Can't attach american addons to the GMC truck

For some weird reason, I can't attach american addons such as "Log carriage" and "Fuel Cistern" to the new GMC truck. Instead, it displays the russian versions. Any one else having this issue? I have already uninstalled all my mods.
0_1556658538342_Sin título.jpg
0_1556658545075_Sin título2.jpg

All other trucks work fine. Only american addons I can attach to the GMC are "Medium Log Trailer", "Long Cart Hitch" and "Long Log Cart"

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1
Works as designed i would say.

My guess is they want just old looking attachments for this old lady.
I‘m fine with that.

@alpscruiser said in Can't attach american addons to the GMC truck:

@deathcoreboy1
Works as designed i would say.

My guess is they want just old looking attachments for this old lady.
I‘m fine with that.

American log carriage looks pretty old school to me. I find it immersion breaking to use russian addons on american trucks.

@deathcoreboy1 I noticed this too. Another sign that this was a low-effort DLC. They didn't even bother attaching the American fuel cisterns to this truck.

I haven't looked at the new stuff yet but iirc you can't add AW attachments to other vehicles and you can't add russian/other attachments to the AW vehicles. Since AW something outside of the xml is dictating what you can do with some addons and vehicles.

A workaround is to copy the addon xml and rename it, I did this with all the AW addons so I could experiment with them on other vehicles. Add the new names to the strings and the only difference is there are two of every addon on the AW trucks (or change the installsockets etc as well).

You could even delete the originals but this would mean trucks spawn on maps without the intended addon attached so it's not really worth it imo. I think it all works with the trucks as well but again renaming the file means it won't spawn on maps and making a copy will just be a separate truck rather than a replacement.

@unster Nor did they put a pintle hitch on the back of the 3100 for the trailers...

yeah same with me even tho i have AW dlc

I've attached the AW addons to the GMC, so it should work for everyone!? The original addons as well, not via the method I posted above.

To continue on from my previous post, it seems the new vehicles are unique in that they accept USA, Russian and other addons. Russian trucks still can't take USA addons and USA trucks still only accept USA addons.

I've made an unloaded version of the new loaded log cart, it attaches to the new Chevy and the UAZ etc but because it's technically an 'other' addon, it doesn't attach to the AW 4x4s. Very frustrating lol. And in a further twist, the Chevy's garage parts trunk does attach to the F150!