Fire support "stealing"

So ive been playing more as commander lately and theres this annoying trend that after i carefully pick a place for the firesupport, lets say the minigun helo, a noob commander rushes in and quickly spams minigun support randomly in order to "steal" it because he wants the free kills...

So please for example put any called fire supports instantly into temporary cooldown, if the call gets cut off or rejected, take the cooldown off.

Allready in day of infamy idiot commanders were a constant problem and i kept thinking "i wish there was only one commander class slot".

Just another reason why there shouldn't be a second commander option, or at least there should be some preventions in place for the obvious troll call-in steals that you speak of, though I don't think there is any technical bug here, it operates the same way as if you call in something and a second later call it in in a different location, before the support arrives it moves to the new call in if called in time, so essentially that's what happens when the other commander steals your call in (just try to call it back if possible).

Honestly guys, just because you play commander doesn't give you the right to call dips on every fire support. Fact of he matter is, there can be two commanders. It is also a fact that minigun and gunship support is only available once each. Just because you don't like that, or the the fact that someone else can call stuff in too, doesn't mean it's "stealing", which you rightfully put in quotation marks. In reality playing with two commanders is much better because it allows you circumvent the fire support cooldown, which is a good thing. So best try to use it to your advantage rather than try and have it removed.

last edited by ham cucumber

+1

There should not be any way to cancel other officer's commands.
One officer is even better. Just look at Rising Storm 2

@ham-cucumber said in Fire support "stealing":

Honestly guys, just because you play commander doesn't give you the right to call dips on every fire support. Fact of he matter is, there can be two commanders. It is also a fact that minigun and gunship support is only available once each. Just because you don't like that, or the the fact that someone else can call stuff in too, doesn't mean it's "stealing", which you rightfully put in quotation marks. In reality playing with two commanders is much better because it allows you circumvent the fire support cooldown, which is a good thing. So best try to use it to your advantage rather than try and have it removed.

This is assuming both commanders are working together fine, then there is no problem, but if you actually read what OP said, it's people trolling the commander position that's the problem (where he spends a lot of time strategizing one call in, then the other commander steals it just for the kills) that's not working together or taking advantage of call in cooldowns, that's simply troll behavior.

I understand what he's saying. Sorry if I don't take his word for it. Maybe the call you consider trolling isn't actually that bad or it's an honest mistake. Tolling is almost always possible, nothing to be done. Even if there is only one commander the likelihood of him being a troll is always the same. So what's your point?

I understand what he's saying. Sorry if I don't take his word for it. Maybe the call you consider trolling isn't actually that bad or it's an honest mistake. Tolling is almost always possible, nothing to be done. Even if there is only one commander the likelihood of him being a troll is always the same. So what's your point?

Except there can be a lot done, if you looked at the solutions (such as simply not letting the other commander cancel another commander's call in that was already just ordered) then this way there would still be two commander positions but would cut down on the trolling aspect. Currently, if someone really wanted to (and people find the reason to troll all the time, maybe they just don't like you for whatever reason they find) they can literally pick the second commander, follow the first commander around everywhere, and then activley try to steal every call in if they are dedicated enough. That's pure and simple troll behaviour. I don't play commander too often or else I might have more personal experience to call from, but trolling has been a plague on Insurgency since the mod first came out, where teamkilling had absolutley no limit or kick threshold and where you couldn't mute any individual players who were mic spamming. This is where IMO the toxic troll part of this community originated, and parts of it are still around, so limiting any form of troll behaviour that exists will only help curb it.

I almost always play either commander or observer and personally never even noticed any of this, to be honest. I wouldn't say it's a problem, certainly not for me. Also your "solution" is oddly specific and would only really stand in the way of legitimate fire support requests. So what if someone wanted to call something in and it got cancelled? Shouldn't prevent the other commander from using it. You act like they have to be a troll, when they call something in that was just interrupted.

I almost always play either commander or observer and personally never even noticed any of this, to be honest. I wouldn't say it's a problem, certainly not for me. Also your "solution" is oddly specific and would only really stand in the way of legitimate fire support requests. So what if someone wanted to call something in and it got cancelled? Shouldn't prevent the other commander from using it. You act like they have to be a troll, when they call something in that was just interrupted.

Just because you haven't experienced trolling doesn't mean other's haven't, obviously this has happened enough to OP that he took the time to make a thread about it (and I have also had this happen once before recently). And again you are misreading what I'm saying - not to prevent the second commander from calling in a cancelled order, but from preventing the second commander from stealing a legitimate non-cancelled order that was just called in by the first commander.