What do you all feel is over or underpowered right now? Here are my thoughts:
(factions are listed from strongest to weakest, left to right)
- Top: reload + kin-crewed battery drukhari
- High: macro craftworld torpedo cruisers, archeron lance chaos, traktor orks with slowing zzaps / big red button upgrades / invisibility
- Mid: crit auxiliary protector tau, grand cruiser imperials, 2x damage starpulse necrons, merchant tau, nova-spam admech
- Low: carrier tyrannids, voidstalker corsairs
- Bottom: [necrons without star pulse], spess marines
- Tyrannids would be a lot more balanced if maps weren't bugged to have barely any asteroids/nebulae. Pure carrier nids would be less overwhelming while a lot of other nid options would become more viable, which should put them in mid tier.
- Several factions (chaos, IN, admech, SM) can do a pure LC + escort capping-focused fleet that's probably low-mid tier. Tragically the SM one doesn't really work right now because overpowered scuttle damage kills them all, cementing SM's position in the garbage can.
- I'm assuming the players are fairly experienced with their fleet for this comparison, and know how to brace / kite away from carriers, or how to keep their craftworld eldar safely orbiting at 13.5k.
I'll edit this based on feedback.