OCTOBER MAJOR UPDATE AND 1.1 PATCH NOTES

PS4 update is 3.8 GB, had 29 GB free and it complained I needed another 600 MB to download. Must be some minimum free space requirement to do install? Downloading now, looking forward to the improvements.

@Netheos said in OCTOBER MAJOR UPDATE AND 1.1 PATCH NOTES:

The update, now live PC and PS4, and coming soon to Xbox One, should have fixed a lot of issues reported by the community, and we sincerely hope it lets many of you enjoy the game.

We understand that some of you are unhappy with the situation and the time it took to release the patch, but it's here for most of you now. I'd like to remind everyone here that you have to stay respectful in this forum.

We're sorry for your frustration but this is never a reason to insult other players or community staff. Our forum rules are here if anyone needs a reminder.

why are you complaining?
forum rules are one thing, Consumer guarantees are above that.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/dealing-with-customers/consumer-contracts-guarantees/consumer-guarantees/index_fr.htm

what about the time lost?
will there be a compensation?
will there be an explanation why you did release such a broken game?
why do yo not answer our questions?

as for PS4: one whole month.

we are especially unhappy and frustrated about the way you treat your customers, the fans, the gamers

we paid you full, you delivered half.
the original download size of the game on ps4 was 18,18gb.
now it is 34,07gb. it's like you only now provided the second part of the stuff, we already paid you! you did us dirty and you know it, don't stay quite about it, show some spine.

(I only came across this, because mid-day the whole game erased itself from my HD. it was still in my library, ready to be downloaded again. that was new. you might wanna add this to the list)

@Netheos
After downloading the patch on PS4 I do not see any Save Recovery option. How can I recover my corrupted save from 2 weeks ago, where I had completed the Story?

Can any of our PS4 bros give some insight on how well this patch works? I'm on Xbox and we're left tapping our toes still.

last edited by venerablemarine

@venerablemarine said in OCTOBER MAJOR UPDATE AND 1.1 PATCH NOTES:

Can any of our PS4 bros give some insight on how well this patch works? I'm on Xbox and we're left tapping our toes still.

not so good. I made two matches. the AI is still weird, one dude walked into a trap he set the round before, then walked into a corner to nade himself twice before basically committing suicide by charging into my barrel.
it feels like fighting a very sick person and it feels so wrong.

the second match ended 5-0 and bugged out with an infinite quick save that I can not end other than closing the game manually. the progress of that mission was completely lost.

sorry man, no good news, the game is still crap and unstable.

last edited by ThisSucks

@ThisSucks

Ah damnit, I figured it wouldn't be fixed with the first patch, guess it'll be what 2 months before we have a basic functioning game?

Focus Interactive, at this point why don't you take the L? This games basically dead and I can't imagine most players sticking around long enough to care when the second patch is released, offer the refunds, hope most people aren't paying attention anymore to get it and call her a day, this is like Ivy league pathetic.

This is upsetting, this is shameful, this is unacceptable and is just another blow to gamers in the battle for quality in the market.

The update, now live PC and PS4, and coming soon to Xbox One, should have fixed a lot of issues reported by the community, and we sincerely hope it lets many of you enjoy the game.

We understand that some of you are unhappy with the situation and the time it took to release the patch, but it's here for most of you now. I'd like to remind everyone here that you have to stay respectful in this forum.

We're sorry for your frustration but this is never a reason to insult other players or community staff. Our forum rules are here if anyone needs a reminder.

I get where you're coming from, I really do. But it seems like you do not understand where thousands of customers are coming from. You delivered them an unplayable game, and sold it as a complete product. You left that product broken for nearly a month. And even still, you are being less than honest.

You know perfectly well the patch failed to fix no less than half a dozen issues which the notes blatantly claimed it did. There's no two ways about that... it's a bold faced lie. Whether that lie was told through maliciousness or ignorance doesn't matter, it's a lie all the same. Perhaps worst of all, it's a lie that could've been avoided with literally a couple hour run through with the patch before shoving it out the door. By the same token, you still have not acknowledged that or updated the patch notes to reflect your errors.

And now, here you sit, a week after your broken patch, bold faced telling people in print and capturable media that you hope the patch will fix their issues, when you know perfectly well the patch will wipe all their max stat upgrade points and ganger perks. You know the patch simply takes the game from being almost unplayable to being pointless to play because you cannot advance... and still you're not being upfront about it.

I want to side with you, I really do. I loved Mordheim and you can find forum records of me publicly cheering for you guys to do a Necromunda game. But you have to do better than this. This is patently absurd. Do you guys need testers or something? There's no reason to release patches like this on top of a broken game at release. It's inexcusable. You're worried about people being rude on internet forums... if I were you, I'd be worried about class action lawsuits.

Do better. Communicate. For God's sake, update the known issues list. It's not hard. Act like you want to give people a product they want, rather than steal their money and disappear. I shouldn't have to teach this to adults.

last edited by Scout80913

@Scout80913

Well said!

Along with the obvious issue of the game being for the lack of a better term, broken, the lack of communication is deafening.

We don't need you in here begging us for forgiveness or whatever, we need you telling us what in the hell you're doing.

Like no one over there honestly thinks this will be ok when you fix it with patches right? You understand selling the idea of the game rather than the expected playable game is like, the shittiest thing a company can do right???

To me it feels like Focus purposely rushed this game to make a few bucks for their next quarterly review, like how else did this happen? It's just so clearly a mess that no one with any moral standing could've green lit this game for shipment without another motive.

What. The. Hell. Happened.

@chaton @Netheos

what's next? there are still many, many issues.

last edited by ThisSucks

Its been 12 days since patch was released. Any update on xbox. Its super sad I literally can no long play it and I would sincerly like to use it what with the paying for it and all.

Thanks

@ThisSucks said in OCTOBER MAJOR UPDATE AND 1.1 PATCH NOTES:

@chaton @Netheos

Hello, we have more updates and content planned after this first update. We'll share more visibility on them as soon as we have a solid date for their release 🙂

@LeggedSnek said in OCTOBER MAJOR UPDATE AND 1.1 PATCH NOTES:

Its been 12 days since patch was released. Any update on xbox. Its super sad I literally can no long play it and I would sincerly like to use it what with the paying for it and all.

Thanks

The patch is still going through the certification process. We're pushing to have it out as soon as possible. Sorry for the delay!

Why was this game released before it was finished? Why was the decision made to push the game in it's current state when it clearly was not ready? I just need to know how it happened.

Simple enough and I think fair to ask.

@Netheos So. This patch still isnt available for xbox, I've literally not played in over a month.. I'm sure people would be respectful if they were also mutually respected. This is the worst example i have ever seen of a company publishing a broken game, I can't believe the number of bugs your company let slip through, this shouldn't be an issue and it doesn't even cover the bugs I've personally experienced!

I'd like to mention that respect should be mutual, and though i haven't slandered anyone personally, i and a lot of necromunda fans strongly believe focus as a whole, has taken a colossal shit in our breakfast cereal of 'Necermunda flakes'.

This is honestly so appauling, ive now lay buyed a Nintendo switch so i dont feel so miserable when Ithink of playing a video game, and that's not even a joke.

@venerablemarine I also agree, theres something we're not told, I'm sure we'd be quite reasonable with a fair explanation.

last edited by Lord Pappa Bear

I see my question, not surprisingly, wasn't answered.

This is not shocking to me but I'll persist to ask questions that we, as the robbed consumers, have a right to know, I am being respectful as per community guidelines (even though the company as a whole has been LESS than respectful, example? The shameless release of a game that is unplayable by most of it's player base)

So here's another question that should be considered fair and IF there was a moral bone in this companies body, they'd answer truthfully and swallow the hard pill that needs to be swallowed.

Was Focus aware of the issues this game has before they shipped it out? If so, why was it shipped? If not, how come this wasn't found?

Thank you.

last edited by venerablemarine

@chaton @Focus_HugoM @Netheos

nobody is gonna react over the weekend, we know. but do you even care a little shit?

@ThisSucks said in OCTOBER MAJOR UPDATE AND 1.1 PATCH NOTES:

@chaton @Netheos

Hello, we have more updates and content (DLC??) planned after this first update. We'll share more visibility on them as soon as we have a solid date for their release 🙂

literally NO information here. You owe us something.

last edited by ThisSucks