Questions - Xbox 1 version

One of my biggest annoyance about this game is that their are all these awesome trucks that have these unique looks and all, but they seem to perform exactly the same. Examples are the B and C series of trucks for the Russians, and like the Chevy Bison and the Ford big rigs. Is their a way to see the difference between the vehicles besides looks? Is their intentions on make the stats more varied to truly have a specialized vehicles?

Is their any ideas of adding an economy mode to the game? I really like the idea of the hardcore mode but I think what would add even more challenge is a economy that makes you pay for all the trailers, fuel, and repairs. Getting a little crazy and carried away, maybe even able to buy a Paver to lay some Asphalt or Gravel to make your own make shift roads for ease of travel.

Is their any thoughts about adding more objectives besides logs to saw mills? Like what about rocks and ores to refinery? What about driving the lumber to a city for profit?

To be honest there is pretty noticeable difference between the Chevy Bison and the Ford LTL9000 if you ask me.

The Ford has more power and can most times hold 5th gear going uphill with a load, whereas the Bison isn't as powerful and tends to stall and downshift more often. The Ford also has better tires then the slicks the Chevy runs on, and as such it's a little better offroad.

Might just be me, but I like how the Ford drives as well and finds it to be one of the best handling big rigs from the American Wilds DLC. The worst driving experience from the new trucks I'd say has to be the Western Star. That thing feels real iffy on corners for some reason.

I'm not on X1, but I am on PS4. So I'm still a console player like yourself. So both our games should be running similar stats, frame rates, etc. So I assume whatever I say should apply to the X1 just as well.

How do you feel about the Russian style trucks? The B and C series just feel exactly the same. The only real big difference I notice on American trucks is some have Dif Lock always on or optional, and some do and some dont have AWD abilities

@gunner15960 said in Questions - Xbox 1 version:

How do you feel about the Russian style trucks? The B and C series just feel exactly the same. The only real big difference I notice on American trucks is some have Dif Lock always on or optional, and some do and some dont have AWD abilities

They have differences. The B-131 is clearly the the 6X6 with the weakest engine, sometimes that thing can't even make a hill in 1+ and requires you to go into low range 1-3 gear. Although while it has the weakest engine, it also gets the most mileage out of it's fuel. The B-131 can go quite a distance per each tank of fuel.

The C-375 is possibly the most powerful of the 6X6 Russian trucks, and it has crane attachments. However I find it's a pretty heavy fuel hog in return.

The C-255 also has a very power engine and is good hauling along the road in most cases in auto. Very rarely I've ever had to shift that truck into 1+ gear. It seems to not be quite as bad on fuel as the C-375, but it still burns more then the B-131. However the C-255 excels most in off-road conditions. Usually wide tires are bad in this game as it makes trucks to floaty and they have a hard time getting traction, but for whatever reason that isn't the case with the C-255. The C-255 is quite possibly the best 6X6 in the entire game for tackling bug, mud, and just offroad in general. The thing just won't stop. From bog to mountain tops, the C-255 will get there. The C-255 is also the only 6X6 Russian truck I believe that can haul long logs, the others with that feature are 2WD.

I don't tend to use the flat nose trucks to much, however sometimes you are required to when joining random online lobbies, for example The Crossing and Deluge are 2 maps that require you to use those trucks if you join the map online after it's already started.

For them trucks, I don't really like them to much. They do have crane options which is great but I find their offroad capabilities be's lacking. For example, the Downhill map I believe it is. There is a log station right next to a fuel station, and if your going to load up there then the quickest way to the lumber mill is to go up a steep mountain trail. Now I can take a C-255 or C-375, load wood on the truck itself, then haul a trailer behind me to haul a double load of wood. And buddy stick them into 1-3 gear, diff lock on, and AWD on, and those trucks will hands down make it up that trail, no problem.

The Flat nose 6X6? It can make it, but it tends to struggle much harder and even has a good change of getting catch up and stuck on rocks that the C-255 just wouldn't care about and would just drive over. And the flat nose trucks don't really seem to be all that easy on fuel either, so I don't really see any benefit to them personally. Maybe the attachments, but like I said the C-375 has a crane as well and that's a much more capable rig then the flat nose trucks. To me they just seem to be all around the worst of the 6X6 Russian trucks.

@justinlynch3 actually the Kraz 255 is the most powerful. the Urals come a close 3rd in this party. although the Urals are the most capable in overall off road abilities and about the most useful in attachments. 100% agreed though that the Ural is a fuel hog. lol

the differences are not as easy to tell when playing most stock maps. they just do not really push the vehicles to a very high limit. hence why i like to play with stock vehicles (Urals most of all) on mod maps. until you really actually start pushing these vehicles to those upper limits they do "feel the same" i agree. however they all are different with their strong and weak points. now this is speaking of the normal stock vehicles, as for the AW dlc vehicles i have not had time to see for myself how much differences there are between the new vehicles.

last edited by A Former User

What others said. It takes time to appreciate the differences in the trucks, especially if you only play the stock maps. All trucks have different specs (mass, power, gear ratios, etc.), not just looks. The only exception may be the C-4320 and C-375 (they only look different). And even looks can make a driving difference, especially the length of a truck. Sometimes you may need just 2 more log points delivered and the trail is narrow and winding. The best choice for that scenario may be the B-130 which is the most compact log-carrying truck in the game (it has poor mud traction if the back is empty, but once you load it it performs quite well).

Keep in mind, and I didn't realize this until recently, that in the Russian models the lower the model number the bigger / more powerful the truck is in that category. So the C-255 is actually a higher model than say the C-375.

last edited by Unster

@unster said in Questions - Xbox 1 version:

What others said. It takes time to appreciate the differences in the trucks, especially if you only play the stock maps. All trucks have different specs (mass, power, gear ratios, etc.), not just looks. The only exception may be the C-4320 and C-375 (they only look different). And even looks can make a driving difference, especially the length of a truck. Sometimes you may need just 2 more log points delivered and the trail is narrow and winding. The best choice for that scenario may be the B-130 which is the most compact log-carrying truck in the game (it has poor mud traction if the back is empty, but once you load it it performs quite well).

Keep in mind, and I didn't realize this until recently, that in the Russian models the lower the model number the bigger / more powerful the truck is in that category. So the C-255 is actually a higher model than say the C-375.

But wait, there is no way in hell that the B-130 (blue, 2WD, open diff pickup truck) is a higher model then the B-131. lol

@justinlynch3 Right, I thought of that after I wrote the above. But it seems to hold true when the model numbers are far apart and the trucks belong to the same category. If they're different by only 1 or a few numbers, then it's usually a variation of the other. The B-131 is the off-road variant of the B-130.

last edited by Unster

I agree there are differences between the trucks but these aren't always apparent, only under varying terrain and load conditions.

In fairness to the dev though, the physics is very well done and there will always be challenges and compromises necessary to maintain the balance between realism and gameplay performance.

The performance gap between a high end PC, next gen 4k console (XBX/PS5), std console (XB1/PS4) and low performance console (Switch) is so vast that managing this is a job in itself. I can imagine that this will be something looked into in some detail for MR2 but for MR1, the job of porting was likely task enough.