Optics zoom suggestion

Hello!

I have a suggestion regarding the zoom level of some optics.
First of all, I praise Insurgency devs for giving us a whole lot of optics just for the sake of customization, preference and aesthetics.
However, when looking at the zoom level of said optics, one can realize the gap in the zoom levels. For example, why is there no 3X scope (with exception of the M16A2)? Personally, I don't really like the 2X combo, and I find 4X too much.
For example, if you look at the G36K, you'll see that there are FOUR 4X options of scope, but no 1.5X or 3X.

0_1548293857030_20190123233115_1.jpg

However, if you check the real parts for the G36, you'll see that the "ISM scope" actually comes in a 1.5X and in a 3X version.

0_1548294375751_G36_scope.PNG

So, to summarize, my suggestions are:

1. For the G36K, add an option to use a 1.5X ISM scope that costs 1 point and an option to use a 3X ISM scope that costs 2 or 3 points;
  2. Add a western counterpart to the PK-A, an optic that can be used across most weapons (i.e., M4A1, G3A3, M16A4, M14, and so on);
  3. Apparently the C79 is a 3.4X scope in real life, so why not round it down and make it a 3X scope? There will still be the M150, SU230 and PSO-1 left as 4X scopes.

Thank you for your attention!

I've got a similar suggestion too. 2x holographic and 2x red dot would be cool if we could switch the 1x and 2x magnification manually, as is shown in this video in the second 42: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1zumo9xIgk

As someone who likes the classic G36 look, I would also like something more practical to use than the 4x "ISM." Having a 1.5x and 3x options would be great!

"Apparently the C79 is a 3.4X scope in real life, so why not round it down and make it a 3X scope?"
That answers your own question, IMO. I'm sure my fellow Canadians also appreciate the detail.

@lolomimama said in Optics zoom suggestion:

I've got a similar suggestion too. 2x holographic and 2x red dot would be cool if we could switch the 1x and 2x magnification manually, as is shown in this video in the second 42: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1zumo9xIgk

That's a pretty good idea. Using on of the keyboard keys, we could switch between 1X and 2X zoom levels. Although I think it's a sin to mention those games here (😂), I think COD MW3 and BF4 had that feature.

@jarv said in Optics zoom suggestion:

As someone who likes the classic G36 look, I would also like something more practical to use than the 4x "ISM." Having a 1.5x and 3x options would be great!

"Apparently the C79 is a 3.4X scope in real life, so why not round it down and make it a 3X scope?"
That answers your own question, IMO. I'm sure my fellow Canadians also appreciate the detail.

I'm also a huge fan of the classic G36!
Using the C79 as a 3X scope solves one of the issues, you're right. We'd still be in the need for a western counterpart to the PK-A, for 1.5X across western weapons.

Also, considering the idea by LoloMiMama, can you imagine having the complete G36 DSM sight? Switching between the reflex sight on top (1X) to the ISM scope on the bottom (3X or 1.5X)? 🤤 If I remember correctly, the German Army has the G36A1 depicted like that on Project Reality.

Cheers!

last edited by Naabjenia

@naabjenia said in Optics zoom suggestion:

Using the C79 as a 3X scope solves one of the issues, you're right.

Haha, no, what I meant was it's a 3.4x in real life, that's why it's a 3.4x in game. I see a bunch of people playing with the CADPAT skin and running around with M16s with C79s on them, so why change the Canadian optic to be less authentic?

last edited by Jarv

@jarv Oh, I thought that in-game it was a 4X scope (as in the picture I posted above, which shows it as 4X). But, between it being 3X or 3.4X, I think 3.4X is the realistic option.

@naabjenia You're absolutely right, I just tried it in-game. I just assumed the C79 was 3.4x regardless of how it was listed but it is a 4x