Local Play impossible!

I have found it is extremely difficult to win any matches in 'local play'. The biggest problem is defending an area.
If I die, I will re spawn miles away. By the time I get anywhere close to the area again, my team are all killed and we lose. I can never win! Does anyone else agree that the re spawn points need to be closer to the defending objectives?

The other issue I have is that sometimes I will be in the defending area, and still be alive, but the opponents still capture it! I think unless myself and the whole of my team are killed, then the opponents should not be able to capture the defending area.

@halcyonkloes said in Local Play impossible!:

I have found it is extremely difficult to win any matches in 'local play'. The biggest problem is defending an area.
If I die, I will re spawn miles away. By the time I get anywhere close to the area again, my team are all killed and we lose. I can never win!

Yes, defending is difficult because if you die, you don't have time to run back and stop them from recapturing as you pointed out. As a recapture is an immediate loss, it's game over.

One thing you can do is as soon as you die, quickly switch your view to one of your AI teammates (presuming at least one is still alive) and then take possession of that bot and keep defending.

If you don't do this quickly enough, the game doesn't make you wait while your bots fight (this is solo mode after all) and just respawns you with a new wave of AI.

However, it's this respawning that pulls your remaining AI from defending the point causing the problem in the first place. So, once again, if you can take control of an AI bot QUICKLY you can hopefully keep fighting and complete the defence.

All that said, as Local Play is non-competitive solo mode (presumably just for practice and fun) it might be nice if the devs considered:

• Adding some bonus time if you die while defending so you have time to salvage a defence of a point.
  • Simply remove the Defend requirement from Local Play and avoid the problem entirely.

The other issue I have is that sometimes I will be in the defending area, and still be alive, but the opponents still capture it! I think unless myself and the whole of my team are killed, then the opponents should not be able to capture the defending area.

Capturing is "pushed" back and forth by the number of bodies on the objective. Your team needs to outnumber the enemy team for it to move in your favour.

last edited by JLX