MR2 and what we want 'zoom

More camera angles like a hood cam would be nice.

Vehicle upgrades would be fun.

Bigger maps would be good.

Organized and necessary objectives might be neat. Like a example after you unlock a garage once to get the stars, why do you ever need to do it again? You don't. So if a map has multiple garages, why not for example lock the Skidder behind the second garage. So in order to get access to your Skidder, you need to unlock your second garage first? In Mudrunner currently once you have all the stars you can just jump into a map and go straight to logging, garages or other objectives become just meaningless. So I'd love to see doing all that stuff to get a purpose.

Allow us to winch ourselves upright if we tip over. Relying on strangers in a lobby or having to get a second vehicle offline just to right yourself is annoying.

Let me break another mr2 sugg topic...
How you want to winch flipped KAMAZ by yourself in rl? How???
In most cases another truck is not enough, but you want to put on wheels massive and maybe loaded vehicle, with turned off engine...how???
To winch out A class - maybe, but not trucks!

last edited by Stazco

@stazco said in MR2 and what we want 'zoom:

Let me break another mr2 sugg topic...
How you want to winch flipped KAMAZ by yourself in rl? How???
In most cases another truck is not enough, but you want to put on wheels massive and maybe loaded vehicle, with turned off engine...how???
To winch out A class - maybe, but not trucks!

Not everything in a game has to be hyper realistic, you want to find a good balance between realism and fun.

Having to wait around for another players help or having to return to your garage, get another truck, and take a 10 minute or so drive to reach your flipped vehicle. Sure it's more realistic but at the same time your are sacrificing peoples enjoyment of the game.

I remember this one time I met a rare troll playing Mudrunner. I had a load of logs and the guy reversed straight into the side my me and kept going trying trying to flip me over but after a second the game let him faze though me.

So by your logic, because everything has to be realistic. Fazing should not exist? Any troll should be able to ram into the side of me, push me until he flips me over making me lose my load(s) and possibly damage my truck? After all fazing don't exist in reality. So the dev's better enable trolls and greifers to have their way, right?

Being able to self right with a winch, sure it's not super realistic. However it's a lot more convenient for the player and sometimes those sacrifices aren't a bad thing when it improves the gaming experience.

Remember dude, it is a game at the end of the day. A good balance of realism and fun often yields the best results. Sometimes, to much realism can be a bad thing in a video game.

@justinlynch3
Haha
I see you point, and you are right!)
But its a sim game, not stuppid arcade like forza horizon there you can run thorough walls on 200 km/h.
So i can accept this arcade winch IN ARCADE mode, but NEVER in default mode. If it will be - MANY people will not buy it since MR is a sim at a first place.

As for phazing - thats why i never play any multiplayer. But maybe im just too old and short seeing 🙃

last edited by Stazco

@stazco said in MR2 and what we want 'zoom:

@justinlynch3
Haha
I see you point, and you are right!)
But its a sim game, not stuppid arcade like forza horizon there you can run thorough walls on 200 km/h.
So i can accept this arcade winch IN ARCADE mode, but NEVER in default mode. If it will be - MANY people will not buy it since MR is a sim at a first place.

As for phazing - thats why i never play any multiplayer. But maybe im just too old and short seeing 🙃

No sim game is 100% sim though. Sports games and wrestling games are sim games, but they still have a few small arcade elements to keep the games fun. Nascar, F1, Turismo are racing sims but still has a few arcade elements to keep gameplay fun.

Just because a game is a sim doesn't mean it has to be 100% realistic. Even with sim games you still have to make sure the game is fun, that's the entire point of it being a game.

Besides the winch while stalled was in in Spintires. If anything, I hear more people complaining about it being removed for Mudrunner,