Lost All my cosmetics!

Is it normal to loose all cosmetics, camos etc, unlocked or acquired?

i got the same issue im sad

Same problem here.
I just realized that the NWI ( main ) server seems to be down ( connection doesn´t work for several minutes at this point )
20190702121104_1_compressed.jpg

i too have the same problem

Even the NWI website is down currently:
https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/newworldinteractive.com.html
alt text
My guess would be that this is an issue further up the service chain, perhaps with their hosting provider, or the hosting provider's connectivity provider, etc.

I wouldn't worry too much about your unlocks, assuming this is further up the chain than the actual live production servers, whenever the connection issue is resolved, all of your cosmetics would (I assume) be restored.

Hello all!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Did this happen today? I'll notify the team regarding this issue.

@chaton I suppose so. I just logged in today and found the exact same problem. im at Lvl 15... with all customization gone and stats wiped to 0.

SAME! . Barely out of Alpha, yet I pay full price and get a half broken mess, then they have the cheek to take all the shit I've earned in game. If only I could get my money back...…

Edited out: "Fuck this game!", "Broken ass mess", "FFS!". (Shouldn't have said these things, they were stupid.)

last edited by AncientHoplite

@chaton The first I noticed it was around 5:30 am CST, several hours prior to that I was able to connect and everything appeared normal at that point, that was maybe around 1 am CST. After I noticed it though, there were already a few posts about it that were a couple of hours old, so I'm assuming it actually started sometime closer to 3-4 am CST.

@AncientHoplite lol, jump to conclusions much? Did you even read the other posts, or are you just looking for a reason to complain right now? Me thinks the latter.

I'm currently experiencing the same issue...

@AncientHoplite

I wrote the exact same words to Grave and now they fit on your reaction too :

If you don´t like the game as it is, just uninstall Insurgency:Sandstorm from your harddisk, delete your account in this forum and move on to a better game that makes you happy and satisfied.

You had the chance to get a refund shortlly after you buyed the game, but you decided to play on and accept the game as it is.
So don´t ask for a refund after all the playtime like a 12 year old ( may be you are just 12 years old !? )

You didn´t even pay as much for it as for a tripple-A game title from famous software development companies.
Who cares about 21 Euros = 24 US Dollars !? As an adult i just can lough about such ridiculous statements/demands.

The team are now working on a fix. Everything should be back up soon. We'll post another update when this is resolved on Twitter.

@GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@GSG_9_LIGHTNING said in Lost All my cosmetics!:

I wrote the exact same words to Grave and now they fit on your reaction too :

Couldn't care less. Good for you.

If you don´t like the game as it is, just uninstall Insurgency:Sandstorm from your harddisk, delete your account in this forum and move on to a better game that makes you happy and satisfied.

I won't delete this Forum account as I hope in the future the game will get back on track and actually function as it's supposed to. I may delete it from my hard drive however, the space could be use for something else.

You had the chance to get a refund shortlly after you buyed the game, but you decided to play on and accept the game as it is.

Umm no, the games "as it is" back then was functional, it worked, and didn't break every 5 minutes. I was happy with the game when it first released. But now it's a broken mess, and with its amount of bugs, it could be considered still in Alpha.

So don´t ask for a refund after all the playtime like a 12 year old ( may be you are just 12 years old !? )

"If only I could get my money back......" Yeah, I didn't ask for my money back, I know full well I can't get my money back, that's why I said "if only I could", smh.

You didn´t even pay as much for it as for a tripple-A game title from famous software development companies.

Like that matters. When I bought my £800 PC, it worked, when I bought my phone, it worked, when I bought for example Doom 2016, it worked. They all came complete. Unlike Sandstorm, which has gotten worse and worse. The devs need to learn about minimum viable product, instead of bundling on a bunch of gamemodes, creating more bugs and issues without first fixing the original problems.

Who cares about 21 Euros = 24 US Dollars !? As an adult i just can lough about such ridiculous statements/demands.

lol, I do care. You may not, perhaps you're super rich, or all you do all day is play this game and not do or purchase anything else. Perhaps you're loaded with cash, or maybe you're not, I don't really care. But when I pay for something, whether it's £1 or £1000, i'd like it to do what I payed for it to do. At this current time, Sandstorm is not doing that. When this game first came out, I considered it one of the best games ever made, but it has now degraded beyond belief.

This reaction was not at this specific issue, it was at the hundreds of issues I've reported, and the devs have barely fixed any of them, and they've had many attempts at doing so or in some cases, straight up ignored. Thank god for the Community devs, as I assume that most people would have lost their minds without these individuals communication, because we certainly don't get it from the devs.

Here's to hoping it gets back on its feet.

P.S. Before you start calling people 12 years old, just remember you're a 48 year old man, getting his knickers in a twist because I vented at his favourite game.

@Dannation said in Lost All my cosmetics!:

@AncientHoplite lol, jump to conclusions much? Did you even read the other posts, or are you just looking for a reason to complain right now? Me thinks the latter.

Nah, I didn't look at the other posts. I vented because there's always an issue with this game, I find myself on this forum every other day, reporting a major problem. I guess this was the final nail in the coffin before I vented my anger. But that's dispersed now. I'm never "looking" for a reason to complain, I wish I didn't have to, but every time I start the game, I get slapped in the face with a game breaking problem.

Edit: Just looked at your profile and you've been on the forums for about five mins. I don't want to be a dick, but sit there and tell me that i'm looking for a reason to complain. You don't know how much aggro I've had with this game, or how many times I've reported problems, been ignored and has nothing addressed. I have every right to be angry and complain.

@AncientHoplite
Mate, it´s absolutely o.k. to critisize the game if it´s incomplete / buggy / whatever in your eyes.
But don´t call it barely out of alpha because it isn´t !
It evolved since alpha ( which i also participated ) to a very nice game with a lot more content, cosmetics and maps and it still didn´t reach it´s highest level.
Developers are working every day hard on bugfixing and after the survey ( which is an excellent way to keep the contact to the community base ) they concentrate on things that the community wanted most. They are listening to us and they already fixed a lot of bugs and added awsome maps. How can you call such a progression still barely alpha ! ?
The game runs butter smooth since months and caused not a single crash, at least on my PC.
There are thousands of variations of different hardware combinations in a PC and it´s more than normal that a 32 man team cannot handle all of the crashes and bugs at once.
With my 48 years i learned something .. patience and respectfull talk often leads faster to the desired goal than just letting your anger out and insulting people and telling how bad this piece of software is. Constructive criticism is necessary but without being disrespectfull.

I'll address each of your points. You've been civil, so shall I.

Mate, it´s absolutely o.k. to critisize the game if it´s incomplete / buggy / whatever in your eyes.

I would say it's objective at this point that the game is buggy and incomplete

But don´t call it barely out of alpha because it isn´t !

Unfortunately it is still in Alpha. I've studied Game Design, I've made games (on a much smaller scale), I've created many mods for many games also, I understand the coding aspect of the development, art aspect (to a lesser extent) and the marketing/communication aspect (to a far lesser extent) of Game Design. And in this games current state, it fits the industry definition of "Alpha". I could be generous and say this is in early Beta, but we are still seeing new features pour in yet there are hundreds of core mechanics still broken in game. That's Alpha stage.

It evolved since alpha ( which i also participated ) to a very nice game with a lot more content, cosmetics and maps and it still didn´t reach it´s highest level.

Fair enough, but that just says to me that they need to stop adding new features and come out of Alpha and enter Beta stage, where they stop adding new features and polish the features they already have, which they're not doing. My teacher, always said to me "Always make the skateboard instead of the car", ie; make the minimum viable product to satisfy the customer, make sure it works and is polished and they enjoy it, then make the car. Focus Interactive just aren't doing that. They're still building the car yet the skateboard base can't even more forward on 4 wheels yet.

Developers are working every day hard on bugfixing and after the survey ( which is an excellent way to keep the contact to the community base ) they concentrate on things that the community wanted most. They are listening to us and they already fixed a lot of bugs and added awsome maps. How can you call such a progression still barely alpha ! ?

I'm extremely thankful to the devs for working their buts off. However I don't think they keep in contact with the core community enough, especially with bug fixes. For example, there last changlog mentioned "things to be fixed" or "issues known about"
only mentioned 5% of the bugs reported in this forum. You say they've fixed a lot of bugs, yet I've made a few posts over the last week detailing every single bug they said they fixed, yet had no been, and there was a heck ton....

You can still progress yet still be in an Alpha, and that's exactly what this game is.

The game runs butter smooth since months and caused not a single crash, at least on my PC.

This is anecdotal, but so is mine and everyone elses. But many have had problems, me included. On release and the first few months, the game ran like god, it was amazing, then since march, my performance has degraded quite substantially. I know many people who have had worse and better. I assume yours is fine due to your powerful rig, but some don't have that luxury, yet some with rigs like yours have reported issues aswell. Tbh, it's all rather cloudy with this issue, and hopefully the devs can address it in the future.

There are thousands of variations of different hardware combinations in a PC and it´s more than normal that a 32 man team cannot handle all of the crashes and bugs at once.

Of course, other games don't suffer as many problems as Focus however, so hopefully they can fix this too.

With my 48 years i learned something .. patience and respectfull talk often leads faster to the desired goal than just letting your anger out and insulting people and telling how bad this piece of software is. Constructive criticism is necessary but without being disrespectfull.

Agreed, however, I wish the devs were more communicative regarding the issues, if they were, you wouldn't see any anger from. But all that seems to happen is people report it on here, the community devs, say we'll report it (which I 100% believe they do), then the devs don't fix it or mention it in their changlog. And like I said before, I paid for this product, I have sympathy for dev teams, especially indie ones. But another thing my teacher taught me was communication with customers is top priority and I don't think the devs themselves have been forthcoming or honest enough on the state of the game and it's future updates.

Hope you understand, and i'll look forward to your response.

It´s all good mate , we all pull on the same side of the rope to get the devs over to the right direction.
Sometimes it´s just the rough tone in this forum that disturbs my inner peace.
In such cases i have to intervene with some words here.
Let´s drink a beer on that discussion and close it in peace !

It´s all good mate , we all pull on the same side of the rope to get the devs over to the right direction.
Sometimes it´s just the rough tone in this forum that disturbs my inner peace.
In such cases i have to intervene with some words here.
Let´s drink a beer on that discussion and close it in peace !

Peace my dude. Hope to see you in game.

@AncientHoplite said in Lost All my cosmetics!:

@Dannation said in Lost All my cosmetics!:

Nah, I didn't look at the other posts. I vented because there's always an issue with this game, I find myself on this forum every other day, reporting a major problem. I guess this was the final nail in the coffin before I vented my anger. But that's dispersed now. I'm never "looking" for a reason to complain, I wish I didn't have to, but every time I start the game, I get slapped in the face with a game breaking problem.

Edit: Just looked at your profile and you've been on the forums for about five mins. I don't want to be a dick, but sit there and tell me that i'm looking for a reason to complain. You don't know how much aggro I've had with this game, or how many times I've reported problems, been ignored and has nothing addressed. I have every right to be angry and complain.

I can understand where you're coming from on this, and having looked at your profile right after I posted my original response to your comment, I was honestly surprised, because to me your comment sounded like you had just bought the game and hadn't actually spent more than a couple of days playing it. Now coming back to this thread and seeing how you and @GSG_9_LIGHTNING voiced your differences of opinion, considered the other's viewpoint, and came to an even-tempered and amicable resolution, I realize that ironically I was jumping to conclusions in my appraisal of your comment and intent. As such, props to both of you gents for being such reasonable human beings, servers are back up, with cosmetics intact, time to go cap some points!

Cheers