Console Force Feedback Discussion

@torotoker the wheel dose in fact work. Ffb is a feature but not required to be labeled as working. I use the g920 and have no issues. I've driven military cargo vehicles lol hydraulic steering is pretty similar to how my wheel feels but Im not a big fan of strong ffb anyway

@torotoker also you have to keep in mind. Saber interactive is a very small team. They don't have 100+ employees like others such as rockstar. So for what they have brought us console players is very impressive.

@kingnightshadow

I appreciate the reply but I'm not even going to begin to get into this with you. Force feedback is broken.

@kingnightshadow said in Console Force Feedback Discussion:

@torotoker also you have to keep in mind. Saber interactive is a very small team. They don't have 100+ employees like others such as rockstar. So for what they have brought us console players is very impressive.

If you go to a restaurant that promises five star food and you pay for five star food just to be given microwaved leftovers, do you care how many cooks were in the kitchen?

Me either..

The force feedback is realistic. Your not going fast enough for it to matter even if it was stronger. That's all I was saying. Plus you can adjust the motors settings to make it stronger or weaker. Try that, maybe by default the motor is turned down on your wheel

The force feedback is realistic. Your not going fast enough for it to matter even if it was stronger. That's all I was saying. Plus you can adjust the motors settings to make it stronger or weaker. Try that, maybe by default the motor is turned down on your wheel

Look, I'm not being rude but its very clear that you don't understand force feedback. I am not going to discuss this any further with you. Have a good day.

@torotoker as you wish. May wanna actually look up how the real trucks drive before judging the ffb. It's you who know nothing about what you argue. But I don't care either way. I can drive the truck with the wheel when im not over the road driving. That's all I need.

also the issue your having sounds like it may be your steering wheel. If you can try another motor base/wheel brand. I have no issue with my Logitech g920. Try the g29/920. May fix your issue

@kingnightshadow So you do you actually have force feedback or are you saying you don't but you don't care? I can't really tell. I see ToroToker's point. His wheel only partially works with this game and it's not what he paid for. On the plus side, Pavel did mention in the other thread that FFB is something they'll work on for the next patch.

It's also important to keep in mind that some vehicles are not meant to have force feedback, for example the K-700 or the K-9000. But all vehicles whose front wheels turn should have at least some FFB as they naturally would in real life, even at low speeds if the road tilts or has holes.

last edited by Unster

@unster said in Console Force Feedback Discussion:

It's also important to keep in mind that some vehicles are not meant to have force feedback, for example the K-700 or the K-9000. But all vehicles whose front wheels turn should have at least some FFB as they naturally would in real life, even at low speeds if the road tilts or has holes.

So I think we both agree that a small truck hitting a downed tree at speed should be felt in your steering in real life and in SIM. I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.

@unster I have force feedback. It's turned to the medium I guess you could call it. Like if I hit a tree while im in 5th gear it jerks the wheel a bit but it's no where near as strong as irl. I don't wanna risk breaking my wheel trying to turn it when totally stuck lol plus im not use to arm strong steering anymore. I enjoy my lazy hydrolic/power steering lol

Something that really needs to be fixed is turning the camera while using the wheel. It gets to be annoying have to constantly hold my controller if i want to watch the wheels in the mud or the flex of the tires lol like have the paddle shifters change camera view and swing the camera to the sides, front, and back.

@unster I have force feedback. It's turned to the medium I guess you could call it. Like if I hit a tree while im in 5th gear it jerks the wheel a bit but it's no where near as strong as irl.

So maybe now you will understand that I have no force feedback. My wheel does nothing other than force back to center. There is no bump, jerk, rumble, turn, nothing.. You've proven my point that it is at the least broken for PS4 users.

If one person can show me a video or any proof of a wheel actually reacting to the terrain, on PS4, I will concede that I am wrong. But there is no such video. I haven't heard from one PS4 user they have ever had any success. I have heard a couple of reports of success on Xbox. However PS4 users don't even get a FFB settings tab in game. Only the choice to use the wheel as primary input. That allows button use and steering but no feedback in the wheel.

@torotoker said in Console Force Feedback Discussion:

So I think we both agree that a small truck hitting a downed tree at speed should be felt in your steering in real life and in SIM. I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.

Well that case is a bit more tricky. If you hit the downed tree with both wheels at once, theoretically there would be no force feedback side to side. I don't actually remember feeling FFB when running over downed trees, but I definitely feel it if the truck is leaning to one side or I'm making a turn. It's good enough for me. And I also prefer mild FFB like kingnight mentioned, and thankfully that's adjustable on the PC. I hope they fix the FFB real soon in this game, especially on the PS4 where as you say it doesn't work at all. On the PC it just needs the disconnect/reconnect trick to get started, which is a little annoying, but I've lived with it.

This is a game that requires a milder feedback in my opinion. Even though I've never tried it 😉

I imagine it could be quite hard on the wrists and hands during long sessions if it were constantly jerking around with too much force. Ouch.

Something that really needs to be fixed is turning the camera while using the wheel. It gets to be annoying have to constantly hold my controller if i want to watch the wheels in the mud or the flex of the tires lol like have the paddle shifters change camera view and swing the camera to the sides, front, and back.

This may be an XBox issue. That's what you're on, right? On the PC I can control the camera with the buttons on my wheel, except zooming. For that I need to use the mouse wheel. This game needs more key/button bindings. I'd prefer to use my wheel for all camera movements.

@unster Maybe a button box would be up your alley? If you're in a rig it could be especially helpful.

last edited by ToroToker

@torotoker Not sure what you mean by a button box. My wheel already has a bunch of buttons. For camera zoom-in I have a spare button, and for zoom-out I could probably free up another button, like the honk that I almost never use.