unban Sevrawr187

This whole situation is a bitch, to be honest.

On one end, you could argue that Sevrawr was being a complete asshat for no reason, and was abusing out-of-map exploits for the fuck of it while "claiming" that he was just trying to bring awareness to these glitches and exploits in an attempt to dodge possible game bans.

On the other, you could also argue that Sevrawr is using glitches/exploits that anyone else can use as well without having to download any kind of third-party software and that ultimately, NWI has to patch an exploit faster if one or more people are abusing it repeatedly.

Both sides of this argument have pretty solid reasoning, and I think it's really all a matter of opinion.

That being said, because it is all just opinion, I'd have to argue that I don't think Sevrawr should be banned. Ultimately, he's not doing anything that other players can't do, and if something comes down to a matter of opinion, I don't think NWI should be stepping in to make a judgment call. Once NWI makes a call like this, then the community will expect NWI to ban everyone that also abuses these exploits and that only creates a larger clusterfuck.

I also side with this because of what I'm currently doing, which is making videos of Sandstorm Cooperative and showcasing how broken the AI currently is in-game. I don't really care about "YouTube Fame" or anything. I just want to bring awareness to the issues so that NWI has more motivation to fix them faster. Sure, these videos may ultimately damage NWI's reputation, but that's kind of the point, honestly. You don't solve these kinds of issues by pushing aside the people bringing awareness to it. You resolve these issues by solving whatever the hell the problem is in the first place.

Also, I feel like everyone is partly sadist, so watching videos of people abusing insane exploits is just hilarious, at least for me.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@MarksmanMax Well no, people can't argue that he was just being an asshat and the rest you said. He was running the biggest insurgency channels on youtube and needed content for it.

last edited by CatNipples

@CatNipples said in unban Sevrawr187:

@MarksmanMax Well no, people can't argue that he was just being an asshat and the rest you said. He was running the biggest insurgency channels on youtube and needed content for it.

Of course people can argue it. Sure, you might not agree with that particular stance of it, but I'm saying that I can understand why people argue that side.

bump.
Devs, why he is banned?

@MarksmanMax said in unban Sevrawr187:

Sevrawr

I'm only gonna say one thing, which is that someone from NWI should at least comment on this. I posted game exploits before, if that's the reason he's banned, then ban me too.

@ham-cucumber said in unban Sevrawr187:

@MarksmanMax said in unban Sevrawr187:

Sevrawr

I'm only gonna say one thing, which is that someone from NWI should at least comment on this. I posted game exploits before, if that's the reason he's banned, then ban me too.

Fucking hell, I think we all use some Sandstorm exploits at some point. I know I do.

Fun fact I didn't even use them, just post them.

fdb23333-72c4-43ce-956f-91b853b40013-image.png

Like this one where you can see enemies and anticipate them. What I'm saying is that you shouldn't ban people just because the (valid) feedback comes in a different form than you like it in. In this case, making a video with reproducible steps that show the exploit and post it on youtube, rather than this forum. IF that is the reason, it's unfair. You don't like people posting these things on youtube, tough shit, honestly. For the exploits I found, I saw them every game, you literally only need to take a look at the map, go over it ingame and you could have found the shit I posted IMMEDIATELY. Same goes for the ones Sevrawr posted, albeit they are harder to find. But then again, he showed how to do it. I don't want any drama with the good folks at NWI, but bullshit needs to be called out. And not commenting is a bad move I feel.

@ham-cucumber said in unban Sevrawr187:

What I'm saying is that you shouldn't ban people just because the (valid) feedback comes in a different form than you like it in. In this case, making a video with reproducible steps that show the exploit and post it on youtube, rather than this forum. IF that is the reason, it's unfair. You don't like people posting these things on youtube, tough shit, honestly. For the exploits I found, I saw them every game, you literally only need to take a look at the map, go over it ingame and you could have found the shit I posted IMMEDIATELY. Same goes for the ones Sevrawr posted, albeit they are harder to find. But then again, he showed how to do it. I don't want any drama with the good folks at NWI, but bullshit needs to be called out. And not commenting is a bad move I feel.

Yeah, this is the problem. SevRawr didn't get banned for his exploits, I don't think. He got banned because the community wanted him banned. And that's scary.

The community already has a lot of power with the game's direction, but New World shouldn't let the community decide who can and can't play the game.

Oh yea. TotalBiscuit has made a video on why he doesn't take requests. It really explains this issue really well, and the logic can definetely be applied to the development of a game as well. However Mikee is a smart boi and from what I got on his stream he understands this issue, and as far as he explained it, the development decisions aren't community ruled, only the direction the development takes, for example adding hardcore mode, night maps etc. But the whole hipfire thing for example annoys me, but to be fair, if I get what I want, which is the removal of the SVD and MK14 from the Advisor, people that only use these guns WILL be pissed off. But fuck em. They can lie in a fucking corner for all I care, it's what they do best anyway.

Guy was an asshole, let em stay banned.

his videos were funny af, it's not cool to get perma-banned even if you think he's douche, let this ban be a temp-ban by unbanning sevrawr..

thats screenshot from his video.
Guess we should ask Easy Anti-Cheat Support.
fcc0a490-25fb-44c1-aafe-e034d698fd25-image.png

Hello all,

Punishment for exploiting in-game bugs depends on the severity and intent of each individual case; just like reported instances of harassment, griefing or cheating.

If you want to report an exploit, there's a guide pinned to the top of these forums that will instruct you on the proper way to report issues. We'll continue to work through as many of these reports as we can.

We asked this player multiple times to stop using and making videos about unfair level exploits while the team worked on fixing them, however, he continued to abuse these exploits rather than help the team fix them. He was given a temporary ban for a few days, and then he created multiple fake accounts to get around this warning and continue to abuse spawn-camping and other level design glitches to ruin other players game, as such he got a permanent ban.