Give back 2x scope on Marksman class!

@MaxedOutMelon You fail to understand that you're not the only one to play the game or wants to have fun. You've been selfish since Ins2014, congrats !

You only want bolt-action rifles, despite not using them as they should. You get kills ? Great for you ! Marksman class is supposed to be more tactical than fast-paced, you know ? But I guess your pleasure is more important than anyone else's.

You don't need bolt-action rifles to do what you do. You don't need to hog the only class to have access to anti-materiel rifles and long-range scopes for what you do.

I know its hard to understand, but just because the description says "best used for this", doesn't mean you have to use it that way.

It's not hard to understand. It just makes you a "hogging virgin", to use the same kind of dumb phrasing as you.

For the record, I've also been playing a pistol only Advisor, is that "hogging" as well?

Nope. Because Advisor has no particular tactical purpose. The only difference between Advisors and Riflemen are the exotic weapons. Nothing else. the difference between a Rifleman and a Marksman is the 7x scopes and sniper rifles made to engage enemies at long range.

If you played Gunner or Breacher using pistols only, now THAT would also be hogging. Because those classes also fill a particular role. Although the specificity of a breacher's role still can be debated.
Picking Commander class and not using fire support would also be hogging. See ? That's not hard to get now, is it ?

Also thanks for corrupting my thread about the scope with some useless posts about how "bad" it is to play aggressively...

De nada. Also, playing agressively is great ! Provided you don't use a class that wasn't really meant for that, preventing people that would like to use bolt-actions + 4x/7x scopes in a more traditional and tactical way from doing so. Classes have roles to fulfill. You like to play as an assault rifle guy, only with bolt-actions. Good for you, but you're objectively hogging the class. That's all.

last edited by Grumf

@Grumf So what if its "supposed" to be more tactical? Doesnt mean ya cant play it otherwise. Doesnt mean you shouldn't play it otherwise. I guess there are two types of people: those who follow the herd with their heads down, and those who dare challenge the rules and do things differently.

"But I guess your pleasure is more important than anyone else's. "
Hell ye it is. And it will continue to be more important for me.

You don't need to hog the only class to have access to anti-materiel rifles and long-range scopes for what you do.
Anti-material rifle with no scope and close range...thanks for the idea, haven't played like this yet. Its about time I have some fun with the hand cannons...

last edited by MaxedOutMelon

@Grumf said in Give back 2x scope on Marksman class!:

@Pisces I'm saying that if he only wants to play agressively with a 2x scope, then other classes do that well. No need for him to selfishly hog the marksman class.

Also, here's the definition of the marksman class ingame, since you don't seem to have ever read it :
alt text

The only thing this guys does is using a bolt-action rifle at short range. The class is not meant to do that. Those who want to use the class how it should be used can't because of him monopolizing the only slot available for bolt-action 4x/7x far distance shooting. How thick can one be ?...

As @absorbbone said previously : Don't want to be the virgin camper ? Don't hog the Marksman class then. It all boils down to this.

So what, it's not like I would play marksman 2x all the time and yes, there are other classes with which you can get up close, but there are also other classes that can snipe and camp. Now what's the point of having a marksman which only does the role of a sniper. Another definition of a marksman is: An accurate shooter, which isn't always a sniper and even if it was. Not all snipers stay back from afar. And just because New World don't know the definition of a marksman, doesn't mean that you shouldn't. Also the weapon is meant for long range and for shorter ranges, that is obvious.

You seem to be under the impression that only people who hang back are allowed to play marksman, but it wouldn't hurt them to play something else and still hang back.
Every person is allowed to play every weapon the way they want to play it, there is no weapon designed specifically for 1 thing. Everyone has their own playstyle.
And if you think that weapons "IN A GAME" are designed specifically for something, then what are pistols designed for? Doing fuck all damage up close and from range?

You can argue it all you want, however it always comes down to your own words:
"if he only wants to play aggressive* with a 2x scope, then other classes do that well. No need for him to selfishly hog the marksman class".

If you only want to snipe, then other classes do that well. No need for you to selfishly hog the marksman class.

Fortunately, the devs also feel 2x on sniper class is wasting the role. It's obvious.

I'm all for different choices on optics.

Sometimes I want to sit back and snipe (more magnification). Sometimes I want to support fights mid-range (2x). Sometimes I want to CQB (red dot).

With more optics, you get more choices on how you want to play.

@MaxedOutMelon

But I guess your pleasure is more important than anyone else's.

Hell ye it is. And it will continue to be more important for me.

Sooo, yeah. That's what I thought. You're just a selfish douche who thinks he's better than everyone else and hogs a class he plays incorrectly because "fuck other people, their enjoyement doesn't mean shit".

I rest my case...

@Pisces That's Caesar to you. Peasant.

@Grumf said in Give back 2x scope on Marksman class!:

Sooo, yeah. That's what I thought. You're just a selfish douche

Can you give me a reason why I should care what you think about me? This thread was made for the reason to get the attention of the devs that the 2x is a wanted thing for Marksman. I dont even understand why people like you are here after you clearly stated you dont care about the scope like some of us do.

@Grumf you contradict yourself the whole time my man

I'd be down for that.

I like the 2x scope. Not too much magnification, not too little.

@Bobondacob said in Give back 2x scope on Marksman class!:

@absorbbone said in Give back 2x scope on Marksman class!:

2x scope on your rifles? Don't wanna be the virgin camper?

Don't hog the Marksman class then

I can hit my shots at extreme range with a 2x, and the 7x makes me motionsick. I want them back because that's what makes them effective. Most maps don't need a 7x regardless.

So you don't need sniper class since you can snipe with any gun and a 2x.

I really appreciate you making a post on this to see how different people feel about it. Personally, I understand why the devs made the change and I honestly agree with it. But in a vacuum.

For this change to work, one or all of a few things need to happen, I think.

Advisors need to lose their semi auto snipers, which spoils the class identity they're trying to build for marksmen.

There needs to be another weapon exclusive to marksman per side.

There need to be more 4x and higher optics to choose from.

I believe the first and third option are the most likely, given us getting new attachments in the future and Mikee's desire for each class to have a stronger identity.

@Demotic said in Give back 2x scope on Marksman class!:

I really appreciate you making a post on this to see how different people feel about it. Personally, I understand why the devs made the change and I honestly agree with it. But in a vacuum.

For this change to work, one or all of a few things need to happen, I think.

Advisors need to lose their semi auto snipers, which spoils the class identity they're trying to build for marksmen.

There needs to be another weapon exclusive to marksman per side.

There need to be more 4x and higher optics to choose from.

I believe the first and third option are the most likely, given us getting new attachments in the future and Mikee's desire for each class to have a stronger identity.

I don't think advisor needs their semi auto snipers removed. They need the 4x option removed on advisor.

I've always thought 4x was to widely available. It promotes to many people not playing objective. Most people can't push up efficiently with a 4x scope from what I've seen. (Yes, some people can do it.) 4x should be limited to gunner and sniper in my opinion.

A 3x would be nice but give back the 2x and you have to deal with aggressive mk14 ebr and svd Players who can also change to long range sniping anytime. The DMRs had 0 recoil most of the time and are basically 1 shot kill to anywhere most of the time. (From where I am) it’s pretty stupid that someone in a marksmen class is pushing, getting lots of close range kills and getting on objectives first than a riflemen who is meant to do this stuff. At least bring back 2x scopes since running around with bolt actions and having a red dot holo or kobra sight made it better than using shitty iron sights

@MaxedOutMelon I agree with you and applaud your desire to get into the fray. The sniper class is generally wasted on poor TDM players looking for easy kills in Objective matches. They don't even think to position themselves for anti- sniper roles. So, they are not helping players advancing towards the objective (where they are afraid to go in another class) nor are they in any position to turn an objective. A 2x magnification cures that impotence in the hands of the right player.

last edited by Urnodaisy

Imho: Keep it as it is now. Sniper do snipe, Breachers do brech and Alligators do alligate.
If someone prefers no Scope bolt action or bipod 7x mp7 its totally fine for me. But pls not
in this game, where the Devs, at least, try to keep it a bit "realistic". Nothing to argue, we will see
what future updates will bring.