XP for Playing the Objective

I'm not entirely sure how XP is calculated at the moment. But, it seems that XP for objectives is worth more than XP for kills. I like this as it encourages people to focus on the objective rather than their personal K:D.

However, you only seem to earn objective bonuses if you are ON the objective when it is captured/defended.

If I'm at an objective and see many teammates are already parked inside cap'ing. I tend to circle outside and try to flank enemies and/or mark their approach path. I'd argue this is a valid way of supporting the capture/defence of the objective. But, as I'm not in the building at the time, I usually find I'm not credited with any objective bonuses.

I'd suggest that if you kill, hit or even suppress any enemy player/bot that is within a certain RADIUS of the objective as it is being captured/defended - even if YOU are not within the capture area at the time - you also be awarded XP for supporting the objective.

This would mean that if you aren't inside the objective zone, you'd only get XP if you actually engaged a nearby enemy. Simply camping behind a rock so you don't die while your teammates do all the work wouldn't net you anything.

So, as mentioned above, flanking or snipers providing overwatch for example would be considered support of the objective.

I just think that actually being inside the objective zone (while of course necessary for the capture) is to narrow view of "playing the objective".

last edited by JLX

While i LOVE the ideas you're putting forth to balance the mechanics that are currently in place, i'd like to propose a different method: remove scores from coop all together.

We could have our personal KD ratio's displayed after the round....but if there's a name and a score attached to it, human nature is to be competitive and to become as efficient as possible at making that number the highest on the scoreboard. And that's not what the point of coop is about. it's about working together to make it through to the end.

I think that personally, if the scoreboard were entirely removed, it would facilitate MUCH better game play. Snipers able to do their job, commanders not feeling the need to rush points out of fear of missing out, etc. Think it over. The more I've played (and i only play coop), the more I've realized i'd like to see it happen.

last edited by lordsiggi

I absolutely agree to that proposal.
People must be forced to play as a team ( especially in COOP games ) and this would be one nice step in that direction.

@lordsiggi said in XP for Playing the Objective:

While i LOVE the ideas you're putting forth to balance the mechanics that are currently in place, i'd like to propose a different method: remove scores from coop all together.

We could have our personal KD ratio's displayed after the round....but if there's a name and a score attached to it, human nature is to be competitive and to become as efficient as possible at making that number the highest on the scoreboard. And that's not what the point of coop is about. it's about working together to make it through to the end.

I think that personally, if the scoreboard were entirely removed, it would facilitate MUCH better game play. Snipers able to do their job, commanders not feeling the need to rush points out of fear of missing out, etc. Think it over. The more I've played (and i only play coop), the more I've realized i'd like to see it happen.

I hear ya! However, aren't those unlock points/coins/tokens/whatever-they-are tied to score/XP? If ppl can't unlock their cosmetics when playing co-op I think they'll likely get grumpy as it is a very popular mode.