how many romances

@Fortune86 said in how many romances:

So the romances will be Siora, Yesora, Kurt and Vasco?

So Siora straight romance, Yesora bi, Kurt straight and Vasco bi? Looks like it.

@Agrotank said in how many romances:

So Siora straight romance, Yesora bi, Kurt straight and Vasco bi? Looks like it.

I admit, tad disappointed that there won't be a Native romance for straight girls or gay guys.

@Agrotank said in how many romances:

I admit, tad disappointed that there won't be a Native romance for straight girls or gay guys.

We've known for a while there would be one party member from each faction. NPCs still haven't been rules out.

Sorry guys. 😞

I hope we hear some more about Captain Vasco soon. He looks pretty interesting, but we haven't seen him in gameplay yet (right?) just in some beginning cut scenes. I am a little concerned that his faction (Nauts) may not have much to do on the island once we arrive? He does seem to have a lovely voice! And those facial tattoos/marks are pretty awesome!

Out of curiosity... when you play RPGs do you generally tend to play through all the romance options (and player character options) and combinations? Or do you tend to stick to your own gender and orientation? Absolutely no judgement from me! I am honestly curious about how other people tend to play their games.

@tudorhousewife

My main is always male and I typically have one favorite female romance I stick with in subsequent playthroughs. The current acception is final fantasy 14 because them tall bunny girls.

How about yourself?

last edited by Red Leader

@tudorhousewife It depends. If I really like the game and multiple of the romance options I will play through multiple times. Other times if one option is an easy favorite in my eyes (Liara in Mass Effect was like this) then even if I play through multiple times I'll still only choose the one just because I like them best.

Also to add on to that real life orientation doesn't necessarily affect it too much other than an obvious bias in which characters I personally feel most drawn to when choosing the romance option I want to pursue. To me the character in a game is always distanced from real life me simply because the character isn't actually me. While I do put a bit of myself into the character through choices it's always still just that, a character. And so I tend to be fairly accepting of not needing a certain gender to play as or a certain specific romance option when playing a game.

@tudorhousewife I play a straight male for my first play through.

When I have the choice, I play through as straight female first. If I enjoy the game, then I'll go through all the other combos. The order usually depends on how intriguing the companion is. I prefer to play medieval-ish games like Dragon Age, etc. So many options with DA:I, so that took a lot of play throughs.

@tudorhousewife I always play as Gay male.
For romance I will switch character to romance with if I have more than one option.

And I always play good guy but will change some detail for different playthrough.

@Ben-Kenobi I'm pretty much a paragade. Mostly good but if you mess with me I'll put a bullet in your head type.

My first playthrough I tend to play as a female and go for whoever I end up liking the most. After that I'll start RPing proper and romance whoever I think best fits the character.

I mostly play as my gender and orientation. Which is a straight male. The only times I haven't played as straight male are Mass Effect 3 I played female Shepard to a romance girl ( Can't Remember her name I think it was Trainer something), and Dragon Age Inquisition I played a female Inquisitor to romance Sera (Best romance in the game to me).

The newest video makes it look like Siora is actually the bisexual option (shows her kissing male de Sardet and then she pushes him to the bed and he is replaced by female PC)

The fact that Siora seems to be available as a f/f romance is the sole reason I have now pre-ordered the game

I make hasty decisions when there's pretty girls involved, whoops

@Skylar-O-Shea Oh lawd that new gameplay overview was heavenly. Cheers friends, looks like we both got Siora!

@Red-Leader

Cheers, indeed!

My hype has come back full force. I'm very glad I saved my money so I could pre-order it. (I couldn't resist. The gun you get for it looks so cool)

For class, I'm probably going Technical. I usually play warrior, but the setting of the game gives me the strong urge to play a rogue-like character.

Ah, life is good. Now that Siora is confirmed bisexual, I can get excited without worrying about not having a good option. (Kurt seems more like a brother figure to me and I can't even remember the other chick's name XD)

last edited by A Former User

It also shows (for like one sec) m/m option, but I could not tell who our PC was kissing.. I think it was someone else than Vasco? Would that mean no gay/bi romance with members of our team (hello pre-patched Andromeda)?

last edited by Agrotank

@Agrotank

I noticed the guy looked a bit different but I thought I was imagining it.

Maybe it is Vasco and he looks different in that lighting?

I thought Vasco was confirmed an option, like through steam achievements or something. I could be wrong.

last edited by A Former User

I'm pretty sure that was Vasco.

#Skylar O'Shea

It could be just different angle, lighting yeah, but I personally think it's someone else than Vasco, that could mean romances/flings outside our team perhaps, I still want at least one gay/bi male option with member of our team tho..