Free DLC Old-Timers Out Today!

@deathcoreboy1 said in Free DLC Old-Timers Out Today!:

@slowoffroad said in Free DLC Old-Timers Out Today!:

Hi,

New old timer dlc is not good.
Reason.
trees can't drive by truck and Garage can't get carry stuff.

Or Traditional game system better.
in the old way to play and do is more !

Good.
the map itself

I hope next time come back
Garage transportand Get Truck Parts
truck is driven by trees
free world
rock map.

Still mudrunner best Off-Road game, Thanks.

Couldn't get a sentence from this. I mean "truck is driven by trees"?? I'm sure he did not want to say that.

@deathcoreboy1 looks like classic Google Translate to me. i am probably a bit off here, but.....

"dlc is not good"
"can not load trucks with logs and no garage to get attachments"
"old system is better and allows you to do more"
"the map itself is good"
hopefully next time he plays it is fixed. garage, attachments, lumber loading"

"free roam with more rocky terrain" i figure is the last bit.

"MR best thanks" šŸ˜„

@8up-local Wow! thanks for the translation bro! hahahaha
I haven't played the new DLC yet but I have read somany bad reviews of it. How do you feel about it man? I want to finish a mod map I'm doing before actually diving into it.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

I also feel that this DLC was a low-effort update to the game, but since it's free we can't really complain. The 2 new vehicles even use the same engine sounds as the Bison & K5 from AW. And a front-wheel drive pickup? Is that a real thing? Never heard of such thing until now.

While a lot of issues remain unfixed (clipping, underpowered D-538, missing front suspension on Bison, etc.) they did fix the force feedback finally. And I'd say they almost fixed the automatic, but hardly really. It still likes to jump down to 1st gear in many situations. Anyway, nothing in this update makes me want to go back to MR after experiencing the new ST.

last edited by Unster

@deathcoreboy1 I tested it myself extensively, and we can still drive trucks by the trees. I'd say it's preferable to drive by the trees, as driving through them can be problematic.

@grubdumpling said in Free DLC Old-Timers Out Today!:

@deathcoreboy1 I tested it myself extensively, and we can still drive trucks by the trees. I'd say it's preferable to drive by the trees, as driving through them can be problematic.

LMAO! I was picturing it differently in my mind. I was thinking on replacing the driver by a tree! lol

@deathcoreboy1 yeah I'm just goofing off, haha, we could interpret that post a few different ways, no offense to the poster, BTW.

Overall I like the update. Here is my points on it.

• The GMC DW950 is amazing, I was worried this thing would have no traction like the AW trucks, but it actually felt really good. Feels a lot closer to the C-256 then the AW rigs.

• Looks like they maybe of messed up the Napco drive train, but since we're using 4WD or AWD nearly all the time unless we're on a road anyway, I can live with it. I'd prefer it to be fixed and proper, but I can live with it. Overall the truck is very nice.

• The map is amazing, I really enjoyed it a lot. Hills, mud, forests, quite a fun map. Like with The Ridge which removed Log Kiosk and only had Salvage, it looks like they tried to do something different again giving us pre-loaded trailers. However they should of had some semi-trailers pre-loaded, there is nothing for the 950 or any other big truck to do in this map.

• A example of Mudrunner 2? We've all heard the reports saying Mudrunner 2 has overhauled the loading system and made it easier. Could this be a example of they meant? Maybe we won't have manual loading in Mudrunner 2, maybe we'll just have to drive to certain locations, pick up a trailer and deliver it?

@justinlynch3 said in Free DLC Old-Timers Out Today!:

A example of Mudrunner 2? We've all heard the reports saying Mudrunner 2 has overhauled the loading system and made it easier. Could this be a example of they meant? Maybe we won't have manual loading in Mudrunner 2, maybe we'll just have to drive to certain locations, pick up a trailer and deliver it?

I was playing it and thinking the same thing. I hope it is not because manually loading the stuff is one of the hardcore features of this game I like.
I don't hate this concept thoug, but I don't like loaded carts spawned randomely around the map without knowing how or why they got there. If I'm picking up a loaded cart, I want it to be in a place that makes sense, like near a couple of sawed trees and a crane or something.

@deathcoreboy1 said in Free DLC Old-Timers Out Today!:

@justinlynch3 said in Free DLC Old-Timers Out Today!:

A example of Mudrunner 2? We've all heard the reports saying Mudrunner 2 has overhauled the loading system and made it easier. Could this be a example of they meant? Maybe we won't have manual loading in Mudrunner 2, maybe we'll just have to drive to certain locations, pick up a trailer and deliver it?

I was playing it and thinking the same thing. I hope it is not because manually loading the stuff is one of the hardcore features of this game I like.
I don't hate this concept thoug, but I don't like loaded carts spawned randomely around the map without knowing how or why they got there. If I'm picking up a loaded cart, I want it to be in a place that makes sense, like near a couple of sawed trees and a crane or something.

Yea I agree. As long as loads make sense I wouldn't be entirely against this concept.

No no, I'm waiting for harvesters with the possibility of cutting trees in MR2, not a complete simplification of the whole system šŸ™„

@knight25 said in Free DLC Old-Timers Out Today!:

No no, I'm waiting for harvesters with the possibility of cutting trees in MR2, not a complete simplification of the whole system šŸ™„

Yes! I agree, but I was reffering to this DLC and the way they implemented it. Of course if they cut off the manual loading of cargoes, it'd be a total dissapointment. Now, regarding the possibility of cutting trees: It would be pretty awesome, but I have to say that is very unlikely for it to happen.

I gotta say, I did one playthrough and then goofed off a bunch in hardcore and I'm pretty happy with the new free stuff.

Don't get me wrong, this is not more of the same mudrunner I would have asked for, but it's not really surprising that gameplay has started leaning more towards small american trucks, as a community we have been asking for this; trail riding (insert favourite truck here) and other big dick redneck driving "sports" have been the ad nauseum chant of the loud and vocal minority here and elsewhere on teh interwebz...

Has anyone noticed if the american vehicle durability issues have been addressed? I rolled the new blue truck a couple times and drove it away once i got it back on it's wheels, and crashed the f150 right into the concrete wall around the big yellow truck, and both resulted in damage, but I haven't tried crashing things intentionally and comparing to the russian stuff...

I just wanna drag logs with my little tractor now, and I can't have that. I thought I'd one star the new map using only the b6a, but alas, see my earlier lamenting.

While MudRunner 2 is going to have a different gameplay when it comes to loading stuff, I can't help but think how much better it would be for MudRunner 1 if for each map we could customize a few options:

• choose the amount of lumber points per mill ( 8 - 12 -16);
  • choose whether we have lumber kiosks, scavenge or preloaded trailers;
  • choose whether we have garages enabled or not and how many in maps with multiple garages;

I feel that these options would greatly increase the replay value and we wouldn't need to change to a specific map if we wanted a specific way to play.

For instance this new DLC maps is very good in itself but with no garages, only one lumber mill and only preloaded trailers it's done and over very quickly and there's little point in returning to it. Also, there's little point in bringing anything over the 1 star vehicles since you couldn't attack the trailers to it.

@knight25 said in Free DLC Old-Timers Out Today!:

No no, I'm waiting for harvesters with the possibility of cutting trees in MR2, not a complete simplification of the whole system

man, i dont know why but i too always enjoyed imagining things and coming up with scenarios for maps that i knew would never come to life..

its always great to dream that these things will be included but will they? and forum is always quiet.

its like we are peasants in medieval era shouting on doors of castle for king to throw us some food and wine and occasionally they give us things we were asking for but not quiet what we wanted, and never answer any questions just go back into mighty castle and another round starts all over and over again XD

Definition of Insanity

@zamal With the greatest of respect to you, this seems to be a repeating theme in every post. Theres no question that your feedback has been read and noted but please be reasonable and recognise that there are as many ideas as there are players and the development team have a thousand priorities and strategies already on the table to keep them busy for the next few years such that they canā€™t jump and execute every players personal pipe dreams.

Again, donā€™t get me wrong, although I certainly donā€™t agree with all of them, I think a lot of your ideas and feedback are absolutely spot on and excellent. What is frustrating though is that every email ends with a snipe at the devs just not caring, or ignoring everyone etc etc, and forgive me for saying so but this is just counter productive. If I was a dev and every time I read the forum it was eighty percent hate mail I would go back to my real job and not read it again. If we kept the dialog more productive and less confrontational, we might be surprised to see more engagement.

You wouldnā€™t expect EA or Bethesda to drop their own development or release strategies for every game suggestion in a forum. Why with Focus?

I have no doubt that Focus are reading the stuff here and where it makes sense to do so, they would be stupid not to act. And they arenā€™t stupid. What they are is busy.

Letā€™s wait and see what Mudrunner 2 brings before we judge them too harshly and what they did and didnā€™t listen to. I suspect we will see a lot of community based feedback (certainly not all) will have been considered.

The best way we can be a positive influence on this forum is by creating an environment in which the dev team may want to engage. I donā€™t think weā€™re there at the moment and picking away at old wounds and grievances isnā€™t helping any.

Again zamal, please forgive me if this sounded a bit direct, I have no more voice or rights here than anyone. Itā€™s just that I really value intelligent dialogue and discussion which many, including you, bring but unfortunately sometimes (and I can be just as guilty of this too) the good stuff and most important points gets lost amongst all the negativity and name calling.

Hope you understand this is sent with full respect and best intentions

@zoglet Good point, but that's not really the situation here. Many times I have asked a question or raised an issue politely and professionally only to be ignored. Focus & Saber could definitely work on their communication. At least be as good at it and responsive as Oovee. Over there we see the occasional hate mail too but it's generally ignored and/or deleted and the devs still engage with the forum, which is nice to see.

@unster I donā€™t disagree mate, but without being a fly on the wall, itā€™s hard to know what factors are in play. In the end, we are all here because we are passionate about the game and care about its future.

In the short time that Iā€™ve been around, I have seen efforts to add content, create new game modes, create american themed content, and engage with manufacturers to get known brand makes and models into the game. This is all stuff the community have been asking for, so I find it odd that we still see complaints because Focus havenā€™t implemented -every- idea ever posted just yet.

Complaints still vary from ā€˜This game would be better if it was redesigned into a totally different game, ā€œI canā€™t select my 2008 Ford Fiesta in mustard yellowā€, ā€œI preferred it when truck x had the correct grille shapeā€, and if a suggestion wasnā€™t implemented by their next update, out comes the cry of they just donā€™t care.

Anyway weā€™ve strayed off topic enough so I reckon Iā€™m going back into lurk mode for a while, lets see. I guess the fundamental problem that bothers me most is the more time I spend here, the more Iā€™m beginning to think Iā€™m getting too old to post on internet forums šŸ˜‚

last edited by zoglet

@zoglet Content is plentiful in MR, that's never been the issue for me. What I had in mind are bugs and issues, especially those that I reported. The response has been very slow at best and usually non-existent. Some issues did get fixed eventually, but not most. More content seems to be where the focus has been, not bug fixing.

@unster @zamal @zoglet Although I understand what @zoglet means, I gree with @Unster that this is not the case. I've been here since this forum started and have posted and read a thousand posts. While the devs at Saver are working, the cominity management team at Focus on this forum has the only job to gather feedback and try to mediate between us and the devs. So keep in mind that when somebody from the staff here replies, it's not a developer from Saver, it is rather a community manager from focus and this is his job. Of course the devs are busy, but, are the community managers?

We had plenty of communication before even with @Pavel (Lead Dev) but a few weeks afer the game launched, they have seemed to go quieter and quieter. We always hear newf from other sources rather from official channels, like the first artworks and info about AW DLC we got from this VK social network or whathever it is. @Pavel went gost (and I can understand why. I even preffer him actually developping than reading this forum) long ago.

Anyways, @zamal has a point and I don't think this here is a toxic community. We're only begging for the game to grow and for somebody to talk to us. At leat to say "X thing is not on plans to be developped as of now" or whatever.

BTW, Betheshda and specially EA are not good examples of good community based developpers IMO.