Another stupid feature!

Really at it again eh!! Why in the hell would a dead guy be rolling around screaming? Jesus Christ guys. Decided to play a little first time in a while and I die because I’m busy trying to decide what the fuck I’m looking at and realize it’s a dead guy on the ground who even though is dead is rolling around and screaming... I mean cooooommmeee ooooon... Smfh

Ahaha god watching dead bodies flop around is funny.. for a second than its pure stupidity. Ever notice in pictures and videos of dead soldiers from wars there almost always face down? Pretty sure there’s a reason for that guys...

They aren't dead yet. They are wounded and dying. Shoot them one more time and they will stop moving.

@mlb7 Oh ok well fair enough I guess I still think it’s over kill. Once and a while wouldn’t be the end of the world but every single person that I guess “goes down” flops around? I would just like to add on top of this I shoot the shit out of people because that what it takes to drop people in this game sometimes so even though I put six bullets in them - to not have them flail around I need to put a seventh or eighth bullet into what should be a very extremely goddamn dead body...

@planetcanada said in Another stupid feature!:

Really at it again eh!! Why in the hell would a dead guy be rolling around screaming? Jesus Christ guys. Decided to play a little first time in a while and I die because I’m busy trying to decide what the fuck I’m looking at and realize it’s a dead guy on the ground who even though is dead is rolling around and screaming... I mean cooooommmeee ooooon... Smfh

Ahaha god watching dead bodies flop around is funny.. for a second than its pure stupidity. Ever notice in pictures and videos of dead soldiers from wars there almost always face down? Pretty sure there’s a reason for that guys...

@mlb7 Oh ok well fair enough I guess I still think it’s over kill. Once and a while wouldn’t be the end of the world but every single person that I guess “goes down” flops around? I would just like to add on top of this I shoot the shit out of people because that what it takes to drop people in this game sometimes so even though I put six bullets in them - to not have them flail around I need to put a seventh or eighth bullet into what should be a very extremely goddamn dead body...

@planetcanada I like the feature. They, (NWI) even made a comment of executing them to put them out of their misery to show your teammate you are not without mercy. Is it needed? no. Is it something that makes one think even if only for a moment? Yes, it does and quite frankly I think it's an awesome feature to have in a time where people blame video game violence on the violence in the media that happens at schools and malls, etc. So instead of going "overkill" with that "type" of response, you chose to post regarding this give it a bit more thought.

Edit - tested they don't all flop around when they go down, that would be an exaggeration. If they are fatally injured, they don't move.

last edited by Max80

You get used to it. Most people seemed to like it when they first put it in. There are times that make you think someone is still alive, but that's kind of interesting in itself.

@max80 I get what your saying and I understand your point of view. Maybe I need to stop taking this game so seriously but it’s tough when they brag about how realistic it is. Yet to me it would seem like it’s leaning much more towards being a silly, casual, shits and giggles kind of shooter. Not that that’s a bad thing... In regards to your last statement I’m pretty sure I shot a guy with the G3 right in the face and he did go down on said face then proceeded to scream and do a full complete barrel roll. Maybe I’m mistaken. But anyways ohh well like I said I’m not saying they should remove it but rather maybe just take it down a notch because it seemed to me like it was happening pretty much all the time which kind of killed the comedic value for me and became quite annoying. That’s just me... At the same time I didn’t think the blood pool size needed decreasing. The more the merrier IMO and same for the exploding bodies lol I would much rather see lots of flying limbs etc.. as opposed to flopping and rolling bodies lol once again probably just me.

Maybe I need to stop taking this game so seriously but it’s tough when they brag about how realistic it is. Yet to me it would seem like it’s leaning much more towards being a silly, casual, shits and giggles kind of shooter.

This feature is actually a lot more realistic than people instantly falling to the ground stone dead. It's actually quite difficult to instantly kill a human: the only way to accomplish it is to destroy the brain or land a hit high on the spinal column (and the skull is a lot tougher than most give it credit for). Most combat casualties are caused by blood loss, which is not instant. It can take 30 seconds to several minutes to loose consciousness from severe bleeding. There's also a "zombie effect" where someone who's blood pressure has dropped from bleeding enough to cause them to pass out, then recovers as they regain blood pressure because they're now on the ground.

It's why military CQB teaches putting a bullet in downed bad guys as you overtake them, to make sure they stay down and won't later become a threat at your rear. It's called an "anchoring shot."

I actually had this on my mod list for the last game for a while.

In real life, going past a downed enemy, we're trained to do a contact shot where the muzzle is placed right on the forehead and fired to ensure a kill.

I didn't add it because I didn't think it worked in a game where aiming down for a half second can be deadly, and I didn't think that most players would appreciate such a grisly detail.

Maybe I was wrong, but it'd be nice if it were a toggled option so that players who don't want to see it don't have to.

If your claiming to put 7/8 shots of a rifle into someone on this game your missing lolol

@fastrax What’s really lolol is the fact that in a game that literally only ever takes 1 or 2 bullets to actually drop someone regardless of if that’s realistic or not I almost never seem to miss for some strange reason... Hmmm so weird 🤔. But cool story bro!

@fastrax Also lolol how in this game though wearing heavy armour and say running across a street I sometimes take several bullets and don’t go down! Good god those misses sting... Juuust saying!

Define several bullets? Your saying you take 5/6/7 hits and don’t go down? I’d check your internet out don’t get me wrong I’ve taken 1/2 hits with heavy armour and almost been dead but never “several”

@fastrax My internet is just fine with download speeds of up to 130 Mb/s with very little issues on my service providers end. It’s not cheap either. As for “Define several” instead I suggest your look up the actual definition in the dictionary... Either way I really don’t care!