SnowRunner Hard Mode

@grimdanfango said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

@THE_MASK
I still think my earlier suggestion could be a good middle-ground for avoidance of spiderman-winching.
As others have previously suggested, only allow the winch to extend from the center of the front bumper (where it's actually mounted).
Require that the engine be turned off to attach to a winch point, then be turned back on again to run the winch. I think that would retain the utility of winches while reducing the ability to endless exploit them as a basic traversal mechanic.

Good idea .

Actually, thinking more about that... it does throw one obvious spanner in the works. If you could only winch from the front, you wouldn't be able to tow other vehicles behind you.

I guess the ideal solution for that would be to have a rear connection point as well, but one that acts as a fixed-tow-rope and not as a powered winch, so you can't actually use it to winch yourself out of mud.

(...or, have winch connections persist when changing trucks, connect the rear truck's winch cable to the back of the front truck, then switch back to the front truck.)

last edited by grimdanfango

You can have rear winches on real vehicles .

@THE_MASK
Sure, but it's usually front or back, not both, and most seem to have them installed at the front by default if they come with one at all.

Perhaps it should be up to us to choose which end to install it...

@THE_MASK
Sure, but it's usually front or back, not both, and most seem to have them installed at the front by default if they come with one at all.

Perhaps it should be up to us to choose which end to install it...

Rear pto but anyway the winch speed should be a lot slower .

I guess the ideal solution for that would be to have a rear connection point as well, but one that acts as a fixed-tow-rope and not as a powered winch, so you can't actually use it to winch yourself out of mud.

Giving it some more thought... the most straightforward to implement solution I can think of is:

• Have one "active" winch point at the front (change its colour to something other than the default white to show the difference).
  • Then just keep all the rest of the default winch points, but if you use them, simply have the game disable the "F to pull" key. It's then just a fixed length of rope for towing purposes.

Job done.

@grimdanfango

good and simple solution, i agree!

but more complex and realistic scheme is:

1. vehicles ever had pto winch irl - have it, and it properly displayed, like it were in mudrunner (kamaz pto winch in rear, and its cable going to the front, excactly like irl, see pic below, i love mudrunner!!! other vehicles were made with the same level of rl details, although winch acted like in snowrunner, all around spiderman)
    ural for example has rear pto winch with rear OR front (via simple tuning) access, but you can order the vehicle with default pto (strong) winch with rear access AND electrical (weak, but autonomous ) in front.
    for sure both these winches will not help with trailers, and only little help when chassis is heavy loaded (so it will be broken if limits are exceeded)
    Strong military trucks with behind the cab pto winch for pulling tanks - good, we have a rear winch!)
    But please remove the tiny front electric winch from maz 537, no electric automobile winch can handle 20t chassis!

2. hydraulic front winches - only if its possible to install irl, and properly displayed (like in simca (french unimog) mod)

3. electic winches - its possible to install even on grain truck like fleetstar, never ever installed irl.
    so ive changed my mind, and accepted this weak winch in front.
    But again - it cant help if chassis is loaded with metal beams, or have a trailer.
    On scouts we can install both front and rear electric winches, dont forget to display it (h2 already had both front and rear winch bumpers)

So summary:

• strong pto (and hydraulic) winches only on several vehicles, front OR rear
  • electric front winches on almost all vehicles, and rear on scouts. Its autonomous, but cant help to winch a heavy loaded truck.
  • all winches properly displayed, ALL, pto as pto, electric like electric, hydraulic like hydraulic
  • ZERO WINCHES on vehicles sides, existing point are passive, only to towing
  • ZERO winches on trailers and semis (except special winch on ramped semitralers, located in front/center, only to help to load dead vehicles on it)
    All exciting points are passive, except fuel trailers side ones, they are removed completely (not to crack cicterns and burn the forests to gameover)

alt text

last edited by Stazco

My suggestions to HC mode:

One Gas station per region. No fuel cost.
One service point per region. No repair cost. Repair takes time. 100% damaged parts can be repaired in the field only to 50% full repair can be done in garage only.
No fee for recovery. Recovery takes time and make truck unavailable for 12 hours. Two truck recovery available per day available.
Repair in garage takes time. 1-3 hours to fully repair truck base on the truck price/weight/size - whatever.

The above changes keep game in HC mode but take out fuel and repair cost and let player to spend monay ony for addons and trucks.

Region transfer.
In this state player has limited ability to tranfer fleet to other region if get bored one region punished by transfer fee. If there would be ability to transfer 2 trucks per day to other region without cost lock truck for transition period for 12h will be awesome.

What do you think? Hope you conceder implemneting this to HC mode.

@VideSupra
no, waiting is boring, especially if you dont have other vehicles to drive

its a career mode, rpg mode, earning and spending is the key attraction factor

i must wash dishes, laundry, have sex with the wife, so to free time for it i need to plan vehicles maintenance!))

@VideSupra omg, no. You are hacking a huge chunk of economy out, something that was expected even in base game. Plus you suggest adding the most despicable thing in video games industry - forced waiting. My only experience with that is shitty cellphone games when waiting is a way to force you to pay for micro transactions. Every element of HC should elevate the satisfaction- if you punish careless actions and make players think and be careful, great. But waiting is hyper annoying. Imagine sitting to your game after work just to learn that 5 minutes in you have to wait for something. What ya gonna do? You can’t turn the console off and call it a day. You need to keep the game running and watch an episode on Netflix?;)

I really don't think the in game economy can support the amount of money you'll spend when you consider how much money you get from tasks and contracts especially early on. I think this hard mode is making it more like Dark Souls where if you make any mistake you're punished very harshly for it and with how buggy the game still is it's gonna be more tedious than difficult.

I think hard mode could be made great if Saber actually listened to the community about changes but they've only brought out 5 QoL changes since launch (being able to turn off beacons, fixing the hitbox on the Azov 7, ghosting trucks and trailers on map switch/garage exit, deleting trailers, and having the beacons off by default) which two of them are about the same thing! There are major QoL improvements they could add like making the functions menu a radial menu like in BeamNG, would make doing stuff in there much quicker, have proper hitch winch points on trucks like the center line on trucks and not have them everywhere, etc.

SIGH

I'm going off on a tangent, my point is this hard mode is ill conceived but they won't change anything even though people are bringing up good points about it because they've shown they don't listen very much, if they do change anything it won't be till a month or two later when they do a "mid-phase patch."

What about increase quest reward?
I believe that increasing difficulty should increase the reward you receive. What's the point of completing a quest if the reward received does not pay off the fuel spent on completing the quest?

It would be great if the cost of moving to another region directly depends on the degree of passing the current one. For example, if you finished Michigan by 15%, then the cost, for example, is 30,000. When 50% - move 15000. When 100% is 5000, but scouts move for free at 100% of the passage of the region. The logical question is why? And so that it is not necessary to move more powerful cars from other regions for passing or selling. How do you like this offer?

last edited by bazileka

My Personal opinion on hard mode is that i love it!!!!! Having to think your way around to avoid large cost is really fun. All trucks are super valuable because of the small sell on fee. Fuel trailers you find full are gold and can save you $$$$$$, If you think about it a 3000 fuel trailer at $6 a litre is $18,000 I get not all fuel is that much but still.

Every move you make is important!!!

Suggestions - Move purchased trailers around regions at a cost like trucks, If they are fuel trailers they would lose all fuel. Maybe also sell trailers but say at 1/3 of the purchase price.

I am having some trouble trying to refill my repair addons on HM, initially I though we can purchase back repair points at service stations (as we now purchase fuel at fuel stations), but I was not able to do this after depleting my roof rack. Went to the garage and tried unistall/reinstall the addon but this does not work also.
Not sure if this is a bug or I am just doing this the wrong way. Anyone already figured out how refill repair points on HM?

@AndreF94
Refill only works at the new refill points at several maps (e.g. one at the Smithville Dam, behind the trailer store at the warehouse).
At the garage you can only uninstall you addon.

@Badcompany999 said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

would lose all fuel

Why? This is just silly.

Now what we need is the ability to move between worlds, harvest resources and use them for game propagation.

Map markers should not be available in hard mode .

I propose in HM to make it impossible to tow inappropriate trailers, with a winch. So that trailers are only coupled to suitable trucks
This will add realism and a touch of hardcore 😉

@gbeeTen You have to start a new game. You can't toggle HC mode on/off. You must start a new game dedicated to HC mode.