KRS 58 "Bandit" (Feedback and Issues 10.4)

Hello, I was trying this new vehicle and is an interesting vehicle with a lot of potential, I know that is in his early stages but right now with not add-ons, not trailers a small fuel tank is dificult to find work for him, there are plenty of trucks that can carry two slots+cranes and with more autonomy.

0n my trials it only last about 10 minutes before the tank empty and yes it is a 8x8 and is dificult to get stuck but his habilities still very limited for the price of the truck, chepear trucks can do the same and better.

It would be interesting if it has more add-ons that can help to speciallice this vehicle in something for example rescue and recovery.
You don't need to model new add-ons(like you can see in some mods), for example you can do a maintenance addon by adding gas barrels, parts boxes and wheels to the current bed model, and with the crane will be the only vehicle capable of maintenance addon+crane.

Maybe you can do diferent combinations like on bed full with lots parts, gas, and wheels and called big maintenance addon, and other bed with less parts, gas, and wheels that only occupy on slot allowing us to still load one slot, something like this is what i'm talking about :

alt text

And for the tank or the gas consuption I think it need more gas or less consuption to allow us to run atleast 20min non stop, Trucks can run for longer but for the type of truck that will be i think 20min is well balanced.

And last about the trailers actually we have a scout that can carry truck trailes so my suggestion is allow scout trailers for this truck, (and for the tuz 166, and 108 too😂 ) or not trailers but if you go that way make it atleast the best on something like the superecovery truck or something like that.

Keep improving the game, Greetings

last edited by treneroefc

Its also missing a skin. Totally white model at present. Not sure of thats intentional or not.

@Rumblestrip said in KRS 58 "Bandit" (Feedback 10.0):

Its also missing a skin. Totally white model at present. Not sure of thats intentional or not.

@Rumblestrip i think the model is in the early stage of development so it don't have skin yet or the complete features of the final product.

I have the same partially completed vehicle as well

@barefootbob said in KRS 58 "Bandit" (Feedback 10.0):

I have the same partially completed vehicle as well

@barefootbob This is a test server so I think the vehicle is still in development and they uploaded the 3d model without textures to start testing the features and recive some feedback from us, to finetune it and balance as well.
So we will see the development of a vehicle almost live and i hope that our feedback helps to improve the vehicle and his balance.

i took this thing out for a spin it handles mud well . but the fuel issue is bad.
needs another 15 kph in offroad mode, to slow
should be snappier getting up to speed
stable long distance type scout is the feeling i get with it
needs a lot more torque to be a good recovery vehicle
needs a LOT more fuel
should have scout trailer ability
repair/recovery , tool /parts ability
maybe a 1 spot load ability
Has potential but needs a direction or " job" to do
but possibly its stability should be capitalised for an Imandra style map ( long distance)
Has no real practical use close to garage ect.

Update ; i ran it to cap a tower on second yukon Map . on the road , down hill, the thing went pretty quick. Maybe the trany is in need of some tweaking? and more power to get to a similar speed on level ground.
crane worked great. (loaded scout tank in bed)
I also recovered went back out to "sunk Titan" , I put a scout fuel tank in back . I had to fill up 3 times to get there. i did have to go long way round, because there is no snorkel.just under 1m of water and she drowns.

again with some tweeks . a cool scenario for it's use .
would be a scout vehicle recovery.
like Imandra way out in a narrow hard to reach place. where it has to climb into a narrow difficult area. load broken scout in bed.
with the new " lock down vehicle " trailer ability in the bed of truck, load the scout and hump it back out to a recovery point. or open spot to be repaired and recovered.
or cargo,
like cargo that fell out of a crashed plane. or an fcc small plane crash recovery, someplace a bigger truck cannot go. downed plane wreckage could be scattered and give the truck a few missions in different areas, even rescue the scout vehicle that rolled over responding to the crash.
There, i gave it a purpose and a new map mission / missions.

if ,
crane has enough power to lift small scouts and lock in bed ability
long winch line on crane , and truck. for say, cargo deep in a canyon
BIG fuel tank
autonomous scout winch to help itself if it gets into trouble.
more power not necessarily speed.

last edited by barefootbob

I think i found a possible future issue with the autoloading of some types of cargo, containers and cabin 3d models will collide with the crane.

banditcargoproblem.jpg

As you can see cunrently the crane arm goes through the 3d model of the containers and cabins if the cargo is packed nothing happen.
But if you unpack the cargo the crane arm collide with the 3d model of the cargo and moves up you can still move the crane freely but you will be unable to restore crane.
I don't know if when the vehicle will be finished this will be a worse problem, but I think the game should show us an alert mensage telling us to move the crane arm to the front before loading this cargos or making this cargos only loadable by crane to ensure players keep the crane in a good position.

Keep it improving the game, Greetings

Hi All, this is a placeholder model that we use to test basic mechanics, please wait for a proper one, should be available this week

Hello after playing a bit with the truck in his current state (10.3) here some of my opinions and feedback.

Compared with real one (The real)

alt text

krs 68 bandit wheels.jpg

• The increase capacity of the fuel tank is great but still a bit shorter for the most powerfull engine, I think 200l like Azov 5319 or Ank Mk38 would be better and still well balanced.

• I feel that the tyre selection choice don't match too well with the intended uses of the truck and the rims selection for that tyres make the truck look unrealistic.
    I think for this truck it would be nice and more realistic have the same tyre selection than the Dan 96320 or Azov 5319, i supose that Tayga tyres can replace the Dan mudtyres or be added to the selection to have two different mudtyres to chose.
    By the way the roof rack spare wheel don't match the current wheel selection of the truck.

• I still can't found a niche for that truck, The Bandit overpriced compared to the Azov 5319 and Azov 64131and in my opinion both trucks are better than the Bandit, more fuel, power, and versatile.
    In my opinion this truck need to stand out in something to justify is price, and after see the pictures of the real one maybe one way to made it stand out is making it the only truck capable of maintenance add-on and crane (or van addon and crane)
    If you can see in the picture of the real one it has a sideboard add-one equiped but on the sideboard it carry one spare wheel, so maybe you can use the model of the current sideboard and put parts and fuel canisters on it (like the roof racks, but with a greater number of parts or fuel) so that mather it act like a maintenance add on.
    It would be posible to have diferent combinations of parts and fuel to make two diferent maintenance sideboard one for example complety full of parts and some canisters (Big maintenance sideboard) and other where the parts and fuel only take one slot making you able to still carry one slot(Small maintenance sideboard), and making the bandit the only truck capable of equip such type add-ons justify in my opinion his price or drawbacks like his autonomy or can't equip trailer and crane.

Keep it improving the game, Greetings.

2 unit bed looks so ugly and too long on it.
I would prefer them make a custom 1,5 unit sideboard, and have some repair parts and fuel in it. So only 1 unit is constantly available for load.
Or add small repair-refuel service module from F750 and 1 unit sideboard from Tuz 16/108.
This will solve the main problem - tall 2 unit cargo (containers) collision with the crane. As all 1 unit cargo are relatively small. This will also solve the problem with the fuel, as the lighter the truck, the less fuel it consume.
But again, I am sure, nobody will listen common sense.

last edited by Tigron

@Tigron said in KRS 58 "Bandit" (Feedback and Issues 10.3):

I would prefer them make a custom 1,5 unit sideboard, and have some repair parts and fuel in it. So only 1 unit is constantly available for load.
Or add small repair-refuel service module from F750 and 1 unit sideboard from Tuz 16/108.
This will solve the main problem - tall 2 unit cargo (containers) collision with the crane. As all 1 unit cargo are relatively small. This will also solve the problem with the fuel, as the lighter the truck, the less fuel it consume.
But again, I am sure, nobody will listen common sense.

@Tigron I like your idea of 1.5 slot bed with 1 slot available and the rest full with parts or a module like the mall repair-refuel service module from F750 and 1 unit sideboard.

But in that case make the truck able to Crane+1,5slots bed + trailer

This truck need to stand out on something or had some unique feature to justify is price. (The azovs can do the same job and with more autonomy for less money)

Is there any reason why it can't mount Maintenance Frame Addon? I checked and it fits fine:
SnowRunner Screenshot 2020.10.19 - 18.59.08.43_cr.jpg
SnowRunner Screenshot 2020.10.19 - 18.58.56.35_cr.jpg
SnowRunner Screenshot 2020.10.19 - 18.58.38.05_cr.jpg

Please add it.

I would prefer them make a custom 1,5 unit sideboard

2 slot bed fits fine on it, way better than on some other 8 wheeler...
SnowRunner Screenshot 2020.10.19 - 18.22.57.17_cr.jpg

1 slot bed would look stupid. Even 1,5 slot would be too short to cover the frame, especially without the crane
SnowRunner Screenshot 2020.10.19 - 19.37.43.60_cr.jpg
SnowRunner Screenshot 2020.10.19 - 19.36.16.53_cr.jpg

@Amynue Thank you for modded pictures. Now it looks much better. Also thumb up for modding the maintenance module. It really looks so well and realistic in this truck.

But still there are a lot of missed opportunities in the game that I wrote about.

• Like they could have bulk cargo (like rocks, sand, etc.) We have 3 dedicated dump trucks (Cat 770G, Cat 745C, Pacific P12) that don't have tipper body yet. We could also have front loader module for Caterpillar TH357, and for example bigger CAT 972M, that will be great help both for cleaning roads from extra stones, and recovering tipped heavy trucks, as well as logs loading in phase 3. And it is not very hard, using slightly modified fuel mechanics.
  • We could also have passenger mission, to move a number of people from one point to another. So the trucks with extra seating places in the cabin (KRS 58, Yar 87, even Kolobs) will finally become useful. Instead of just moving some vagons.
    alt text
last edited by Tigron

@Amynue said in KRS 58 "Bandit" (Feedback and Issues 10.3):

Is there any reason why it can't mount Maintenance Frame Addon? I checked and it fits fine:
SnowRunner Screenshot 2020.10.19 - 18.59.08.43_cr.jpg
SnowRunner Screenshot 2020.10.19 - 18.58.56.35_cr.jpg
SnowRunner Screenshot 2020.10.19 - 18.58.38.05_cr.jpg

Please add it.

That looks awesome btw.. somehow the paintscheme is kinda similiar too..

That should be added for real.

@Amynue said in KRS 58 "Bandit" (Feedback and Issues 10.3):

1 slot bed would look stupid. Even 1,5 slot would be too short to cover the frame, especially without the crane

In my opinion the point is make some custom sideboard only for this truck that with the crane atached will cover the entire frame of the truck allowing to still atach trailers and you can carry one slot and the rest of the space of the sideboard was loaded with spare parts, wheels and fuel canisters, to make this truck different from the current Azov 8x8 trucks, because this truck is more expensive than both Azov (at least 20000 more than the most expensive 8x8 Azov) and its a way to justify the price of the truck the azovs can do the same or more for less money what is the point of this truck esthetic only?, they can say that this already has something that the azovs lak, the roof rack but i think that the roof rack only cover the drawbacks of the Bandit, both azovs have spare wheels in the bandit you need the roof rack to carry the spare wheel, both Azov has bigger fuel tanks, the canisters in the roof are for match the autonomy of the Azov, and the spare parts are few and you can only repair some scouts complety.
Is for that i say that this truck need to do something different to justify his price.

otherwise the truck is different aesthetically to the other trucks and look really cool, different from the typical truck.

and that about 5 unit bed?))

@Stazco said in KRS 58 "Bandit" (Feedback and Issues 10.3):

and that about 5 unit bed?))

First, it is 4 unit max. I hope they will fix it, if they don't forget. But it would be nice to have at least 3 unit bed on Azov 7 and P12.

Great surprise with the changes made to the Bandit, with the addition of the maintenance add-on they also made the truck capable of crane+bed+trailer which is great but the more surprising thing is that now the truck is the only truck in game capable(I think) of Van body+crane+trailer which make the truck extreamly good for rescue misions.

Krs68bandit_changes.jpg

Now the truck is more unique, the only idea I can come up to improve it even more is to have two diferent roof racks, one the current one with spares, fuel and wheels for when you want to carry loads on the bed, and another new roof rack one only with fuel canisters for the rescue misions when you put on the van body addon to make the truck a big maintenance truck.

Great work keep it improving the game, Greetings

It also *cannot tow a sideboard 2 unit trailer as the rear end of the long bed protrudes too far out, causing the trailer end face to hit the rear of the main trucks bed. this in turn stops the truck turning properly.

SnowRunner __  KSIVA_ p_bf544 23_10_2020 16_47_44 (2).png

last edited by STUMPUS