Wrangmogs Workshop

Didnt get much done this week, but the engine is there (not my best engine but it will do cause nobody will see it probably) and I modeled the rear axle, which I'm proud of to be honest XD.
Lots of stuff to do still before I can start modeling the cab and bed. Also need to do some tweaking to the chassis because the rails need to be wider/taller.
Knipsel.PNG

last edited by wrangmog

@wrangmog Nice job so far! Do we know what's it gonna be or is it still under NDA 😃

@deathcoreboy1 its gonna be a rally unimog, something simular to these.
FB_IMG_1562801717548.jpg FB_IMG_1562624256260.jpg FB_IMG_1562801760953.jpg FB_IMG_1562801773552.jpg FB_IMG_1562801740546.jpg

UNIMOG! Looks good man, I'm a huge fan of them specially the U1300 swb and lwb
Keep up the awesome work man

Just an other quick update, axles are there. I'm gonna make the springs and other stuff tonight I guess.
Knipsel1.PNG Knipsel.PNG

@wrangmog So you work on the chassis before the actual body? I'm having a hard time unwrapping my Haulmaax suspension and chassis. Takes a lot of space.

@deathcoreboy1 yes, Just like I would do in reallife. That way you can acces the frame better and can you fit the body better in my opinion.

last edited by wrangmog

@wrangmog How much time it takes for you to do the required research about the components and pieces? Because most of the time I'm online trying to figure out which type of suspension is used on the truck or, how exactly do the axles fit with the suspension and so on... I probably spend more time researching than modeling. 😃

@deathcoreboy1 well, we have a Unimog 1300 our self, so that helps a lot. And most of the time I'm making custom 4 links for my mods. So not so much lol. I just take a look at some pictures and just try something and make it work.

last edited by wrangmog

@deathcoreboy1
Same here. I'm a stickler for details, and a huge car geek as well, so I want to be both mechanically and dimensionally accurate while also having to work within the limits of the game and other software.
@wrangmog
More than a little jelly that you actually have a real Unimog! ❤

I actually go body first then then the frame and suspension then interiors and last the engine... And eye candy

Well, stuff is getting real now, probably the best looking axle setup I've ever done lol. She's 2.45 meters (8.04 feet) wide.
Knipsel1.PNG Knipsel.PNG

Lol mogs use panhards?
Looks really good man, I'm loving the build, one of my favorite trucks in real life

@Forces yeah they do, and when they brake you have a serious problem because its a one link front and rear xd.

last edited by wrangmog

I bet lol
Well technically is a 4 link triangulated that goes from each well to the center torsion bar /axle housing

Those are funny to animate lol

I made one a long time ago, my frame was shaped different tho, the rest was just like yours

Well, I finally could go on with the unimog today. I got the error that a DNA block was missing in my main file, I almost threw my laptop through a window. But luckily for me I found out that the .blend1 files are backup files where you can remove the 1, so surprisingly everything was fine. Which in my opinion is a little strange because the .blend and .blend1 file get saved at the same time. But so far so good and this is what I have right now:

Knipsel2.PNG Knipsel1.PNG Knipsel.PNG

PS: I would like to hear how this error could happen so if someone knows why, please let me know.

Yeah the .blend1 file has saved me a time or two also.

By the way, the Unimog is looking awesome so far.

last edited by JustaFordGuy

@wrangmog
Looks great man! Are you modeling it after your RL 'Mog?

@Mexican_420 no our own unimog is as well an u1300L but its made for overlanding. Those unimogs are made for the Breslau Rally and the Balkan Rally with 2 shocks at each corner, 300 - 500 HP and 1200 Nm torque, starting at the 6 or 7 gear and shifting to 8 in one go, the real stuff XD.