Melee is overpowered

Melee is overpowered in this game.

I would be ok with it if there was a bayonet attachment but it is ridiculous that hitting an enemy with your muzzle is an instant kill.

There's mo way it should be more powerful than rifle fire.

In my opinion it has no place in this game but it would make sense at least if there was bayonets.

@overkill777 It shouldn't one-shot. Like, at all lmao.

If you're playing Coop, there's a reason bot melee attacks almost always one-hit; it's because bots automatically aim for the head. Hitting anyone in the face with any melee attack is an instant kill.

last edited by MarksmanMax

It's not a one shot at all. Maybe you were lit? Last time I tried, it took three melees to kill someone from behind.

@overkill777 Sounds like someone meleed you to death and everyone on the server started laughing at you.

Thanks for the comments. I noticed it playing coop with bots. Coming around corners if you meet a bot it's like an instant kill. Makes no sense in a semi realistic shooter.

No one laughed at me.

Yah, it's like bots in coop have a insta-kill field around them. Get within that range, even if you're actively shooting them, and you just seem to die. It's crazy.

@Overkill777
Its difficult in pvp to get close enough to perform a melee kill, and for it to be of any use it needs to go quickly. Its also realistic even if the animation is not showing such details.

In pve, the bots where underwhelming up close in Insurgency 2014, giving them a melee boost sounds good - They are still just bots, so with practice it should be possible to keep them at arms length distance.

@overkill777 Ah well co-op I can understand, bots do need a melee nerf in that. I was thinking that someone meleed you in pvp.

@pacalis said in Melee is overpowered:

In pve, the bots where underwhelming up close in Insurgency 2014, giving them a melee boost sounds good - They are still just bots, so with practice it should be possible to keep them at arms length distance.

Well ultimately, this is problematic when room-clearing as you might just end up with a bot in your face.

Also, if a bot sees you and you hide behind cover, that bot can and will chase you down behind that cover and often instakills you with a melee attack. I've witnessed it countless times.

Bot melee (without a knife) is overpowered. My melee WITH A KNIFE is under-powered 😞