Greedfall doesn't start on Xbox One X

Hello everyone,
Thanks for reporting this issue! We are currently looking into it.

In order to figure out the source of issue, we would like to know what kind of monitors you are using to play the game, as well as the video settings used on your Xbox One X.

Thanks!

LG B8 TV.

4k setting ticked on xbox one x. 60hz.

@Focus_Oswaldo

Hi Oswaldo,

Samsung 4K TV with HDR10, don't know the exact model nr., sorry.

4k setting on xbox one x. 60hz.

Regards

Thanks for the answers!

Could you try unticking HDR10 in the xbox settings to see if that works?

@Focus_Oswaldo

Tried it and it crashed aswell.

Samsung NU6000 65inch 4K HDR 120hrz panel setup with dolby DTS surround set up. All other games on Pro and X are fine but Greedfall has major issues locking at the focus or Spiders screen....it generally resets the One X once it locks...regardless of how you try to exit the locked screen and goto the Xbox menus.

The two times the game did work it was good too...I was enjoying it.

Tv: Samsung UE49MU7055 4k
HDR: 10
Xbox one X
Freezes when you see a little bit of the focus intro. Then shuts the console down after like 20-30sec

I too am having issues launching Greedfall on Xbox One X. I do believe I figured out the problem, however.

I tried what some have suggested. Going to the Xbox One X settings menu, selecting Display and Sound, then selecting Video Output, then selecting Video Modes and finally unchecking the Allow 4K toggle.

After following these exact steps, Greedfall launched fine for me. Afterwards, I changed the settings on my Xbox One X to allow 4K content again. As soon as I did this, I attempted to re-launch Greedfall and it crashed my Xbox One X.

Whatever this issue is, it is directly tied to the setting allowing 4K content on the Xbox One X. If the setting is toggled on to allow 4K content, Greedfall will not launch on Xbox One X.

Please look at this and fix this, Spiders! PLEASE! I want to play Greedfall SO BAD and it pains me to have to constantly be adjusting my console settings just so Greedfall will launch.

Today, the game doesn't work yet ...on my xbox one x.

I'm waiting a fix. It's not normaly that I must off my 4k settings and HDR too.
I'm dissapointed and the video game websites say nothing about it...it's not honest ...

@Focus_Oswaldo
SAMSUNG UE48JU6400 Smart TV LED UHD 4K 121cm for me ! and a dts decoder by optic audio cable.

There is one fix that worked 3 times in a row for me. Uncheck 4K (the overide) in the Xbox x settings. This will auto output 1080p. Go offline also. Boot the game and it's worked everytime now for me. Once you start the game or load a save,go back to settings and then tick the 4K output button in the X menu (video display) and go back to resume the game and 4K will be the games output....but I found HDR does not always switch back on....it's possible that there is a boot issue with 4K HDR and being online....like some kind of routine software check. The above worked 3 times in a row this morning.

@hiro_protagonist This works. I also had to go offline too.

My Xbox one x started no problem with 4k/hdr on. I have no idea why.

I just tried again.

As of this posting, I STILL cannot launch Greedfall on Xbox One X if 4K Content is toggled on.

Yeah im still having problems with 4k being toggled on. I hope they patch this soon 🙂

I don't know if this would help Spiders or not, but erring on the side of caution, I am using an external Solid State Drive on my Xbox One X and Greedfall is installed on my SSD.

I doubt that has anything to do with it, as I'm positive it is tied to the Allow 4K Content setting of the Xbox One X. But again, I don't want to leave anything out so that Spiders can figure this out as soon as possible.

I've just checked reddit and a few other sites. There are widespread reports of people having this problem on the Xbox One X. I don't want to see this one issue scare away potential customers, as I feel Greedfall is a great game aside from this technical issue.

Thanks you all for your responses, we are actively looking into this issue.
We are very sorry that you are encoutering this problem.

Thanks again for your patience regarding this.

Started playing today on X1X/LG C9 OLED. Day one patch installed. The game launches fine but there are two conspicuous issues. The brightness slider has no effect on the picture. In other words you cannot adjust the brightness. The second issue is input lag. It’s about as bad as I’ve ever encountered. If, for example, your character is standing idle and you push the control stick in any direction there is a very noticeable pause before the character moves. In general it makes controlling the character sluggish and pretty hard going. Love the game so far and many congratulations but would also love to see these issues addressed.

@hiro_protagonist said in Greedfall doesn't start on Xbox One X:

I don't know if this would help Spiders or not, but erring on the side of caution, I am using an external Solid State Drive on my Xbox One X and Greedfall is installed on my SSD.

I doubt that has anything to do with it, as I'm positive it is tied to the Allow 4K Content setting of the Xbox One X. But again, I don't want to leave anything out so that Spiders can figure this out as soon as possible.

I've just checked reddit and a few other sites. There are widespread reports of people having this problem on the Xbox One X. I don't want to see this one issue scare away potential customers, as I feel Greedfall is a great game aside from this technical issue.

Ok, I had installed it on my external usb hard drive.
After work, I try ti re install it on my internal hard drive of my one x and I'll test it again

@greedyfallen

PS The lag issue is also present on the map. It’s very hard to guide the cursor to quests. Possible also that the dead zone is set too wide