Russian localization issue

Hi guys! First I want to say that "A Plague Tale" became one of the best adventure games I've ever seen. But why some elements of the game in Russian dialogs/interface is not translated?

For example - "Ignifer". It's not translated in the game. Such a moment looks strange and causes the players questions and indignation. The best word for it in Russian is "Поджигатель". It is good word and fits into the atmosphere of the game. I recommend translating as "Поджигатель" (or maybe "Воспламенитель", "Возжигатель"). But is should be translated.

Youtube Video – [19:21..]

Please do something with it. Thanks! 🙂

Also, some people in Youtube comments section said that "Ignifer" is a latin word and "latin terms are not translated". I'm not sure that they are not being translated. Maybe "Ignifer" means "Огниво" ("Flint")?

Just checked an English version. It's called "Ignifer" too. Looks like it's a feature, not a bug. 🙂

Youtube Video – [24:51..]

Hello @dwarf
Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing those translations with us!
It is indeed a choice made during translation. Thank you nevertheless: if you find typos or the overall translation lacking, please get in touch with me!
Happy new year 😃

@dwarf said in Russian localization issue:

Also, some people in Youtube comments section said that "Ignifer" is a latin word and "latin terms are not translated". I'm not sure that they are not being translated. Maybe "Ignifer" means "Огниво" ("Flint")?
Most likely you are right. I also think it means flint. I tried to search and translate through a translator, although I think that all the same, it may not be accurate enough. When I need to get an accurate translation, I turn to this resource https://thewordpoint.com/services/translation-service/government-translation-services especially if I need translations related to documents and important papers. In such cases, I consider errors and inaccuracies unacceptable.

last edited by RafaelStanley

Thanks for the information keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.

OneVanilla.com

last edited by Bartell

@RafaelStanley said in Russian localization issue:

@dwarf said in Russian localization issue:

Most likely you are right. I also think it means flint. I tried to search and translate through a translator, although I think that all the same, it may not be accurate enough, even with lucky numbers in russia. In such cases, I consider errors and inaccuracies unacceptable.

If anyone still has this problem, please note that latin terms are not translated!