Questions Oovee won't answer

So, since Oovee is phenomenally good at ignoring questions and not posting information, I'll bring my questions to this forum.

1. Will there be a comprehensive list released on what makes this different from ST? The video doesn't appear to be all that far from what ST currently has. (It may not be specifically showing features, so I ask.)
    1a. It mentions real-time mud. Does this mean we will finally have real-time mud sync from all players in multiplayer sessions?
    1b. Do we finally get multiplayer saves so that maps don't need to be completed in a single session?
  2. Will existing mods work in this release? (I'm going to assume no.)
    2a. Will you include mod support from the start?
    2b. What will you do to entice modders to trust that the game will stick around and to encourage them to provide mods?
  3. Will there be a map editor (assuming the current one doesn't work?)
    3a. If they have the giant sandbox map combining all the original and official maps, does this mean we may be able to make much larger maps with the editor?
  4. How many official maps can we expect, in addition to the 19 vehicles?
  5. Will that god awful camera auto-zoom finally be resolved?
  6. Will we finally get a cockpit camera?
  7. Did tracked vehicles ever get finished and implemented?

Some of these have been sort of answered from VK forum posts, but I haven't seen official answers, so I leave them here.

Espcially the 1. They definitly have to say/show the very real impruvements. The screenshot I have seen so far are nothing else than the old Spintires with some mods.

This post is deleted!

No official answer so far, but regarding the changelog including workshop for cars AND maps, i expect some kind of editor. Wouldn't make sense otherwise 😉
But i doupt there will be something realy new in this direction...

Do not be surprised if this is a expansion of what we have already. That is what they have advertised. And why not, it is a very sensible place for them to start. As much as we all are pissed off at the situation with Oovee, EVERYONE will need to remember that Focus has made an acquisition. They are a business. They must make a profit out of this venture. They are giving us what we were promised and if we maintain our loyalty to Spintires we will be rewarded with a title that will keep expanding.

Focus know how to do this stuff. They managed to take a game about farming and turn it into a incredible success.

This is the best news I have come across in the gaming world for a long time. Thank you Pavel, Focus and anyone else involved. I was having a really bad day until I saw the news about Mud Runner.

Here's a link to an article on vk.com that may shine some light on the situation. Translation needed.

https://vk.com/spint...33295160_140342

note from article;
Update: "Focus Home informs us that Zagrebelny returned to Saber Interactive with HIS Spintires game: MudRunner as its official owner and lead developer,

Sorry, the link got shortened from the oovee forums and I just copy/pasted from there..

https://vk.com/spintires?w=wall-33295160_140342

Yup waiting patiently to the answers to some of these questions.

@Spun said in Questions Oovee won't answer:

Yup waiting patiently to the answers to some of these questions.

I am thinking I will give the game a chance. I still feel it is for all the wrong reasons but the cost is fair given a new publisher. I still think there are going to be underlying issues but maybe, just maybe, this time it is not a cash grab. The last game I got on sale so in that regard I did get my moneys worth so who knows. Burn me once shame on you; burn me twice, shame on me.... Still want to see these questions answered and no shady business. If there is, I will get the money returned regardless of Steams refund policy.

Im hoping that we might see local multiplayer

If there is an editor, I can't wait to get ahold of it.

Hi all,

I've put together the answerse to your questions here: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/617/answering-frequently-asked-questions

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know!

James

@Iyagovos said in Questions Oovee won't answer:

Hi all,

I've put together the answerse to your questions here: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/617/answering-frequently-asked-questions

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know!

James

Thank you, James, for answering these questions as we have all been waiting a very long time to know something about this great game.

I can think of only one other unanswered question that I and others would like to know that hasn't been answered yet. That question is, Does Oovee have any part, or are involved, what so ever in this new release of the game? And/or are they out of the picture fully now?

Thank you,

OoVee do not have any role in the development of MudRunner.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

OoVee do not have any role in the development of Spintires: MudRunner.

That's good to know but what about the release of the game? Who will be releasing the game? I sure hope it's not Oovee.

Focus Home (we) will be the ones publishing it, so we'll be releasing it, handling future updates (along with the dev team) and distributing it, too.

Oovee won't have anything to do with the game.

last edited by Iyagovos

Like I say, OoVee will have no role in the development of Spintires: MudRunner.

Focus Home (we) will be the ones publishing it.

ok, thank you, sorry. Just wanted to be absolutely sure.

This is great news. Now I can pre-order it knowing they have nothing to do with it.

Edited my original post for clarity 🙂

Edited my original post for clarity 🙂

Thanks again James. May I ask that you place your edited post into the Q&A that you just created in case others don't read this post, please? I'm sure others are wanting to know this as well and may also influence them in purchasing this version as it did me.

I look forward to a new beginning with a repeatable company handling the game now. I foresee many great things happening to this great game now that you all are on board.

What kind of engine emulation we can expect?
In previous version (or whatever it is/was) there was some "tension", lately without even that "tension-o-meter". While using AT and keyboard, no big deal, but using steering wheel and clutch pedal and gear-shifter, its becoming a semi-nightmare.
I'd like to see engine with a proper range of RPMs, engine, that will get louder and louder while getting higher RPMs, so I can change gears by listening its "roar".
That approach we have now is rather confusing in this way.

Is that possible to happen?