Weapon suggestion: AMD-65

Hello!

I would like to suggest adding the AMD-65 to the Security side, preferably to the Advisor class. Since that side doesn't have a weapon fiirng the 7.62X39 cartridge yet, this would be a fitting addition to the firepower of the Security faction in my opinion.

alt text

First of all, here is a short description of the weapon:
The AMD-65 is a Hungarian-manufactured licensed variant of the venerable AKM rifle for use by the country's armored infantry and paratrooper units. The main features of the weapon are the side folding wire stock, the front grip, the 12.6-inch barrel which is shorter than a regular AKM barrel and the removable muzzle brake mounted on the end of the barrel.

Now you might be thinking why would a Hungarian weapon end up in the hands of some Middle-Eastern soldiers. The situation is, that the AMD-65 has been exported to the West Bank and Gaza, as well as Afghanistan. An increasing number of western security forces, including contract employees of the former Blackwater Worldwide who are serving in the latter two countries, use highly modified AMD-65s rather than conventional 5.56mm based rifles. The weapon can be easily modified to suit the needs of any soldier who decides to use this weapon.

Let's look at the attachments the weapon can mount:

• Sight: The weapon can be modified with the sight mounting bracket seen on the AKMN enabling it to mount any sight or rail system which is using the Russian mounting system.
    Here is an example of an AMD-65 with an НСП-3 night sight
    Here is an example of an AMD-65 with an НСП-3 night sight

• Supressor: The AMD-65 can mount the ПБС-1supressor.
    Here is a picture from the manual of the AMD-65 with the supressor
    Here is a picture from the manual of the AMD-65 with the supressor

• Underbarrel launcher: Sure thing. You can remove the foregrip and mount a ГП-25 grenade launcher without any problem.
    AMD-65 with an underbarrel grenade launcher
    AMD-65 with an underbarrel grenade launcher

• High capacity magazines: The weapon can mount any of the magazines the normal AKM can mount, including the 75 round drum mags from the RPK. You can even easily modify the wire stock that you can fold it while you have the RPK drum in the gun
    Here is an AMD-65 from Syria with the RPK drum and some rails + scope mounted
    Here is an AMD-65 from Syria with the RPK drum and some rails + scope mounted

• Rail system: You can easily change or modify the metal furniture to mount a rail system to mount anything you desire
    AMD-65 with Picatinny rails
    AMD-65 with Picatinny rails

Since this weapon is rarely represented in games I think it would be an interesting and exotic sight in the game while it fits the setting of Sandstorm.

By the way, did I mention that even John Rambo himself approved the weapon? :slightly_smiling_face:
By the way, did I mention that even John Rambo himself approved the weapon? 🙂

last edited by McFosat

Good arguments for that weapon to be implemented into Sandstorm.

The underbarrel grenade launcher seems to be a Do-It-Yourself solution with 3 metal hose clamps.
It doesn´t look as if this is original design to be mounted underbarrel.

What the hell are the two teenagers doing there on the seconds last picture ?
It´s a really sad situation in the middle-east.
These boys should enjoy life instead of killing or getting killed.
Shame on the soldiers who accept young boys as combatants in their troups.

@gsg_9_lightning said in Weapon suggestion: AMD-65:

The underbarrel grenade launcher seems to be a Do-It-Yourself solution with 3 metal hose clamps.
It doesn´t look as if this is original design to be mounted underbarrel.

Yeah, since the barrel is shorter I'm not sure if you could mount it on the gun the "right way". Also the ГП-25 was never used in the Hungarian army and the soldiers weren't supposed to remove the foregrip (that metal furniture gets hot really quickly) so I think the designers didn't even have it in their mind to make the weapon officially accept it. The guys at NWI could implement the DIY way or a rail system if they think it needs a grenade launcher attachment too.

What the hell are the two teenagers doing there on the seconds last picture ?
It´s a really sad situation in the middle-east.
These boys should enjoy life instead of killing or getting killed.
Shame on the soldiers who accept young boys as combatants in their troups.

The picture was shot in Tripoli, Libanon back on the 24th of August, 2012. The people on the picture are Sunni fighters.

last edited by McFosat