3D modeling topology.

@Forces I'm trying to get the solid bar to move when I move the axle bone. Not sure if I made myself clear. sorry.

You have to weigh the bars,links,springs,etc to the axle bones so they will follow them.

@JustaFordGuy Hi, thanks for your reply! Thing is that if I weight the bar, it will deform and I want it to be solid... unless I'm missing something. ¿?

@deathcoreboy1
IK and CDTs are going to be involved here, I think.
In the Mudrunner editor folder there's a "Sample" folder that contains a. max file for the Kraz255 which uses a similar suspension setup, so if you can figure out a way to get it into Blender that might give you an idea how to pull it off (provided nothing explodes during the import).
Check out theCDT suspension tutorial in the guide section that @Forces posted/pinned in this forum as well.

last edited by Mexican_420

to make it be solid youll have to use a cdt based suspension in that case, because as far as i know there is no way to make them sinc like if they were attached together with the standart way of animating/coding the vehicles

edit* @Mexican_420 you type fast

@Mexican_420 Thanks. I heard about this cdt based suspension. Went trough that thread but couldn't manage to follow it.

Actually I have looked up all the in-game vehicles rear suspension and none of them have a solid bar connecting both axles. They are connected though a leaf spring.

I'm gonna give it a last try today. If I don't make any progress, I'll change to another suspension model. Or maybe I'll just give up. IDK.

never give up, why dont you use a center leaf suspension for it? you can get some really good results with it

@Forces I'm just a geek obsessed with realism. This truck uses a Hendrickson Haulmaax suspension. Either I pull it off or I move on to another truck until I learn enough to make it accurate.

I watched your video yesterday like 1000 times. 😃

So this CDT based suspension... is it, like... harder?

@deathcoreboy1
I'm slapping up an idea in Photoshop right now, will post as soon as it's complete (or at least somewhat intelligible lol). 👍

See this 47seg video and you'll understand what's it about:

Youtube Video

@deathcoreboy1
I understand how it works (my father has been in heavy truck parts sales for decades lol) I'm just trying to brain how to set it up to work in-game. 🙂

deathcoreboy_suspension_dia.jpg
-=Top-down view=-
AXLE_CDT is child of BARS_CDT
@Forces
This is what I came up with so far, but the more I look at it the more I get the feeling it's a bit too basic (won't allow for the axle to rotate along the longitudinal axis of the truck).

@Mexican_420 As far as I understand, the CDTs are collision models. So when you guys say "CDT based suspension" you mean that the axle_cdt will collide with the other CDTs and push them?
lol I'm wondering around, right? nowhere near the truth,

@deathcoreboy1
The collision type for a cdt can be modified so that it only collides with certain types of objects (or none at all), and the cdt mesh doesn't render in-game (invisible). If the IK/XML/hierarchy is set up properly, the cdt gets manipulated and subsequently any mesh that's a child of the cdt gets manipulated accordingly. Swinging d-ring shackles, for example; the XML code would specify how the shackle_cdt moves (swivels around it's pivot point, limited to longitudinal rotation so it won't also swivel side-to-side, only front-to-back) and the mesh of the d-ring itself, as a child of the shackle_cdt, "follows" the movement of the cdt mesh.
@Forces said in Ragdoll Physics:

@terminatorx58 hey its not a weight issue, im linking the mesh of the dice directly to the Dice_cdt mesh here are some pictures and code of to make the Dring

0_1552585961761_Imagen3.png
as you can see the Mesh of the Ring is directly Inside of the _cdt mesh for the ring animation
on the Right you can see the Hierarchy, by naming a mesh _cdt with this end code you can let the game know thats a cdt mesh and also the rotation point of the Ring depends on the origing/pivot point and axis of the _cdt its better to work on local view of the axis of the meshes (i dont know if 3dsMax has something similar but)

here is the code of it

<Body
  		AngularDamping="0.5"
  		Collisions="None"
  		ImpactType="Truck"
  		Mass="5"
  		ModelFrame="FrontORing1_cdt"
  	>
  		<Constraint
  			AxisLocal="(0;1;0)"
  			MinLimit="-184"
  			MaxLimit="33"
  			Type="Hinge"
  		/>
  	</Body>
  	<Body
  		AngularDamping="1"
  		AngularDamping="0.5"
  		Collisions="None"
  		ImpactType="Truck"
  		Mass="5"
  		ModelFrame="FrontORing2_cdt"
  	>
  		<Constraint
  			AxisLocal="(0;1;0)"
  			MinLimit="-184"
  			MaxLimit="33"
  			Type="Hinge"
  		/>
  	</Body>

It took me a while to wrap my mind around CDTs as well, and honestly I probably still don't entirely know how many different ways they can be used.

@Mexican_420 youre close but its harder, i made some drawings but its hard to understand and my letter

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17gDBrwRsyuDT9zuoPhBX8R4Foc_dQd1H

Its basic and uses 0 double contrains and the "suspension hardness" is controlled only by the center lever hinge

the Xaxis rotation is minimal but can be achieve is we set the "Lever" as a IK bone with double Bones in each ends for 2 axis rotation

I will be making a blend file of the more complicated setup and this basic setup

@deathcoreboy1 you can disable them in the codes, so they wont collide with things on the road

last edited by Forces

#offtopic
@Mexican_420 Fancy photoshop image = cute but wrong
@Forces Hen-scratching on paper = ugly but correct
lmao

@Forces With lever, you mean the solid bars? cuz there are two of them (red) they also move up and down (blue) independently compressing the rubber springs (black) and rotate (blue)

Haulmaax suspension perspective.JPG

I could send you a blend file with the suspension if you want. Once you figure it out then you can post the solution 😃

It's hard for me to learn this part because it's very specific to this game engine so I can't just google for tutorials when I need them.

Sorry to keep bothering you guys so much.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

lol, yeah the harder setup is way to complicated to put on paper, but it uses 4 prismatic doubled constrained cdts to act as dampers and that way it leaves the lever as a hinge, but yeah more cdts, more codelines and special codelines to be done

yes those solid bars will behave like bars and move like they should with the axles, compressing the rubber springs, because i will take them out of the equation and let the _cdt bodys do the work for them, they will be visual meshes

last edited by Forces

This on uses a similar suspension model (axles connected by a solid bar) but replaces the rubber springs by leafsprings.

I can't manage to find even a mod with this kind of suspension

Youtube Video

last edited by deathcoreboy1