Developers, why are you adding a joke mode instead of a real mode?

@MarksmanMax said in Developers, why are you adding a joke mode instead of a real mode?:

Depends on where you hit. Arm shots were insanely lethal, and leg shots weren't too far behind.

In Sandstorm, you have to shoot someone's foot eight times with an MP7 to kill them.

Not that this is necessarily relevant to good game play: but in real life it is literally impossible to instantly kill someone with any number of gunshots to a lower extremity.

@MAA_Bunny said in Developers, why are you adding a joke mode instead of a real mode?:

Not that this is necessarily relevant to good game play: but in real life it is literally impossible to instantly kill someone with any number of gunshots to a lower extremity.

I mean, yeah, but Ins2014's specialty was high lethality. I mean, I can't think of any game with more lethality than Ins2014.

I totally agree, there are plenty of things to improve before considering adding this kind of "noob weird" modes.
The community is great, mature, your game is really nice and beyond that, unique in is positioning: realistic but easy to get in.

I would like collision improvement (Stop being stuck in small elements or colleagues, be able to jump naturally over a rock,...), general bug fixing (smoke issue, etc)

Anyway, according to the video I saw, you have already spent time on it and I'm a bit concerned about this game future...and I might reconsider buying your next game depending on how you take care of this one.

@MAA_Bunny said in Developers, why are you adding a joke mode instead of a real mode?:

@MarksmanMax said in Developers, why are you adding a joke mode instead of a real mode?:

Depends on where you hit. Arm shots were insanely lethal, and leg shots weren't too far behind.

In Sandstorm, you have to shoot someone's foot eight times with an MP7 to kill them.

Yeah but irl if you shoot someone in the leg, he won't marathon sprint to you dodging bullets slapping you across the face before executing you with a 360 noscope headshot.
This might be a bit extreme, but don't tell me you haven't heard of the ridiculous bot accuracy, where they instantly hit you.

I'm okay with no extreme lethality as long as the bots AND PLAYERS react to being shot in a way, that they are "disabled" for a moment. You don't fucking run with a gunshot wound, no matter where you were hit.

Partly true. If you shoot someone eight times in the leg, he will probably die of blood loss rather quickly. Especially if you hit the femoral artery.

The thing is that Sandstorm doesn't have the same realism level as Escape from Tarkov, so injuries are simply not simulated. The game needs lethality when hitting arms and legs to avoid tedious and arcadey moments.
Either that, or upgrade realism to a point where the whole game feels totally different from its predecessor.

@Grumf said in Developers, why are you adding a joke mode instead of a real mode?:

Either that, or upgrade realism to a point where the whole game feels totally different from its predecessor.

I mean, right now, Sandstorm already feels way different from its predecessor. I'd rather have Sandstorm lean more towards realism than arcade at the end of the day.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@MarksmanMax What I meant was Sandstorm either needs to behave like Ins2014 (high lethality) for more enjoyable gameplay, or like Escape From Tarkov for ultra-realism that makes it credible to be shot 6 times in the leg and deal with limping + blood loss. It would fundamentaly change the game, but at least it would make sense.

@Grumf said in Developers, why are you adding a joke mode instead of a real mode?:

@MarksmanMax What I meant was Sandstorm either needs to behave like Ins2014 (high lethality) for more enjoyable gameplay, or like Escape From Tarkov for ultra-realism that makes it credible to be shot 6 times in the leg and deal with limping + blood loss. It would fundamentaly change the game, but at least it would make sense.

Yeah, at least the game made some sense in the CTA days.

Ironically, the CTA originally had a movement system much like the current one in-game, but I was even talking to Mikee who was saying that something seemed off, so they bumped the acceleration/deceleration so it happened much faster and it was much closer to Ins2014 movement than before. Then, a few months later, they basically reverted this change for some reason.

Partly true. If you shoot someone eight times in the leg, he will probably die of blood loss rather quickly. Especially if you hit the femoral artery.

Yes. Though even a severed femoral artery in the lower leg is going take a pretty long time within the context of a gunfight to cause someone to loose consciousness - potentially up to a minute. A severed radial artery in a lower arm would take even longer. So I'm OK with needing 6-8 hits to a lower extremity to cause someone to "die."

I totally agree there should be effects for taking rounds to the arms or legs. It'd also be cool to see a total rework of the damage system where only a hit to the head or center chest would be instantly fatal, anything else would start a countdown timer of between 10 seconds and 5 minutes depending on hit location until you pass out. You could have first aid kits that would allow you to stop the timer if used in time. I realize this would totally change the feel of the game, and maybe not for the better, it would also totally change the armor meta as any gunshot to any part of the body would be fatal eventually.

I think it is fun. Hardcore is for the more serious players. I have played tactical shooters since the genre was born, and Insurgency: Sandstorm is no joke. I play this game more than anything else. I have very few complaints about the game. Even the sniper molotovs are a minor annoyance.