More unlockable content

I understand and appreciate the devs want to avoid the pitfalls of most games these days and they truly have.
But i think having more NOT p2w unlocks, challenges.. you know things to work towards that give you a bit of prestige. Would really help keep people invested the game and play longer and do more. Especially when it comes to the console market.

To go into a bit more detail... The decision to make all weapons available to everyone without unlocking them is a GREAT way to keep things balanced and i absolutely agree with it. But it also leaves feelings of progression and personalization lacking. There needs to be something to unlock and gain. The only thing I've gained in 500 hrs when it comes to unlocks is a few needed camouflages and a number by my name which is completely meaningless because those who play against bots progress much faster.

last edited by Turyl

@turyl what you've (hopefully) gained is enjoyment for the game and improvements to your skill. If people can't play Sandstorm for the game itself, it's doomed to fail anyway. I think the devs have many more pressing issues.

Oh I've absolutely enjoyed every minute of it! It's made me a better fps player in general. And i agree with you.

I just think it would be a good way to help keep players playing longer. Also because they want to bring it to consoles i think this would help it be more successful there.

last edited by Turyl

@turyl said in More unlockable content:

Oh I've absolutely enjoyed every minute of it! It's made me a better fps player in general. And i agree with you.

I just think it would be a good way to help keep players playing longer. Also because they want to bring it to consoles i think this would help it be more successful there.

Mods for PC should become available at some poinit, that is a Great Future for content. The fact that NWI has always been modder-friendly, and will have the Steam Workshop to handle the Modifications going to be amazing!

In regards to Consoles, i think DLC and In-Game Store implementation could be possible, and should be considered.