SnowRunner Hard Mode

I only hope. It can be transported from the logging yard to the sawmill for a long time. In the transportation from the sawmill to the residential area. So that I have money to refuel repairs. And buy accessories. New driving. Instead of always driving for free to players A few trucks in the game are played until the end of the game. You can have such a task of transporting wood in a few days🤑 🤑 ⛽

Oh! When can I increase the cause of the sound...My headphones have turned on the sound switch and the sound of the computer to the maximum. The sound of the game is still as small as the sound of a mosquito.. And we can have a chance Turn on the turn signal of the vehicle?🚨 💵 💴 💶 💷 🔧 🔨 ⚒

@Jellyfoosh said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

Matchmaking with Hardmode

If the player created a session with Hard Mode, only players with existing Hard Mode save will be able to connect to the host with Hard Mode vice versa.

is this still accurate?

I heard that players can connect to hard mode sessions with their normal mode profiles and vice versa, is that true or false?

I really dont like that the resupply points must be uncovered and can be really far away from the start, also that you cant actually repair at them. Makes to me not really sense but yeah HC balancing.
But what I want to see fixed since the start is the repair form a trailer. Twinsteer has no way to repair it self because I cant connect the trailer to it. So I need every time a second vehicle just for that. Makes absolutely no sense that a truck like the Twinsteer cant connect the trailer in the first place and that you need a connection to repair from that trailer.

last edited by SerpentrasD

I wish a contest icon to disappear after completing it for three times. I'd make it easier to distinguish from not completed contests as they are visible on the map as well

is there a cheap fuel in taymyr?

i checked all (?) and feel lightness in pockets:

Drowned: 2 fuel st. 6$, 1 - 8
Quarry - 6$, Rift 8$, and no stations (?) in Zimnegorsk…

@mendel said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

I heard that players can connect to hard mode sessions with their normal mode profiles and vice versa, is that true or false?

I can connect to a hard mode host with a normal mode profile.

@Stazco
Nope. 6$ is the cheapest in Taymyr.

@Stazco said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

is there a cheap fuel in taymyr?

i checked all (?) and feel lightness in pockets:

Drowned: 2 fuel st. 6$, 1 - 8
Quarry - 6$, Rift 8$, and no stations (?) in Zimnegorsk…

opened second stations in Rift and Quarry, 6$..

so many of them, no use for the fuel management and refueling fleet, why we have these beautiful cisterns?…

in my next playthrough i will definitely restrict it, like only one station…in normal mode i used only garages for refueling

last edited by Stazco

Hello, new player here..well ssort of, I bought Snowrunner with seasons pass when it launched at Epic, didn't play it more than a few hrs until now recently..I'm addicted now, especially with the new Hard mode which is exactly what I was looking for; there is one feature I don't like about it and that is not being able to sell your trailers, my reasoning for this is: 1. The maps are cluttered with trailers I might never want to use. 2. It makes using mod trailers less tempting, not because I can't cheat with slots per trailer ( which is of no interest for me ), but because the maps are again cluttered with trailers.
My suggestion for improvements are:

1. Remove the free trailers around the maps so that you will either have to use a flatbed or buy a trailer, alternatively give us one trailer of each of the most needed ones as paret of a starting fleet which we can again sell for 25% of it's value.
  2. Bank loans would be nice, but still restricted to what we can buy at the levels we are at, of course bank loans should have interests so that it doesn't just become free money; a monthly payment plus interest is my thoughts.
  3. Ongoing contracts: It would be nice to have ongoing contracts on a map so that you just don't finish a map and move to next, then when you're through all of them you just have to start over, ongoing contracts with deliveries for businesses could make you play forever on your favorite maps.

@Olsbyn - I just came here to post exactly what you were proposing, meaning, I strongly believe you have the right idea. I read a lot of different posts on different forum about this Hard mode, and although I fully understand it brings an additional challenge and users can simply chose to do it or not, in my views, it is too simplistic and removes a lot of the tool options available to do a job because you simply cannot afford to get them, almost never, thus limiting the game play.
I believe a career mode with difficulty options would be better then just this hard mode.
I would greatly prefer to have all the free stuff removed from the map, trailers and loads, and have to buy what I need and want to complete tasks, but at the same time get resell options for the stuff I bought, just like trucks.
For now, just to make it close to this, I do not use any of the free stuff on the map and force myself to buy what I need, and when the time comes where I need to resell a used trailer, I then edit my saved file and add money at 50% of the value for that trailer. I know it is somewhat painful to have to do this, but I love the money management aspect as if it was a career mode, which you do not get at all if you play the standard mode.
Otherwise, I plain love this game.

My biggest complaint with respect to 'hard mode' are game mechanics. There is currently no real balance regarding "pricetag" and "capability". So, if you have not played the game a while, how do you know which pricetag is OK and which is a joke? See the horribly expensive and incapable SD114 as a good example. Or some DLC trucks you need to buy in hard mode which are not worth a single coin. See the BOAR as a nice example.

Second issue is that any truck having AUTO AWD and DIFF is not only mitigating difflock damage, but also consuming less fuel per mile than the same truck with everything in manual. AS awd enables a fuel penalty the AUTO AWD do not have. Which is not exactly a rewarding playstyle. The opposite way would make sense - any AUTO-AWD and DIFFLOCK has the AWD/DIFF penalty anytime, but with access to a switchable you can switch that penalty off as long as you do not need the traction. But: Requires IMHO rebalancing of fuel capacities.

@aderoo27 said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

I do not use any of the free stuff on the map and force myself to buy what I need

so you dont sell free vehicles?
found on map or received via simple and easy tasks

i don’t believe)

last edited by Stazco