Today, we’re massively excited to announce the release of our fourth major patch, bringing a new mode to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2.
Get ready for the Massive Fleet Mode, allowing players an insane 4000 points to build their fleet! For the first time, players will go head to head using the legendary Titan ships for untold destruction. We can’t wait to see of the kinds of new compositions players will come up with in this mode. Please keep in mind that this mode is not balanced and the minimum system requirements for the game do not apply to this mode.
We also have a huge list of bug fixes and balancing, along with a lot of reworks! Much of this is thanks to you, our community’s, feedback. It’s been an invaluable help, so thank you all! Please see the patch log below for all the specifics!
As you can see in our development Roadmap, big things are on the way. Our next major update will include a whole new Grand Campaign! We can’t wait to unveil more about this to you all!
Please continue to share your suggestions - we carefully read our Steam community hub and official forum. You can also join our Discord to meet fellow players and get the latest news from the team: https://discord.gg/fqpAG2D
To show off the new update, we are holding a livestream tonight at 18:00 CEST on the Focus Home Interactive Twitch Channel. Join the devs and see how they handle 4000 points of power!
End of Season 1
After a long and bloody campaign, a winner for the first competitive season has been declared – Congratulations to Solaire! Well done!
He will enjoy a trip to Warhammer Fest, which will take place on the 10-12th of May. We will contact Solaire to let him know of the news. Thank you to everyone who competed! All those who earned them will receive their portrait and frame rewards later today!
But remember: war is eternal, and Season 2 will soon be upon us.
Tomorrow, on the 25th of April at 12:00 noon, the struggle begins anew! Portraits, frames, achievements, and glory await, so ready your fleets, admirals. And don’t forget to check the complete rules.
New Major Feature:
- Titan ships / Massive fleets Mode - available in skirmish mode!
Reworks and additions:
- Micro Warp Jump now takes time to cast, just like the Warp Out skill
- Micro Warp Jump now has charges (standard -1 by tonnage)
- Micro Warp Jump can now be cancelled by an assault action
- Changed Call To Arms from a flat -1 troop damage to halving troop damage.
- Claws, Tentacles, Torpedoes, and Novas are now in the same category as gen/deck/engines rather than weapons one in terms of not being subject to 25% chance of redcrit (Making them more resilient).
- Added a new UI element showing which squadron belongs to which ship when hovering over recall skill.
- There are now at least 3 Asteroid Fields and 3 Gas Fields on each battle map
- Reload now affects the Strikecraft skills cooldown
- Asteroid damage increased from 4 to 6
- Power ram upgrade reduced from 0.5 to 0.25
- Admech Mars Pattern Reactor Fields: has now a longer cooldown, but unlimited charges
- Domination mode is now deactivated by default in skirmish
- New specific explosion FX for Ael ships
- Improvement on Tyranids shields FX and collision blood
- Increase Plasma Macro Velocity on IN/AM/SM by +25% (2000 to 2500)
- Wrecking ball can now target within a 45 degree frontal arc
- Bioplasma shots now go through holofields
- Escort ships now automatically trigger their "spore explosion" on death
- Tracking Sense now gives lances +4.500 range
- Slowing Zzaps skill : the skill can now being stacked, and it’s duration has been decreased from 2 to 1
- Tractor Beam skill: Make it move ships the same total distance, but do it faster and for a lower duration.
- Slowing Zzaps skill : the skill can now being stacked, and it’s duration has been decreased from 2 to 1
- Now have crew regen only in Reactive Hull Shift stance
- A Necron version of Vaul’s Maneuver replaces Pyramidal Reconstruction as technical skill (Pyramidal is now given to the Admiral Ship by default)
- Hull Cauterization duration is now determined by the ship’s tonnage
- Pyramidal reconstruction now only repairs to the very next step (red to yellow, yellow to clear) instead of a full repair
- Castelan upgrade now gives +3 troop damage instead of +1
- Gravity Wave Projector now applies the same force whatever the ship’s tonnage and is now also applies to allied ships.
- Changed Kauyon effect from "Exceptional accuracy in stealth" to "when stealthed OR inside a nebula or asteroid field, gain +4.500 range on all weapons, and Exceptional accuracy on standard weapons”.
- Water Caste now provides a bravery bonus rather than an immunity to mutiny.
- Fixed crash in Tyranids vs Orks skirmish battles
- Fixed a crash at multiplayer battle start if a player had selected a ship equipped with the Kannon or * Experimental Railgun skills
- Imperial Navy: Fixed a random crash when using the fleets formations
- Dark Eldar spawn the correct portal loading FX when using Micro Warp Jump
- Necron wreck meshes appearing and disappearing when exploding are now better synchronized
- Drukhari: Vaul's maneuver now maintains the ship’s stealth for 2 seconds
- Fixed the skill GUI that sometimes had overlapping icons when selecting several fleets
- The guest had all their ships’ skills greyed after using a Micro Warp Jump
- Changing the ship troops step after canceling an Emergency Warp Jump was reducing its cooldown
- Corrected number of stacks on ordnance skills for Space Stations
- Asuryani Lascannons were not behaving like Starcannon despite their common FX
- A warning was displayed in the Return Ordnance skill
- Bastion and Koronus fleet colors were inverted
- Demiurg beams don't charge from ship wreckage
- The player’s portrait now no longer needs to be reselected between multiplayer battles.
- Pyro Acid weapons can only cause fire on full damage and collateral damage crits
- Drukhari: Applied a 2 second grace period before maxed Shadowfield starts degrading
- Resurrection orb only restores 1 crew to hulked ships
- Drukari: The +50% prow ramming upgrade was not working
- Tyranid Hiveship Delta & Gamma: Super Heavy Pyroacid Artillery was aiming the wrong way
- Tyranid: a skill was allowing the stacking of more than the maximum ship’s ordnance capacity.
- Tyranid: Ships with Massive Claws equipped didn’t have their default engagement distance set to 0
- In the filter menu, the Domination Areas checkbox wasn’t working properly
- The player was able to use the Micro Warp Jump while charging the Nova Cannon or Cannon Grav
- Destroying a ship by ramming it was triggering an unexpected FX
- Eldar: the Environmental Energy Drain upgrade was not working properly
- The Necron Defence Platforms were hard to select (hitbox too small)
- Ships using simultaneously Burn Retro + Auto-Engagement were sometimes going forward
- Space Marines / Adeptus Mechanicus: the Disruption Overcharge upgrade was not properly working on the Holofields/Shadowfields.
- Skirmish: The guest in co-op wasn’t able to identify Interfering Signals
- During the intro cinematic, the camera was showing deployment area elements
- It was possible to accidentally scuttle by clicking on invisible GUI
- Fixed an issue with the required level to pick skills and upgrade in the deployment screen
- Screens biggers than 1920x1080 were displaying an incorrect GUI
- Orks Nova Cannon did not turn invisible when a ship entered stealth
- Tyranid Hook Tentacles skill: Destroying a ship that was using this skill displayed a vertical tentacle on the map
- The Fire Aboard skill icon was not automatically disappearing after an Emergency Repair
- The Emergency Warp Jump skill was not influenced by the cooldown increase due to the troop steps switch
- Eldar: The Spirit Crystal Lenses upgrade was not always working against Holofields.
- Imperial Navy Light Cruiser Dauntless cost has been increased from 116 to 120
- Imperial Navy Light Cruiser Dauntless MKII cost has been increased from 120 to 126
- Imperial Navy Light Cruiser Endeavor cost has been increased from 94 to 97
- Imperial Navy Light Cruiser Endurance cost has been increased from 90 to 93
- Imperial Navy Cruiser Dictator cost has been decreased from 181 to 176
- Imperial Navy Cruiser Dominator cost has been increased from 178 to 188
- Imperial Navy Cruiser Tyrant cost has been increased from 169 to 171
- Imperial Navy Cruiser Lunar cost has been increased from 157 to 160
- Imperial Navy Battle Cruiser Overlord cost has been increased from 216 to 220
- Imperial Navy Battle Cruiser Armageddon cost has been increased from 210 to 216
- Imperial Navy Grand Cruiser Exorcist cost has been decreased from 308 to 300
- Imperial Navy Battleship Emperor cost has been decreased from 351 to 343
- Imperial Navy heavy Macro battery weapon damage increased from 18 to 21
- Imperial Navy Plasma Macro Battery Weapon damage increased from 15 to 18
- Imperial Navy heavy Macro Turret weapon damage increased 18 to 21
- Imperial Navy heavy Plasma Macro battery weapon damage increased 18 to 21
- Imperial Navy Macro battery weapon damage increased from 18 to 21
- Imperial Navy Heavy Macro Turret weapon damage increased from 18 to 21
- Imperial Navy Double Barrel Light Macro Turret weapon damage increased from 6 to 7
- Imperial Navy Light Macro Battery weapon damage increased from 6 to 7
- Imperial Navy Light Macro Turret weapon damage increased from 6 to 7
- Imperial Navy Double Barrel Heavy Lance Turret weapon damage increased from 12 to 15
- Imperial Navy Heavy Lance Battery weapon damage increased from 12 to 15
- Imperial Navy Lance Battery weapon damage increased from 12 to 15
- Imperial Navy Lance Turret weapon damage increased from 12 to 15
- Imperial Navy Light Lance Artillery weapon damage increased from 12 to 15
- Imperial Navy Super Heavy Lance Battery weapon damage increased from 12 to 15
- Adeptus Astartes Cruiser Strike Cruiser MK1 cost has been decreased from 242 to 222
- Adeptus Astartes Heavy Lance Artillery weapons goes from 24 to 32
- Adeptus Astartes Lance Turret weapons goes from 12 to 15
- Adeptus Mechanicus Heavy Lance Battery Weapons goes from 18 to 21
- Adeptus Mechanicus Lance Battery Weapons goes from 18 to 21
- Adeptus Mechanicus Lance Turret Weapons goes from 18 to 21
- Adeptus Mechanicus Light Lance Turret Weapons goes from 18 to 21
- Adeptus Mechanicus Macro Battery Weapons goes from 18 to 21
- Adeptus Mechanicus Plasma Heavy Macro Battery Weapons goes from 18 to 21
- Adeptus Mechanicus Plasma Macro Battery Weapons goes from 15 to 18 damage
- Chaos Cruiser Carnage cost has been decreased from 183 to 178
- Chaos Cruiser Murder cost has been decreased from 173 to 168
- Chaos Cruiser Devastation cost has been decreased from 203 to 193
- Chaos Battle Cruiser Hades cost has been decreased from 200 to 195
- Chaos Battle Cruiser Styx cost has been decreased from 279 to 269
- Chaos Grand Cruiser Retaliator cost has been decreased from 300 to 280
- Chaos Battleship Despoiler cost has been decreased from 347 to 320
- Chaos Plasma Double Barrel Heavy Lance Artillery Weapons damage increased from 4 to 5
- Chaos Plasma Double Barrel Heavy Lance Battery Weapons damage increased from 4 to 5 Chaos Plasma
- Double Barrel Lance Battery Weapons damage increased from 4 to 5
- Chaos Plasma Double Barrel Lance Turret Weapons damage increased from 4 to 5
- Chaos Plasma Light Lance Artillery Weapons damage reduced from 12 to 16
- Chaos Plasma Quad Barrel Super Heavy Lance Artillery Weapons damage increased from 8 to 16
- Tau Battleship Custodian cost has been decreased from 468 to 467
- Necron Cruiser Scythe Harvester cost has been decreased from 291 to 276
- Necron Cruiser Scythe Ruiner cost has been decreased from 359 to 344
- Necron Cruiser Scythe Reaper cost has been decreased from 357 to 342
- Necron Escort and Light cruiser HP regen goes from 0.75 to 0.35
- Necron Battle Cruiser HP regen goes from 1 to 0.75
- Necron Grand Cruiser HP regen goes from 1.25 to 1
- Necron Battleship HP regen goes from 1.5 to 1
- Tyranid Escort Caustic Drone cost has been decreased from 36 to 29.
- Tyranid Escort Strangler Drone cost has been decreased from 34 to 27.
- Tyranid Escort Bio Plasma Drone cost has been decreased from 36 to 29.
- Tyranid Escort Corrosive Vanguard cost has been decreased from 41 to 33.
- Tyranid Escort Strangler Vanguard cost has been decreased from 42 to 34.
- Tyranid Escort Corrosive Kraken cost has been decreased from 55 to 45.
- Tyranid Escort Clutch Kraken cost has been decreased from 42 to 39.
- Tyranid Escort Strangler Kraken cost has been decreased from 48 to 38.
- Tyranid Escort Bio Projectile Kraken cost has been decreased from 41 to 30.
- Tyranid Light Cruiser Acid Voidprowler cost has been decreased from 118 to 114.
- Tyranid Light Cruiser Bio Projectile Voidprowler cost has been decreased from 102 to 98.
- Tyranid Light Cruiser Bio Strangler Voidprowler cost has been decreased from 106 to 102.
- Tyranid Light Cruiser Corrosive Clutch Voidprowler cost has been decreased from 105 to - 101.
- Tyranid Light Cruiser Bio Clutch Voidprowler cost has been decreased from 104 to 100.
- Tyranid Light Cruiser Corrosive Strangler Voidprowler cost has been decreased from 107 to - 103.
- Tyranid Light Cruiser Bio Acid Voidprowler cost has been decreased from 117 to 113.
- Tyranid Light Cruiser Corrosive Projectile Voidprowler cost has been decreased from 103 to 99.
- Tyranid Cruiser Razorfiend cost has been decreased from 186 to 175.
- Tyranid Cruiser Bio Corrosive Razorfiend cost has been decreased from 185 to 171.
- Tyranid Cruiser Bio Projectile Razorfiend cost has been decreased from 171 to 161.
- Tyranid Cruiser Bio Acid Projectile Razorfiend cost has been decreased from 172 to 159.
- Tyranid Cruiser Bio Acid Razorfiend cost has been decreased from 184 to 173.
- Tyranid Cruiser Corrosive Projectile Razorfiend cost has been decreased from 173 to 163.
- Tyranid Cruiser Corrosive Infestation Razorfiend cost has been decreased from 178 to 171.
- Tyranid Cruiser Bio Infestation Razorfiend cost has been decreased from 190 to 178.
- Tyranid Battlecruiser Devourer cost has been decreased from 201 to 196.
- Tyranid Battlecruiser Bio Tentacles Devourer cost has been decreased from 221 to 205.
- Tyranid Battlecruiser Corrosive Tentacles Devourer cost has been decreased from 216 to 200.
- Tyranid Battleship Hiveship cost has been decreased from 344 to 316.
- Tyranid Battleship Bio Tentacles Hiveship cost has been decreased from 329 to 300.
- Tyranid Battleship Acid Infestation Hiveship cost has been decreased from 380 370.
- Tyranid Battleship Bio Acid Hiveship cost has been decreased from 343 to 324.
- Tyranids weapons firing rate has been increased by 25%
- Tyranid Hiveship now has the bio regeneration attribute
DRUKHARI / DARK ELDAR:
- Drukhari Battleship Mortalis Obsidian Rose cost has been decreased from 334 to 332
- Drukhari Battleship Mortalis Dying Sun cost has been increased from 316 to 333
- Drukhari Battleship Mortalis Falling Moon cost has been decreased from 334 to 333
ASURYANI / CRAFTWORLDER:
- Asuryani Battlecruiser Phoenix Ship cost has been decreased from 370 to 350
- Controlling Agripinaa system was granting a Critical Assault Chance bonus to every player’s fleet (instead of only Imperial ones)
- In the “Chosen of Abaddon” mission, several elements on some Threxos Hellbreed fleet ships were visible while being in a Gas Cloud
- During the interactive cinematic (Prologue), when the Silverdawn group goes out of the Warp, only two ships had their Warpout FX displayed
- During the Imperial Truth mission, the objectives were not validated before the victory panel
- The Corax-Pattern Plasma Drive POI upgrade (level 3) grants the Running Silent skill, but this skill was not working properly on Space Marines Cruisers
- During the prologue (mission 1), it was possible that a Chaos ship spawned at the exact spawn position of the Blackstone.
- Imperial campaign: the “BlitzRippa's Madness” end of mission panel was not correctly displaying the rewards
- The outro dialogue of the Protector of the Seventh Path was too long
- The Time Warp POI had a red icon while having a positive effect
- Silver Dawn: the grid had a display issue
- The repair bonus when controlling the Medusa sector was not working.
- The bonus when controlling the Scarus sector was increasing the Ork critics instead of decreasing it
- Controlling the Nemesis Tessera system was granting the player the wrong amount of Critical Boarding Chances
- Finishing the Pyre mission was not unlocking the Radiation Perturbation event
- Losing control of the Clausten system caused the Cadian sector to lock an incorrect upgrade
- You can now see the Vanguard force level/state with a new UI displayed under each system, without selecting it
- Devouring sectors was not affected by the resources bonus/penalty and was incorrectly applied to the whole system
- Lick the wounds: The +50% Biomass generation bonus was not affecting the Reclamation polls/Devoured Worlds
- Stalked Prey: the grid is no more visible during the outro.
- Tyranid: Synaptic Abomination skill is now permanent and maintained
- Gestation Nest now displays the correct number of white square
- Buffet: Fixed identifying Imperial Navy ships without them engaging the player
- The radiation wave tooltip was not displaying the correct value
- The Archeological Site POI was incorrectly upgradable
- On a mission success panel, the Renown gauge sometimes disappeared
- Executing a quick load during a cinematic was hiding the mouse cursor
- Reduced moral loss when chaos control a system
- The Cadian system resources bonus was applied even when the player was lost a battle
- Mines and Movement slots are now hidden in the Ship Viewer
- Several skills in the GUI (Cutting Beam, Tremor Cannon and Os Tara Cannon) were not always grayed when unavailable
- Several upgrades tagged as “Applies to all ships” were not affecting Escort ships
- Unlocking a system during the AI turn resulted in map without any system
- Temporary rewards were still displayed after several turns, even if the reward was finished and inactive
- On a Game Over panel (campaign) during a battle, the battle GUI was still displayed on top of the Game Over one
- The Radiation Wave event has been added to the Last Gasp mission
- The available Escort ships number depending on the line ships number is now the same in multiplayer as in campaign mode
- The reinforcement ships were spawning and colliding if sent to the same point on the map
- Mechanical Lifeform skill was modifying the standard resources generation, instead of the devouring resource gain
- The randomly generated fleet heroes can’t have the same name anymore
Stopping the Harvest mission: saving the Transport ships on Albitern was granting no reward
- The “Cleaning the Emperor's Realm” achievement could be obtained without finishing every annihilation arc
- The price of Vanguard Forces was not displayed in the GUI when Nemesis Tessera was controlled
- The Ancient One / The Dark Throne: the Bravery reward was not working and was not displayed in the renown panel
- Plasma Extractor POI: Combustion Gauge was not in every sector
- Shadow of the Warp POI attribute is now applied to every adjacent system
- Echoes of the Dead POI attribute is now applied to the whole Belial IV sector
- Updated the Chinchare bonus sector: now increases the number of turns added by the Spore Mine Field to an invasion by 0/1/2
- The POI Void Titan Hunterz has now its bonus effect maintained whether the system is Devoured or not
- During dialogue, ships’ overlay GUI was not displayed
- Some objectives were not correctly updated in the GUI after loading a save
- The Space Marines troops reward when controlling the Medusa sector was not working correctly
- The Detailed View option was not impacting the input on the galaxy view
- The prebattle ship selection panel is now properly filled with the default fleet
- Fixed monuments of Chaos in campaign having a wrong icon and tooltip
- When you arrived in a battle with crippled body parts, you could hear a destruction sound during the intro
- Fixed the UI for Tyranid spore mines that weren’t re-deployed on linked systems which were already touched by the spread
- Fixed Chinchare sector bonus resource applying even after a defeat
Co-op mode Fixes:
- Imperial Truth / Protector of the Seventh Path: Fixed the camera position for the guest when finishing the mission
- Protector of the Seventh Path: The guest did not have the proper sfx/vfx on the Os tara canon shot
- The Spirit Gate: The guest wasn’t seeing the warp effect
- Evacuation: Imperial ships had visual glitches for the guest at the beginning of the mission
- Imperial Truth: Eldar ships spawning displayed a visual glitch for the guest
- Fixed the Dark Throne ending
- Lost guardians: Fixed display issue of the warp FX on the iron hands ship for the guest
- Stalked Prey: Fixed a possible crash for the guest during the outro
- Last gasp: Fixed display issue on the warping-in fx for the guest
- Added a new panel when a mission required a choice of the guest
- The ready button has now two states: On/Off
- Client invitation pop up has been reskinned
- Adjustments made to co-op shortcuts
- Fixed a rare crash in scripted missions for the guest
- Fixed a possible crash with Spore Field for the guest
- The timer for the radiation waves was triggering too fast for the guest
- Fixed the bravery statistic displayed for the guest always showing at 1500
- Added a security when clicking multiple times on the battle panel in campaign
- Fixed an issue where the camera would sometimes get stuck in place for the guest
- Fixed the display on the priority target for the guest
- Fixed the feedback of slow down that was always displayed at 0% for the guest
- Fixed that the guest could not properly rotate the ships in the ship viewer
- Fixed the sound when upgrading a POI that wasn’t played for the guest
- Dialogue was sometimes not properly displayed for the guest
- Fixed ships staying invisible for the guest after they warped in
- Fixed a display issue with spawning zone after the intro in battle for the guest
- Fixed the name of the hero for the guest
- Wrath of the Primark: Fixed Guilliman ship’s orientation for the guest
- Fixed the white arrow when moving a fleet
- The guest could get blocked by saving/loading the host’s save. They can no longer save/load during the game
- The guest could not select all their ships with ctrl-a
- When switching the control of a ship between two players, the tooltips were not available directly
- At the end of some missions, the guest was not seeing the objective properly
- The tooltip of the Os Tara Cannon is now properly displayed for the guest