3D modeling topology.

@Forces thanks. As of now, I've made a dirt load, but I'm open for suggestions. I haven't found any dumper online carrying anything else more interesting. I've added you to the co-developpers tab on steam. I had to, just becouse how helpful you've been throughout the process.

2019-08-30 testing.jpg
2019-08-27 first beta version3.jpg

@JustaFordGuy It's available for a closed beta. Send me a PM if you want to try it out.

It'll be released to the public once it's completed.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

Hello guys.

I've been working on my second addon.

2019-09-02.JPG

2019-09-02 top.JPG

Modeling is almost done, only have to add a few details like some cables and screws. I'm about to start texturing.

2019-09-05 cisterna.JPG
2019-09-05 Cisterna2.JPG
2019-09-05 cisterna3.JPG

Again, not happy with the textures... But I'm getting used to not being happy with the textures lmao.

Still ahve to add the flares, apply AO to the textures and some animations to the mudflaps... but... I'm deffinitly going to re-do all the textures.

looking really good man, but fuel cisterns must be orange tho, black absorbs the heat and thus isnt safe...just a tip
it looks really god man, and it blends perfectly witht the ambient of the game, awesome work

@Forces said in 3D modeling topology.:

looking really good man, but fuel cisterns must be orange tho, black absorbs the heat and thus isnt safe...just a tip
it looks really god man, and it blends perfectly witht the ambient of the game, awesome work

Also must be labeled "firely dangerous"... LOL

@Forces Thanks for the tip! The initial idea was to make it chromed as this one:

alt text

But I haven't been able to accomplish a decent chromed material in Mudrunner (something like the AW DLC trucks). Not even for the front grill and bumper, so...

But I'm thinking on texture it close the style of the one and only enterprize from my country that handles Oil & Gas bussiness. It's called CUPET which stands for "Cuba Petroleo"

alt text

alt text

@Mexican_420 It's there! Check the red label that says "Inflamable" which stands for "Flamable" in Spanish 👅

Well, now I'm starting to like it:
32b6433b-3098-4bb5-96e8-cb66cf5b7d54-imagen.png

But once I load it into the game, the color look washed out.

Captura.JPG

I've played around with the specular map and found out that it can also have color that have an influence of the saturation of the image in-game, but I have no clue how to set it up. Best I found so far is that inverting the red makes it less whashed out, but still is bad. The green is better when left as green and the white, is more neutral when set to blue. Why? no clue. I'm basically shooting in the dark.

(Sorry for the text overlay. Heard there are some thiefs inthe neighborhood 👀 )

This is my diffuse map:
Cisterna_PipaMain_D.jpg

And my Specular:
Cisterna_PipaMain_S.jpg

@Forces I was hopping you migh know what´s this about.

the specular is a desaturated copy of your model (basics) now if you want to add more details to it in substance you need to work them in pbr mode, and your roughness is your specular (in Spintires works the oposite way as in substance) so lighter is shinny and darker is matte