
FIXED BLOCKERS - HIVE
- (HIVE) Fixed a soft lock that could occur during the loading process, after creating a new Gang.
- (HIVE) Fixed a soft lock that could occur in rare situations and prevent players from exiting the Infamy Screen, forcing a title reboot.
FIXED BLOCKERS - GAME MODES
- (OPERATION) Fixed a soft lock that could occur during the loading of a new profile's first Operation mission.
- (OPERATION) Fixed a soft lock that could occur during the loading of an Operation in Deadly difficulty.
FIXED BLOCKERS - GENERAL
- (COMBAT) Fixed a soft lock that could occur when skipping turns in the Pit Brawl and Royal Rumble game modes.
FIXED BLOCKERS - CONSOLES
- (PS4 / AI) Fixed a soft lock that would occur when an AI fighter would attempt to use the Charge skill on an enemy located on a lower level, triggering an infinite walk animation.
FIXED BUGS - HIVE
- (HIVE / UI) Fixed a bug causing fighter Trait names to be replaced by placeholder text after returning to the Customisation Menu after a Mission.
- (HIVE / UI) Fixed a bug causing some Gang Customisation UI elements to disappear after performing a specific sequence.
- (HIVE) Fixed a bug causing an Unreal crash report to be displayed on PC after closing the game with the Alt+F4 command, or using the Save and Quit to Desktop menu button.
- (HIVE) Fixed a bug causing some players to lose their fighters' unspent Max Stat Upgrade points after updating the game from the release build to the October Patch build.
FIXED BUGS - GAME MODES
- (MULTIPLAYER) Fixed a bug causing incorrect information to be displayed in the Mission Report in some situations.
- (MULTIPLAYER) Fixed a bug causing the incorrect team name to be displayed above certain fighters in Matchmaking battles.
- (MULTIPLAYER) Fixed a bug preventing the Host from building (placing) Lay-Mechanic structures in multiplayer matches.
- (OPERATIONS) Fixed a bug causing the incorrect display of a Decisive Victory / Flawless Defense message after Forfeiting an HQ Defense mission.
- (OPERATIONS) Fixed a bug sometimes causing only one available mission to appear, instead of two.
FIXED BUGS - MAP SPECIFIC
- (COMBAT / MAP) Fixed a bug causing fighters to be teleported inside a water container when ending their turn in a specific location on the Water Still map.
- (COMBAT / MAP) Fixed a bug causing fighters to become stuck after jumping on a pallet object from the Deployment area on Cargo Dome Arena map.
- (COMBAT / MAP) Fixed a bug causing fighters to become stuck inside wall geometry after being teleported outside of an End Turn safe zone on the Switchyard map.
- (COMBAT / MAP) Fixed a bug causing fighters to become stuck on a part of the environment on the Vault Fortress map.
- (COMBAT / MAP) Fixed a bug causing fighters to become stuck on a part of the environment or to leave the playable bounds on the Stinger Mould map.
- (COMBAT / MAP) Fixed a bug preventing fighters from jumping off one of the train platforms on the Switchyard Alley map.
- (COMBAT / MAP) Fixed a series of bugs with the incorrect placement of End Turn safe zones associated with certain doors on various maps.
FIXED BUGS - GENERAL
- (COMBAT / UI) Fixed a bug causing the overhead bar to disappear on fighters revived after being put Out of Action.
- (COMBAT / UI) Fixed a bug displaying the Chain Hit skill's buff effects as stacking after multiple uses. These effects do not stack.
- (COMBAT / UI) Fixed a bug displaying the Chain Hit skill's buff effects upon selecting the skill, prior to using it.
- (COMBAT / UI) Fixed a bug displaying the Galvanize skill's buff effects as stacking after multiple uses. These effects do not stack.
- (COMBAT) Fixed a bug allowing Brawler fighters to select the Death From Above skill while no valid targets were present.
- (COMBAT) Fixed a bug allowing players to earn a Decisive Victory on Pit Brawl missions, even if all their fighters had been put Out of Action.
- (COMBAT) Fixed a bug allowing the incorrect placement of Turrets and Health Dispensers under certain elevators.
- (COMBAT) Fixed a bug causing fighters to remain in an Engage state after being separated from their Melee opponent by a moving elevator.
- (COMBAT) Fixed a bug causing Out of Action fighters to lose effects from Talents, Virtues and/or Vices for the rest of the battle after being revived with an Adrenaline Shot.
- (COMBAT) Fixed a bug causing some traps to be triggered as they were being deployed.
- (COMBAT) Fixed a bug preventing fighters from picking-up an Objective Item after it had previously been dropped on the ground.
- (COMBAT) Fixed a bug preventing fighters from using Stance skills until the end of the current battle after loading a previously-saved mission.
- (COMBAT) Fixed a bug preventing the Death From Above skill from dealing damage in some situations.
- (COMBAT) Fixed a bug preventing the Diversion passive skill from triggering properly after performing the Homemade 'Nade skill.
- (COMBAT) Fixed a bug sometimes preventing fighters from correctly extracting from Retrieval: Archeotech missions while carrying a High Value Casket.
- (COMBAT) Fixed a bug where buff effects from the Lucky Shooter talent would remain active after the fighter's first ranged attack.
- (COMBAT) Fixed a bug causing visual LOD artifacts on the VFXs of the Escher Pheromone Canister.
FIXED BUGS - CONSOLES
- (PS4 / AUDIO) Fixed a bug causing audio desynchronisation in the intro cinematic of Story Chapter 02.
- (X1 / HIVE) Fixed a bug preventing the title's Credits to be launched after switching user accounts.
- (X1 / MULTIPLAYER) Fixed a bug preventing players from joining new parties after unplugging and replugging the console's ethernet cable with the game running.
FIXED BUGS - MISC
- (ACHIEVEMENTS) Fixed a bug causing the incorrect progression tracking of Infamy Tasks linked to Story progression.
- (AUDIO) Fixed a bug preventing the Roaring Forge sound effects from dissipating once the object had been destroyed.
- (AUDIO) Fixed various small SFX bugs.
- (CHARACTERS) Fixed a bug causing some armour pieces to have their mesh appear floating in front of the leg on fighters with the Agile trait.
- (CHARACTERS) Fixed a bug causing some characters to adopt a T-pose after picking-up an object under certain conditions.
- (LOCALISATION) Fixed various localisation and translation issues.