Suggestions for the Developers

@zoglet said in Suggestions for the Developers:

I personally like the idea of many multiple and dynamically changing log collection and delivery locations, XP being rewarded for what you do in the game towards the goal rather than particularly "8 logs delivered = complete".

This XP would then perhaps be usable to buy certain add-ons to certain trucks, i.e. 2-5% increase in power, traction, suspension travel etc. These trucks wouldn't be usable for delivery though, so all players remain on a level playing field, but they could be used for things like scouting or fuel delivery etc. Haven't fully thought that through though. Progression would need to be slow though but I love the idea of working for weeks to get some proper kick ass vehicle. I still would want it to remain in the realms of correct physics though. Maybe the idea would be that certain trucks that are unlocked in SP from progression points would only be available through XP in the MP game. EG Unimogs.

I disagree with such system.
As I already mentined elsewhere, I don't want to have any type of competition in this game and receiving XP will result in that. If you can "buy" an extra traction for your fullfilled objectives, one day we will end up with game, where trucks will climb walls, maybe even ceiling.
I don't mind current version of progression points, mainly because I want to finish all the maps anyway and doing so in order of unlocking, no big deal. But once unlocked, I have all the trucks and maps available so I can play with them as I wish.
Evolution through XP will result in players unable to play with some others, just because they are not interested in "grinding" therefore their trucks are no match for thos who are working on XP all nights.
If you want to work with that, you have to create some "match making system" and... Let's not open this Pandora's box, shall we? 🙂

I wasn’t suggesting overpowering to the point of breaking the game. A max 5, possibly 10% increase in performance, bearing in mind to get that full 5% would take significant xp and time to achieve, ie steps of maybe 0.5% on specific metrics in specific conditions isn’t going to break anything and again could in fact make the game more interesting and reward a players progression.

Even in the real world you could tweak your vehicle by this amount, ie tyre type or tread or pressure, suspension height travel or hardness, port flowing or turbo boost etc. Also tweaking for soft ground performance would damage hard ground performance etc. You could also limit the amount of ‘perks’ that could be applied at any one time, and only reset at a garage or similar.

I don’t see this as causing any issues resulting in the need for matchmaking or worrying about OP players spoiling another’s fun, there would likely be cars in the available lineup that would still outperform your tweaked variant in certain conditions.

Of course yes it would need to be thought out and designed into the game so that it add rather than subtract from the experience. I guess with a PC experience, there is so much more scope to customise and play the game however you wish with mods once the initial stuff is done that there’s no need to touch the core game. If this still isn’t going to be an option on console, a few additional options to the game that can be done without a full redesign could be seen to add value.

I’d also want to say that it’s not like I’ve just run each map twice and want something different, I’ve put my hours in. I’m trying to think of things that could be realistically done with relatively low overhead that would keep me playing after that first million kilometres 😉

last edited by zoglet

One more thing I'd like to see is real physics for cranes and the loaders when you push them in the ground. Pushing them in the ground should lift the vehicle. For example the k-700s wheels should easily come off the ground if you push the grapple down. To me this is a nessary fix as it would make it easier to load in the back of the 7310 and 7429.

@wiatowski The cranes and loaders do use real physics. It's just that the range of motion is limited, and I'm guessing that's why you're not able to lift the vehicles as far as you'd like.

well i had not noticed, but since it was mentioned i went and looked. it has changed since ST at least. the crane was a bit weak for ST and people asked for it to be stronger. it got changed, but now for MR it looks as though it has lost it's power again. 🤔

spintires crane below. yes, the outriggers are down but off the ground.
alt text

Well yeah, power of the crane would also play a role. I've seen little excavators and such (in real life) being able to lift themselves onto a truck. I don't know about heavier tractors like the K-700. It's not something that would bother me.

Does anyone else like the idea of floating logs downstream to a truck waiting to catch them? We'd need logs that float and are active past the 20m or so limit from active vehicles, though.

MR used to support floating vehicles

@unster said in Suggestions for the Developers:

Well yeah, power of the crane would also play a role. I've seen little excavators and such (in real life) being able to lift themselves onto a truck. I don't know about heavier tractors like the K-700. It's not something that would bother me.

Trust me.... They are quite capable of lifting them selves in real life. And it's handy to load it up to take to log kiosk.

I agree with Wiatowski

@ssvqwnp said in Suggestions for the Developers:

Does anyone else like the idea of floating logs downstream to a truck waiting to catch them? We'd need logs that float and are active past the 20m or so limit from active vehicles, though.

An interesting idea but I'm guessing that this isn't going to be an easy option due to the complexities involved with extending the physics engine 'bubble' beyond the current area of effect. Also, how many logs do you keep track of at any one time?

Saying that, the current engine needs to maintain the position of multiple trucks etc in MP, so perhaps it's possible that a more basic version could be implemented to allow certain assets like this to be tracked in 'low physics resolution mode' outside of a player's area of effect, i.e. just tracking position and orientation whilst floating downstream, until it again comes inside the boundaries of a player's specific 'physics bubble'.