SnowRunner Hard Mode

No fast travel!!!?
I saw in one recent stream that we cant jump via map from vehicle to vehicle, only to scouts, but no way back to trucks, its becomes hidden completely!!
Now we are cooking!!
Mudrunner Printed maps style is back!

I hope its not a bug, i played “no fast travel” mode in mudrunner, now i play sr in “only two drivers” mode, where i fast travel only between these two.

@Stazco
Doesn't seem likely. It'd be one hell of a challenge, but I did that achievement back in Mudrunner too, and it was massively difficult even for the short couple of log-hauls you had to do in those maps. It'd make Snowrunner nigh-impossible I'd imagine. You'd practically have to carry around a spare scout on a trailer everywhere you went for the entire game.

It'd be quite something as an optional extra challenge, but I think it'd make hard mode almost unplayable for most people.

@Stazco can you explain what that kind of restriction implies in the gameplay? I believe all imposed restrictions should force players into behaviour that is beneficial for fun factor.
I think that is Snowrunner we develop into a trucking company. Many drivers allows strategies. I can’t see how restricting switching between trucks can lead to anything beneficial. No recoveries lead too often to tedious chores when I have to drive empty, fully fuelled truck on undemanding, long routes just to install an add on. Can’t imagine how excessive and boring must be driving to any truck I want to switch. This game is long, man. Many maps, many missions. We don’t need to artificially make it even longer.

Thanks a lot for HM. Finally the game becomes really interesting to play.

I noticed some bug with prices[please check the video below]
Youtube Video

I would like to suggest just a few things for HM [maybe you have it but I didn't`t notice yet]:

1. Some possibility to make money repeatedly. For example delivering logs to Lumber mill for some price.
    The same for some other kinds of cargo. It could help to make some money if you almost kaput in HM. Or give some fun and chance to play longer without needs to start new game.

2. Wheels. It could be great if we have some time more damage to wheels. Or make wheels as a consumables. When randomly some wheels get damage all the time after some amount of kilometres and you have to change them. But in the same time it should be fun and give possibility to use spare wheels. It is not an idea to make the game super difficult and boring.

One more time thanks for HM

Awesome changes.
But there are a few things that I would prefer to play without (for example, I like the limitations on refueling, but not the cost, or the limit on challenge runs).

Would it be possible to add a "custom" mode where we can choose what settings to use (between normal and hard) on that save?

** I would like to unlock maps without having to go to the towers,
** unlock upgrades and accessories but leave the purchase at the workshop.
** location of the workshop next to the gas stations and also outside the courtyard garage
** in the garage, place a fueling area, but refueling it at the gas station. by means of the truck.
** have an accessory called "cambão" that can turn 2 trucks into one, to have more strength to pull some heavy implement .who can still use the winch last to pull other equipment etc
thanks

last edited by serginho9195

And one more thing.

You have very old minor bug and imbalance with repair parts and spare wheels for scouts:
[R] - repair parts
[W] - Wheels
[F] - Fuel looks ok for all modules.
Chevrolet CK1500:
Trunk Repair Supplies: R50 / W1 - everything is ok.
Roof Rack - R150/W4/F80. Good balance is R75/W1/F80 (because you see what you have on the car).
Small Roof Rack - W4/F40. Looks like W1/F40

Scout 800
Roof Pack - R300/W4/F140. Good balance is R75/W1/F140

The same issue for all scouts. Because of this imbalance some type of service cars looks wrong.
For example what is the reason for International Loadstar 1700 with Service Cab and only R400 If you have light Scout 800 with R300/W4/F140. What is super fun in this case:
Heavy Maintenance Frame Addon R300/W5/F1400 [ Scout 800 + Scout Fuel Carrier is better ]

I hope you get what I want to say. I think for HM it would have some reason to fix.

p.s. At the same time it would be good if we could transfer repair parts from Service Cabs to our scouts.

@serginho9195 Yea I would love to be able to say buy the map unlocked form a farm or one of the towers or something so you just have to get to one place and then say you have to pay $5000 or $10000 to unlock the map

@Stazco said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

No fast travel!!!?
I saw in one recent stream that we cant jump via map from vehicle to vehicle, only to scouts, but no way back to trucks, its becomes hidden completely!!
Now we are cooking!!
Mudrunner Printed maps style is back!

I hope its not a bug, i played “no fast travel” mode in mudrunner, now i play sr in “only two drivers” mode, where i fast travel only between these two.

I don't know which Stream you watched, but on the current Public Test Server version map travel is still enabled for the campaign.
There are some Trials (available separately from the main menu) where the map is not available, and most contests do not allow truck change.

I've mentioned this before, but I'll do it again.

Please give us an option to delete all trailers along with their cargos (except mission trailers) on all maps when starting a new game in Hard Mode. The way the game is right now, there's no reason to buy a trailer, or fuel / repair points until all fuel is used up from trailers scattered on all the maps. There's definitely no reason to buy a cargo trailer as there's plenty of different types of trailers available in each region.
This could be done via a ✔ box when starting a new game. The same check box should prevent player from siphoning fuel from mission trailer.
For example, there's a fuel trailer for s task parked right outside of Drowned lands garage at Taymyr. The actual fuel station is on the other side of the map, and provides quite a challenge and requires planning to keep your vehicles fueled. However you couod could simply siphon the fuel from that mission trailer, then reset the task to refuel that trailer and do it over and over, completely ignoring the intended map design and overall Hard Mode balance.
Of course you could play like me and never use fuel from mission trailers and manually delete every trailer you come across, but this requires a proper truck, and sometimes a saddle to attach the trailer first, then remove its cargo, then delete the trailer. Otherwise the cargo is left sitting on the ground.
Thank you!

@Tiverton said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

reset the task to refuel that trailer

Thats since a couple of updates no longer possible. If you reset a task with such a fuel-trailer, it won't be refulled anymore in HM.

Youtube Video

last edited by Fratzegeballer

@Tiverton
You don't need anything special for trailers.

1. Delete trailer
  2. Remove cargo
    You can do it by any scout

@Fratzegeballer said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

Thats since a couple of updates no longer possible. If you reset a task with such a fuel-trailer, it won't be refulled anymore in HM.

Ah, nice. I assume it's still possible to complete "deliver the fuel trailer" tasks without the trailer being full? So presumably still a not-insignificant source of free fuel if you siphon it all off first...
...but at least that closes a glaring repeatable exploit.

(As well as needing to deliver trailers full, it'd also be nice if "repair and deliver this car" missions didn't allow you to subsequently trash said car after repairing it, and still turn in the delivery.)

last edited by grimdanfango

@ua_svs
Makes sense. That's one way to unpack the cargo so it could be removed.
Thanks for the tip.

Has someone played far enough in HM to assess the balance? Can I confidently go through it with self imposed restrictions of not using the fuel in the trailers and not using the trailers itself and still have satisfying progression?

@gnato666
I used only Service Trailer for repairing Fleetstar F2070A. But I could pay 2500 for repairing in the Garage.
If you play carefully everything will be good. Don't use your car as a Spiderman and don't go where you afraid to go. Each place has road good enough to ride but a little bit longer.
You can use www.maprunner.info for planing and checking of some areas.

I deleted all trailers and didn't use anything from them. I had some difficult situations when some car need evacuation and I didn't want to use 'recover'. A specially when Fleetstar needs evacuation 😨 If you lose Fleetstar and don't have P16 yet... you are very close to restart your game.

The most important:

1. Think twice when you sell or when to buy something. Use mod browser maps for testing.
  2. If you want to go somewhere you should think how you can evacuate your car from there 🙂
  3. Play easy till you get level 8 and can use off-road tyres for Fleetstar
  4. Get Pacific P16 soon as possible.
  5. Don't use powerful engine if you don't need it. [gearbox as well].
  6. Check price and try to pay only 2$. The Fuel price of 900L can be 1800$ or 4500$
last edited by ua_svs

@gnato666
So you will not achieve "satisfactory progress" quickly under these conditions. If you want to repair the Fleetstar next to the garage, you can actually use the service trailer ... but you don't want to. So you either need 6,400 units (of your 8,800) or you have to make a lot of trips to Smithville to get repair points. Then he doesn't have a flatbed (4,500 - 4,900 units) ... but maybe the GMC can remount it ... if you want to do that.
With the GMC you have a truck that (I think) still needs the crane (4,500 units of your 8,800). If you then buy a trailer, you are almost at 0 units.
It will be very difficult at the beginning. Every purchase of tires, whether for a scout or a truck, has to be carefully considered at the beginning ... you may wait until the next but one level to get the better tires!
With level 10 and using the tank trailer, I had just enough units together to afford the YAR with roof rack as a starting vehicle in Taymir to repair the Tayga. After that I was back to less than 10,000 units. The YAR was my first vehicle I bought. Otherwise everything went for fuel, winches, tires, add-ons etc. for the GMC, Fleetstar, Chevrolet (s), Scout 800 & WWS.
In Taymir, filling up the Tayga costs between 2,000 and 2,600 units, depending on where you fill up.
You will not get around to repairing the Tayga and the Royal BM17, because you have nothing else in the beginning and you cannot afford a new truck.
I don't want to say that this is not possible, but if you have already played in normal mode, first go over it in your head to see how you are doing something.
You will have progress on the maps, but not much on your unit account.

For example, I first drove to "Drummond Island" with the CK1500 for the upgrades and then did everything with the upgraded WWS and lower saddle plate. Because in "Drummond Island" everything you need is on the map (including material to open the sawmill).

You will need around 15,000 liters of fuel for Yukon. That alone costs you 120,000 units. That's probably what you earn on the first map there. However, you also have to import vehicles to Yukon first, as there are no vehicles here that you can repair / find with your Scout (also import = 2x3,500 units). I did that with the ZiKZ 605R, which is a Russia truck and not an American one.

These were a few examples that might help you in your future planning.

@ua_svs said in SnowRunner Hard Mode:

Don't use powerful engine if you don't need it. [gearbox as well].

This is very important.

last edited by Fratzegeballer

I don't understand one. Why can't a trailer be sold for half price?

That would give an extra time to have fun selling trailers and semi trailers after the end of the region.

Instead, the tanker and service trailer should be empty after purchase...

Trailers from tasks should be secured against service/fuel reset.

Make it possible to share repair parts/spare tires between trailers and addons same as fuel.

last edited by Don_Mag

@Don_Mag
Because only start map[BlackRiver] has:

1. 4 cars for 102800$
  2. 9 trailers for 40600$

Each new map has more and more. And it is a big difference between cars and trailers.
You don't need trailers and you can sell them or delete without any issues.
(Take it if you need. You come to help the region and not for stealing trailers🙃 )

About cars it is a little bit complicated. If you sell some car it will be difficult to buy it again and some time you need some spare car for some difficult situations.

last edited by ua_svs